PDA

View Full Version : longshot

Bear
20th February 2007, 09:35 AM
This is a longshot I am looking at starting airbrushing. I live in Bendigo, Does anyone know a good website or starting point

Regards

Bear

bsrlee
21st February 2007, 02:50 AM
Try your local library, airbrushing was/is a popular subject with art book publishers ands some of them have some advice as well as depressingly good artwork. Give Google a go too - something like airbrush +tutorial -wargames should give you some links, you might also try +mural and/or +vehicle.

If you don't already have an outfit, I think you want a pretty good ($$$) double action airbrush and a decent small compressor with an oil/moisture trap on it - don't waste you time with the 'canned air' that hobby shops will try to sell you as a 'beginner'. You can get reasonable compressors designed for airbrushing for around $400AU, or get a GMC or Arlec compressor for about $100AU & buy a separate moisture trap.

MicroMark in the US do average to good airbrushes and accessories over the net, but of course the compressors are 110volt.

Jim Carroll
21st February 2007, 07:21 AM
Go to some of your local panel beating shops, they may be able to tell you where there is any courses are or local suppliers of the gear.