PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

Waldo
15th February 2007, 02:01 PM
G'day,

Over the last few days when making posts I've been getting this as a screen, not consistantly, but on an ocassional basis.

Did someone throw bleach everywhere?

Gumby
15th February 2007, 02:30 PM
Me too. I just though it was a default colour scheme for that particular forum but i don't know which one I was in when it came up.

Stuart
15th February 2007, 02:33 PM
Have flagged it for the Syst. Administrator to look at.

rona
15th February 2007, 02:55 PM
Hi Waldo,
I have had that screen pop up a couple of times early in the week, but seems to have settled down again.
Cheers,
Ron.

ubeaut
15th February 2007, 06:05 PM
How many of those with the problem are using Firefox. If not Firefox then what browser are you using. Have you installed any new programs or updates recently, if so what? What operating system are you using? How old is your computer, etc, etc.

Give us a little something to work with here.

rona
15th February 2007, 08:13 PM
Hello Neil,
My system this way is an iMac, approximately 2 months old, prior to that I had a mini mac for 18 months. I run Firefox, but no other programs
that are your normal cheapie ones that most people install (shareware and sh** like that) Mine is maintained by my son, who is the computer engineer with Senatas in South Melbourne, where he maintains over 200 computers,(I am not allowed to install anything that is microsoft driven either).
The problem happened 3 days ago, and again Tuesday night. It is just a flash when you have written a message here and are transfering it to the main thread board. Have not had it happen again. I will let you know if it persists or is in a different form.

Kind Regards,
Ron,

Big Shed
15th February 2007, 08:28 PM
I have been running Firefox (PC) for some time and haven't seen this behaviour.

Stuart
15th February 2007, 08:29 PM
I've been running Firefox on a Mac for a few months, so it's more complex than that - I've not seen something like the screenshot either (yet!)

ubeaut
15th February 2007, 10:03 PM
I have started running Firefox in the last few months, along with IE, Netscape and Opera, mainly to check out the way our sites respond to the different browsers. Have to say that Opera is about the most stable and reliable. Have had quite a few false starts with Firefox which seems to have a bit of a problem sometimes with vBulletin which these forums are.

Please keep an eye on the problem and let us know here if it happens again and what time. The forums are supposed to be reasonably bullet proof now but then again we thought they were bulletproof with the last version as well.

Will get Steven to have a look at it tomorrow.

Anyone else with the same problem please post times and other pertinent info here.

Thanks - Neil :U

Gumby
15th February 2007, 10:08 PM
How many of those with the problem are using Firefox. If not Firefox then what browser are you using. Have you installed any new programs or updates recently, if so what? What operating system are you using? How old is your computer, etc, etc.

I was using FF when i got that screen.

Waldo
16th February 2007, 10:53 AM

G'day Neil,

I'm running Safari 2.0.3 on a 2.5 GHZ Quad G5 with 4.5 GB. My Mac is about 7 months old, OS is Tiger 10.6. No new programmes or updates installed.

silentC
16th February 2007, 10:57 AM
FWIW I use Firefox 2.0.0.1 on Windows 2003 and have never had any problems with the forum.

bitingmidge
16th February 2007, 11:23 AM
G'day Neil,

I'm running Safari 2.0.3 on a 2.5 GHZ Quad G5 with 4.5 GB. My Mac is about 7 months old, OS is Tiger 10.6. No new programmes or updates installed.

Waldo, the current version of Safari is 2.0.4 (I don't THINK it will make a difference)

Your OS version isn't correct, 10.4.8 is the current version of Tiger, I don't think 10.6 is due out till 2010! :D

I run Safari 2.0.4 and OS 10.4.8 on a three year old iBook and a five year old eMac and have no problems with this BB rendering correctly.

Cheers,

P

masoth
16th February 2007, 11:23 AM
Right now 11.22am, using IE 7 and entering via 'New Posts" clicking open 'Congratulations Derek! (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=45211); I have the white-out,

soth

Waldo
16th February 2007, 11:26 AM
Waldo, the current version of Safari is 2.0.4 (I don't THINK it will make a difference)

Your OS version isn't correct, 10.4.8 is the current version of Tiger, I don't think 10.6 is due out till 2010! :D

I run Safari 2.0.4 and OS 10.4.8 on a three year old iBook and a five year old eMac and have no problems with this BB rendering correctly.

Cheers,

P

G'day Bittingmidge,

It's the lurgy that's hit me, it affecting my brain, that and my my childhood.

To correct things: 10.4.6. All is correct at the time of printing.

Bob38S
16th February 2007, 11:49 AM
G'day,

Running a 2004, 1.25GHz, G4, eMac and Firefox version 1.5.0.3 - no problems, always stable and never had logging on problems.

Hope the info helps,
Bob

dadpad
16th February 2007, 12:12 PM
Right now 11.22am, using IE 7 and entering via 'New Posts" clicking open 'Congratulations Derek! (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=45211); I have the white-out,

soth

Just clicked the link in your post soth (12.05pm) and got the white-out as well.

I've seen this before a couple of times but cant remeber any helpfull details.

Using Firefox 2.00.1 and windows xp (auto update)

Is it anything to do with archiving?

EDIT: actaully the difference only appears to be in the hatched matched board perhaps thats intentional and not the original problem

masoth
16th February 2007, 01:21 PM
For the sake of pot-stirriing - maybe my referenced post is suffering "MountainCreek" fever - well..........................................................

............ it is started by bitingmidge, eh?

:damn: skeeters

soth

Barry_White
16th February 2007, 04:38 PM
I am running XP with IE7 and have it come up on occassions. I have also had it come up with IE6 before I upgraded. I am at the moment using my daughter's laptop running XP running Firefox 2.0.0.1 and had it come up just a while ago but can't remember the post I clicked on.

I thought it was just the profile that the user was using when he made the post.

Grunt
16th February 2007, 06:26 PM
I still have lots of problems.

My doctor says if I keep taking my pills it'll get better.

abitfishy
16th February 2007, 07:36 PM
IE7, Win XP, 2mth old PC, get that screen often.

ubeaut
16th February 2007, 09:34 PM
Story from Steven the guru goes something like this.

The site gets upward of 50,000 hits per day and sometimes it glitches just for a split second or two. and doesn't quite recognize which skin is being used. It might happen once every few thousand hits or something like that.

We have often had as many as 70 or more people log on in a 5 second period.

We currently have 4 different skins set for the forums and it is possible that one or more are intermingling and causing a problem.

For anyone who is getting the problem, it might be worth going to your > Edit Options > Forum Skin (bottom of the page) and change the skin setting from Default to maybe Basic, U-Beauts or vBulletin 3 watch out for Triton it's scary and Neils still isn't finished

Try this and see if over the next few weeks the problem happens again.

Cheers - Neil :)