PDA

View Full Version : Adam Phillips?

matt_o
14th February 2007, 02:10 PM
Hi,

Has anyone here ever heard of a luthier called Adam Phillips? I have an electric guitar from 1993 with "Adam Phillips - PSG Guitars - Sydney Australia" on it. I've never heard of these guitars anywhere else and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them?

Thanks,
Matt.

kiwigeo
14th February 2007, 02:37 PM
A Google search comes up with an Adam Phillips who plays in the band Indophile.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=63489613

Cheers Martin

blingdring
13th September 2010, 05:37 PM
I have a guitar made by Adam Phillips. It is a Telecaster copy and a well made guitar. I bought it in Sydney in the early '90's. It has a beautiful fat 1950's style neck. I never met him but a friend of mine knew him and raved about how good his Fender copies were. I found the Tele copy in a shop second-hand. I'll be using it on a couple of gigs this week. I would be interested to hear any other stories about his guitars and if he is still making them.
cheers
Blingdring

davepeebs
15th September 2010, 02:44 PM
Adam was a good luthier back in 90's. I used to work for Gilet Guitars in that era and Adam was in there every week or so working on something. He sprayed a beautiful 3 tone sunburst finish on one of my electric guitars. It is one of the best finishes I have ever seen on any guitar. Something like 36 coats of nitrocelulose.
I have used one of his tele style guitars live and for recording. They are more versatile than fender's but have a different clean sound.
All in all very good quality guitars.