PDA

View Full Version : Today's turning-- I thought I'd put in our board

lubbing5cherubs
15th February 2007, 06:43 PM
I thought because today is a new board I show you what I been doing today. This are letter holders. The horse is on purple gidgee( I used CA finish on this like you do on pen), the swans are on black wood this is done by ubeaut.
Love your opinions
Toni

Touchwood
15th February 2007, 07:38 PM
Hi Toni,
looks like the Mum time is still working ..

I think the proportiion of the swan is better than the horse, love the timber and finish. Nice gift idea,

JD

Jim Carroll
15th February 2007, 08:34 PM
Toni, Irene thought the swan may have looked better across the other way to look like the ripples in the water.

lubbing5cherubs
15th February 2007, 08:38 PM
Thanks Jim and Irene appreciate your thoughts. (funny I wasn't thinking of ripples I thought of the reeds.)
Toni

Thanks Jenny. Funny that I thought I like the horse more that the swan. What others think?

rodent
16th February 2007, 02:04 AM
Think mmmm how about a slightly wider more flaired base for the horses in say black heart sasafrass ( i know i still can't spell).

johnc
16th February 2007, 07:49 AM
Likewise the proportions on the horse do look better, thw swans base seems to be sitting to high. Nice though, I haven't seen the metal pieces before, so that is something new.

John.

RufflyRustic
16th February 2007, 10:57 AM
Very stylish Toni! I haven't seen the letter rack parts around either, but what a great idea! :2tsup:

Cheers
Wendy

lubbing5cherubs
16th February 2007, 11:39 AM
Wendy, The parts come from Carrols. Cost about $6 they are only small like about 5cm high but they do hold a letter quite well, I tried.
Toni

jess
15th March 2007, 09:00 PM
They look really good. especially the purple gidgee. well done, i'd be so proud if i turned them, but not that far advanced in turnin yet, but can get a really nice finish when i try, or when rodent is bein fussy :D