PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start?

Ron Boyes
14th February 2007, 11:17 AM
Hi All,
Would like to try my hand at making a box - ok I have a bandsaw with a 1/2 inch 3TPI blade.(just got it so experience is low)
I would like to start off with something not too complex - suggestions?
Questions:
Type of wood to use?
Blades - size etc?

Anthing else you can think to help

Thanks
ron

ptc
14th February 2007, 12:11 PM
Try This
Bandsawn Box Plans
in bandsawn boxes.

Sculptured Box
14th February 2007, 12:46 PM
Hello Ron

Welcome to bandsawn box making, here you can be rewarded for your creative skills and have fun.

First step is to obtain a 1/4" or 3/16" bandsaw blade, say with a 10 to 14tpi.

Then make sure your bandsaw is properly set up, if you have a look through the following site you will find some very useful information ~ Bandsaws and Blades information sites (http://www.tonyward.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=3&id=38&Itemid=90%22%3E)

Then when you've obtained your wood and made your first bandsawn box, share it with the members of this Forum, all of whom are very supportive and encouraging,

Good luck, if your also looking for additional bandsawn box making information there are free plans and a Pocket Guide available from my web site at no cost,

Ron Boyes
15th February 2007, 12:44 PM
Hello Ron

Welcome to bandsawn box making, here you can be rewarded for your creative skills and have fun.

First step is to obtain a 1/4" or 3/16" bandsaw blade, say with a 10 to 14tpi.

Then make sure your bandsaw is properly set up, if you have a look through the following site you will find some very useful information ~ Bandsaws and Blades information sites (http://www.tonyward.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=3&id=38&Itemid=90%22%3E)

Then when you've obtained your wood and made your first bandsawn box, share it with the members of this Forum, all of whom are very supportive and encouraging,

Good luck, if your also looking for additional bandsawn box making information there are free plans and a Pocket Guide available from my web site at no cost,

Hi Tony,
Can you advise the best place to obtain the 1/4 and 3/16 blades from? I need a length of 3340

thanks
ron

Sculptured Box
15th February 2007, 02:01 PM
Ron

I am not sure whether that size blade is available over the counter at Carbatech, MIK or Hare and Forbes?

Henry Brothers Saws at 541 Old Hawkesbury Road, Vineyard PH 02 9627 5486 are always willing to oblige and ship Australia wide.