PDA

View Full Version : WIP - House of Ruffly

Pages : [1] 2

RufflyRustic
20th February 2007, 05:34 PM
Obituary of the Solar Kiln
It is with deep regret (NOT!) that I wish to advise you all that the Solar Kiln passed on to its new home on Sunday, 18 February 2007.

It was a long and involved process, with many coffee stops needed to replan the method of attack ensuring that all the good stuff was stacked carefully to one side and the not-so-good stuff was dumped well away.

Solar Kiln was a great, little, sweat box in summer and a fantastic icebox in winter. It is still unknown if it will be missed or not.

:D

Pic 1: Before the attack:cool:
Pic 2: In the middle of the attack
Pic 3: She's a-coming down!:U
Pic 4: Muscles!!!!:roll:
Pic 5: How on earth did I fit all of that and more in such a small space :?

Cheers
Wendy

RufflyRustic
20th February 2007, 05:38 PM
... and a few more:

Pic 6: The Empty Slab
Pic 7: Now the Hard Yakka starts :~

The site will be levelled next weekend and hopefully I'll hear about council approval within the next two weeks as well.:)

Cheers
Wendy

Groggy
20th February 2007, 06:16 PM
Jeez Wendy, borrow a percussion hammer to get rid of the cement, your elbows will thank you for it. It should be reasonably cheap to hire a breaker hammer of some type.

I bet you can't wait for the new shed :)

ozwinner
20th February 2007, 06:53 PM
Ozito!!!!! :q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q:q etc.

Al :2tsup:

Wood Butcher
20th February 2007, 07:15 PM
Geez, reckon Al likes his Ozito hammer drill???:p

ozwinner
20th February 2007, 07:19 PM
If you guys lived more closer Id give ya lend..

Al :p

Grunt
20th February 2007, 07:34 PM
I think it is important to have a washing machine in your workshop.

Big Shed
20th February 2007, 07:47 PM
Local Bunnies is still selling those Ozitos at $69, must be easier than that hammer and chisel!

echnidna
20th February 2007, 07:47 PM
A crowbar is a lot easier than a hammer & chisel.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th February 2007, 07:57 PM
I think it is important to have a washing machine in your workshop.

Don't you recognise a custom workbench when you see one?

RufflyRustic
20th February 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm so glad I don't have to follow through with Ozito!! :D I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with sitting back with a long tall drink and watching the guys get rid of the slab this coming weekend :U

Of course there will be a few cold ones in the fridge for them, but they don't come out till half time at least :D

cheers
Wendy

Groggy
20th February 2007, 08:13 PM
I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with sitting back with a long tall drink and watching the guys get rid of the slab this coming weekend :U Of course there will be a few cold ones in the fridge for them, but they don't come out till half time at least :D Tell the guys you've buried their beer under the slab then get out of the way. :)

DavidG
20th February 2007, 08:31 PM
Pity I was not a lot closer.

Driver
20th February 2007, 08:58 PM
Wendy

If you or the guys are going to break up that slab with either an Ozito hammer or darkside methods - WEAR SAFETY GLASSES!!!!!

Those little concrete chips would make a helluva mess of ya peepers if you copped one.

Col (the cautious).

AlexS
20th February 2007, 09:08 PM
Allow me to be of assistance.:D

Shedgirl
20th February 2007, 11:47 PM
[quote=rufflyrustic;465738]Obituary of the Solar Kiln
It is with deep regret (NOT!) that I wish to advise you all that the Solar Kiln passed on to its new home on Sunday, 18 February 2007.

Don't worry Wendy, the Solar Kiln lives on, at my place. I mostly work in the carport, because the shed is only a temperate zone for about one week a year... and The Big Muscly Bloke has the garage to himself, for one strange old Russian motorbike that has so far taken 7 years to restore........

rodent
21st February 2007, 12:42 AM
I dont see a lathe in all that aaaa accumulation . so where did you hide it.

Wongo
21st February 2007, 09:10 AM
Wendy, don’t forget to take make room for your washing machine.:D

Sorry it is a bad joke.:B

JDub
21st February 2007, 09:11 AM
Yer Im with the others wendy,

Go and hire a small jack hammer for half a day... wont cost much and it will break up like butter.... took me less than an hour to break up my old small slab where my new shed now stands. Easy peasy.... :D

Either that, or give the big bloke in the pics a FBSH and tell him to go nuts... :2tsup:
maybe paint a picture of George Bush (or some other tosser) on the slab for incentive ;)

RufflyRustic
21st February 2007, 09:44 AM
Well, between all of us, I reckon we could blow it up with AlexS' Big Reds, then clean it up with DavidG's rig and then kick back with our feet up on the washing machine. :D

Bad joke? Not really. I have a fantastic comic about the washing machine, but it can only go in the Orange Room :o , I keep thinking of that comic whenever the WM is mentioned :D

Oh and the WM in the photo will be going somewhere when HWMNBO decides to move it out the front and onto the ute.:rolleyes:

cheers
Wendy

jmk89
21st February 2007, 10:21 AM
We had a washing machine once that when it got out of balance used to jump up and down and raise a huge noise and start wandering out of its space by the laundry, sometimes far enough to pull the hoses off the taps!. It was a big old heavy beast (Hoover, ISTR).

I remember on one occasion it walked across the laundry and jammed the door and locked my Mum in there for three hours - I had to crawl through the laundry window (I was smaller than she was and could fit through but she couldn't) when I got home from school to help her lift the WM out of the way and free her from her imprisonment!!!

Which makes me think - if your WM had the same tendancies, and was of similar mass, you could replace the feet with cold chisels and do the washing for the neighbourhood and break up the slab at the same time...

How's that for lateral thinking.....:2tsup: :2tsup:

Moo73
21st February 2007, 01:44 PM
The quicker you get through that slab... the quicker you get to MIXING CEMENT...the one thing that I hate more than dropping a hammer on my foot...though you might have thought ahead and getting a small truck to bring it in!!

ozwinner
21st February 2007, 01:48 PM
The quicker you get through that slab... the quicker you get to MIXING CEMENT...the one thing that I hate more than dropping a hammer on my foot...though you might have thought ahead and getting a small truck to bring it in!!

What, the hammer?

Al :U:q

zenwood
21st February 2007, 03:35 PM
This is exciting Ruffly. Looking forward to seeing progress:)

RufflyRustic
21st February 2007, 05:02 PM
Me too, as there is not much I can do now, except wait, pay the $$, and watch the work being done :D

Buzza
21st February 2007, 10:36 PM
:D Your posing of course!

Open toed shoes, no goggles, no gloves, and no helmet. Serious concrete smashing needs serious safety wear, and I have the scars to prove it. Wearing sandals and walking backwards with a load cost me a few stitches two weeks back, right on the ankle bone. Concrete has sharp edges. :-

Our WM that wandered off back in 1964 was an old (at the time) BENDIX. It pulled right out of the cement floor. We laid a new slab just to take the WM, and few weeks later, it followed SWMBO out of the laundry into the yard. :oo:

Don't forget a window for the air-con, you'll need one of them to stay even longer. :cool:

Ashore
21st February 2007, 11:00 PM
Me too, as there is not much I can do now, except wait, pay the $$, and watch the work being done :D
Just keep thinking New Shed New Shed and then when its done plan it out well, take a week or two drawings etc and get it close to right rather than say in a couple of months " I wish I had put that there so I could mill that length etc"

BTW why not post wour washing machine joke in the orange room or are you sitting on it for another day when nothings going on , come on you have teased us with it post it now.

Rgds
Russell

Ps Every day I use it I thank you for the can opener. As you said its the best on the market, never a problem , Thanks again.:)

RufflyRustic
22nd February 2007, 09:53 AM
Congratulations Buzza! Yes, I was posing for that shot :D There's no way in &*^%$% I would ever try to bust up that concrete. That makes it four things I just don't do - Electrics, plumbing, mow the lawn and bust up concrete :)

The cartoon - well, we shall see.....:rolleyes:

I've been running the NewShed mantra in my head for about 2 years now. I'm pleased to say it's finally worked, well, it only worked when I yelled it so loud HWMNBO couldn't help but pay attention :p :D

Ashore - so glad to hear the can opener is a great help! :2tsup:

The shed has two windows in it, a personal door and a big 2.7 m roller door. I'm considering taking out the roller door and putting in a wall of windows to get the north sunlight in and a bigger than standard door.

Planning is definitely needed to work it all out - but that's the fun part :D

cheers
Wendy

TTIT
22nd February 2007, 05:21 PM
Good to see it's all finally happening for ya! :2tsup: Remember to lay down the law now - absolutely no room for car-parts of any kind - no exceptions! ..........and just how much camphor can we store in it????:U

bumnut
23rd February 2007, 12:17 AM
I'm so glad I don't have to follow through with Ozito!! :D I'm wondering if I'll be able to get away with sitting back with a long tall drink and watching the guys get rid of the slab this coming weekend :U
Why get the guys to get rid of the slab? Just put hungry boards on your formwork and pour over the top!

Bruce C

Of course there will be a few cold ones in the fridge for them, but they don't come out till half time at least :D

cheers
Wendy

RufflyRustic
24th February 2007, 06:12 PM
The slab has gone, the junk gone though I did have to stop myself pulling some of the junk back to keep it :rolleyes:

Pic 1 - Break Darn it, Break!!:~
Pic 2 - Broken!!! :U Yeah - HWMNBO threw a lumpy piece of firewood under it
Pic 3 - All Done, time for a few drinks:)

Cheers
Wendy

DavidG
24th February 2007, 08:06 PM
See you ended up using the big cousin of my tonka toy. :2tsup:

Diesel power beats person power every time.:U

DJ’s Timber
24th February 2007, 09:10 PM
Woo Hoo slabs gone and new slab and shed incoming :2tsup:, keep up the progress reports Wendy

Groggy
24th February 2007, 09:16 PM
If some councils give a rebate for installing water tanks, surely you should get a rebate for putting in the shed, it's only there to catch rainwater to fill the tank anyway :rolleyes:

(reckon they'll buy that?)

Honorary Bloke
24th February 2007, 11:46 PM
Yes, Wendy, don't leave us panting and wondering. :) Keep posting the piccies as you go.

And congrats on finally getting your own shed. :2tsup:

RufflyRustic
25th February 2007, 12:26 AM
She must be a happening thing... I got the letter in the mail confirming that the home owner's builder insurance has gone through successfully, but then, it is insurance so may be they take the money and check later???

Either way, I've got it soooo organised that I doubt there will be anything to block it, knock on wood, tap on wood, bang on wood.... :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, trust HWMNBO to come up with the best, easiest and cheapest way to get the slab and junk gone - He's just brilliant!! But Pleeeeease don't tell him I told you so :-

Rebate for the shed?? :? Sigh, I wish :( But, it will be a good place to hang a raintank from, even if just for the garden.

Cheers
Wendy

rodent
28th February 2007, 10:34 PM
Hows the shed building going wendy ??? you still didn't show us where you put the lathe while the demolishing was going on.

RufflyRustic
1st March 2007, 10:03 AM
Hi Rodent,

Confession - I do not own a lathe, nor am I ready to just yet. I know I will love turning so much that I'd be likely to leave the cabinetry behind and I love that way too much to give it up at present :- .

All the stuff that I had jampacked is now in my workarea under the porch roof - it's the last photo in the first post of this thread. I still can't believe how much I had in that little space :rolleyes:

No progress to report at present:( I'm still waiting for council approval.
It's been 2 weeks, 2 days and about 15 hours since my last fix of woodwork.
I've decided that I can try ( :roflmao: ) to be patient until the end of April for the Shed to completed. If it's not done by the end of April, I will get very, v e r y cranky. :angfire:

cheers
Wendy

rodent
1st March 2007, 10:18 AM
just send hubby to work a few times with nothing in his sandwiches . And a note on the kitchen bench when he gets home .And no you wont give up your cabinetry (well initialy maybe )but think of how you can enhance it turned feet ,finials ,split turned facings and railings.So much to do so little time and money.

Wild Dingo
10th March 2007, 01:08 PM
UPDATE!!! Come on Wendy whats a happenin?? shed up yet? you moved in? hubby decided you dont need that much space after all and has commandeered it to make a brewery?

COME ON!! Suspence is killin me :C

RufflyRustic
11th March 2007, 09:56 AM
Hi Wild Dingo,
Nothing is happening! Not a darn thing!! Still waiting for council approval.:( and you think the suspence is killing you!!!! :rolleyes: :)

Cheers
Wendy

RufflyRustic
13th March 2007, 12:31 PM
Yippeee!!!!! :yippy: The Shed now has Council Approval!!!!! Yippeee!!!

And that's all the info there is at present. More later this week when I get the estimates of when the cement (hehehe) ok, concrete gets poured, when the kit is expected and when the building days might be.:)

cheers
Wendy

echnidna
13th March 2007, 01:23 PM
Great that yer gettin there :)

So yer a happy little vegemite then :D

RufflyRustic
13th March 2007, 02:18 PM
As bright as bright can be :D

DJ’s Timber
13th March 2007, 05:06 PM
Great news Wendy :2tsup:

jmk89
13th March 2007, 05:23 PM
All I need now is the chance to drill into the rock behind my garage and make my own shed!!!!!

I am envious, but delighted for you at the same time....

ozwinner
13th March 2007, 05:48 PM
Yippeee!!!!! :yippy: The Shed now has Council Approval!!!!! Yippeee!!!
cheers
Wendy

I cant believe that you need approval for a shed, any works that cost under $5000 and are not attached to the house dont need approval here.

Al :cool:

echnidna
13th March 2007, 06:17 PM
Thats changed now Al.

ozwinner
13th March 2007, 06:45 PM
Thats changed now Al.

What has?

Al :?

Justin
13th March 2007, 06:50 PM
The shed has two windows in it, a personal door and a big 2.7 m roller door. I'm considering taking out the roller door and putting in a wall of windows to get the north sunlight in and a bigger than standard door.

Hi Wendy,

Congrats on being able to build a new shed. I put a bunch of windows and some translucent roof panels in my shed design, to let the light in. With the benefit of hindsight I wish I had left out a window or two, in favour of wall space, as I get plenty of light from the roof panels. Food for thought.....

Cheers,

Justin.

MajorPanic
13th March 2007, 07:58 PM
Bloody hell!!

Hurry up Wendy!!!

WE WANT A PARTY @ WENDY'S!!!! :wink: :U :U :U :U

RufflyRustic
13th March 2007, 08:48 PM
:D Yeah Yeah I know, you'se are all lining up for a party, so we'll have to make it a darn huge good'un!!! I'm thinking maybe one of the long weekends, most likely the Queen's birthday in June weekend, a spit roast, HWMNBO's rib fillet special... Yum!!!!:D

At least I'll have enough time to get the laundry renovated. I thought I did well before without a proper workbench, geez talk about learning how to do woodwork, any sort of woodwork out of a shoebox, now that's hard :rolleyes: :)

As Totalspan are doing it all, I have to wait (albeit impatiently) for them to organise and get the concreting and shed building done. It should, be done sometime early May. Decided to go the whole hog. It's only costing me $7190, but I'm very happy not to be doing it all myself. We needed council approval because 1. it's more than 1.3 times the size of the original shed, 2. over $5000? and 3. there's over 9 metres of building wall within 1.5 metres of the boundary. The good thing is that there are no pipes in that area and there is well less than 50% of our block used for sheds/garages.

I have a few plans for the shed, but am starting to think I should work in it for a little while to get the feel for it before setting things up more permanently.

cheers
Wendy:)

echnidna
13th March 2007, 08:56 PM
What has?

Al :?

The $5000 limit

dai sensei
13th March 2007, 09:16 PM
...a spit roast, HWMNBO's rib fillet special...

Now you're talking :2tsup: :hungry: :piggy:

NewLou
13th March 2007, 09:21 PM
Is great to see Wendy :)

I can't wait for your first gloat post showing off your new shedspace!

Make sure to plaster your posts with pleanty of piccies covering all the real estate of your new home:oo:............I mean Shed:D:D:D

Watching with interest Lou:2tsup:

Wood Butcher
13th March 2007, 09:31 PM
I cant believe that you need approval for a shed, any works that cost under $5000 and are not attached to the house dont need approval here.

Al :cool:

I don't really want to crash Wendy's thread, but I know that in most councils in QLD the general rule is anything with a permanent roof that covers over 10 square metres must have building approval. so a 3x3m garden shed is fine but a 3x4m garden shed needs approval. The dollars come into whether or not you need an owner builder licence. The amount varies depending on the structure. Sheds/garages used to be $6000

Sorry Wendy, back to the celebrations!:-

Wild Dingo
14th March 2007, 03:47 AM
Yippeee!!!!! The Shed now has Council Approval!!!!! Yippeee!!!

And that's all the info there is at present. More later this week when I get the estimates of when the cement (hehehe) ok, concrete gets poured, when the kit is expected and when the building days might be.

cheers
Wendy

COME ON GIRL!!! strewth... I mean cant you stick a length of Queensland maple up someones a$$ over there to get em to get a flamin move on?? times awastin Wendy you gots wood whisperin to do in that shed... havent you told them that yet? :doh:
Cheers

RufflyRustic
14th March 2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks Rowan! :2tsup:

I've got no choice but to wait:rolleyes: :( . Even HWMNBO isn't looking forward to idea of me getting cranky/impatient.:cool:

However, it gives me a chance to catch up on a few other things, such as a few house renovations, Major's GTG this weekend, visiting Bob Whitworth's Tree Farm, sussing out the Bris WoodShow on Friday, April 20 (hint hint :D ) and if things get really bad, I've got a few small projects I can do in HWMNBO's shed or I can gather some tools together and disappear off to a mate's shed if I'm really desperate. :)

Cheers
Wendy

lubbing5cherubs
16th April 2007, 05:49 PM
Hope it soon before the grumpy kicks in.
Toni

RufflyRustic
25th April 2007, 10:14 AM
Time for another update.

I am now the happy owner of a certain expanse of concrete and a shed kit :D

No date yet on the shed going up, but I'm sure I'll hear something within the next 3 weeks.

No, no coins or hand/footprints or fingername signing on the concrete - I've left it as pristine as possible :)

TTIT
25th April 2007, 10:24 AM
Ooooooh - I can feel the excitement building from here - like a kid arriving at a birthday party eh!:U:2tsup:

Wood Butcher
25th April 2007, 10:24 AM
:2tsup::brava::woot::hpydans:

Great to see the shed finally going ahead!

ptc
25th April 2007, 10:47 AM
Leave room for the washing !!!

MrFixIt
25th April 2007, 10:53 AM
A crowbar is a lot easier than a hammer & chisel.
A BobCAt is even easier :D

The last time I had a slab to remove, I had a terrific Bobcat driver that would pick up an edge of the slab and drop it to break it into small enough pieces to pick up and take out to the truck :D

Honorary Bloke
25th April 2007, 11:05 AM
The new House of Ruffly liveth. This is good. :2tsup:

jmk89
25th April 2007, 11:28 AM
No, no coins or hand/footprints or fingername signing on the concrete - I've left it as pristine as possible :)

My Dad would be despairing - concrete without a penny in it is doomed......

falcon
25th April 2007, 12:26 PM
:D
I have a few plans for the shed, but am starting to think I should work in it for a little while to get the feel for it before setting things up more permanently.

make sure you put in heaps all around, and maybe a 15amp one....just incase u buy some biggggggg machines :D

RufflyRustic
25th April 2007, 07:55 PM
:woot: :ohyaaa: :yippy: :yippee:

Just got The Phonecall!!!!

The Shed is getting built tomorrow!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :U

No more cranky grumpy ..... :no: :U

DJ’s Timber
25th April 2007, 07:58 PM
Great news Wendy

ozwinner
25th April 2007, 08:02 PM
Just got The Phonecall!!!!

The Shed is getting built tomorrow!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :U

No more cranky grumpy ..... :no: :U

Didnt ya pick my voice on the phone, I thought you would of....

Al :)

Wood Butcher
25th April 2007, 08:06 PM
Al, if you did you are playing with fire!!!:D

RufflyRustic
25th April 2007, 08:26 PM
Bugger!!! I knew I should have answered that phone call and not let HWMNBO get it :((

Now - gotta remember tomorrow to get a couple of new $2 coins and then when the shed's up, I'll epoxy them to the lintel. Will that sort it JMK? :? Funny how you mentioned that, I was remembering , earlier today, my Uncle's shed in NZ and the two pennies on the lintel that my own Dad put there when they built it years ago.....:rolleyes:

Just checked the last number received on the phone ............. :cool:

Al - Aw Geez you're a good buddy!! so you are coming up to build me that brick BBQ at last!!! :2tsup: :p Thanks!!!! :D

Wild Dingo
29th April 2007, 03:39 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOO??? Geez Wendy keep us in suspence of flamin what??

IS THE SHED UP!! Have you moved in? Come on girl!!!

David L
29th April 2007, 06:12 PM
Seems Wendy is too busy dancing around the back yard with her camera
to report in.

Gra
29th April 2007, 06:43 PM
Seems Wendy is too busy dancing around the back yard with her camera
to report in.

AHHH that explains the rain:D:D

RufflyRustic
30th April 2007, 09:56 AM
Looks like my previous post got lost in space somewhere - sorry

Yep, you can thank me for the rain, you can also thank the guy who had his lawn mower repaired, the person down the road who was going to hold a garden BBQ....... :D

By close of business Thursday, I had a shed kit partially unpacked. I spent the weekend looking at half the frame through the rain, that was too drepessing :rolleyes: so I closed the curtains and stopped looking for a while. Today, well, we shall see what happens today. Must go write myself a reminder to buy some camera batteries ..... :doh:

Oh and the biggest stuffup - HWMNBO is going to be cutting some old concrete away so I can open and shut the Personal Door.... :cool:

cheers
Wendy

Simomatra
30th April 2007, 09:58 AM
Good news Wendy

BTW your was not the only posts that got lost in transit

Look forward to seeing the finished pic's

Wild Dingo
30th April 2007, 03:40 PM
Good news Wendy

Look forward to seeing the finished pic's

Too right!! :2tsup: :clap:

Wendy really me dear wee thing I thought you would have KNOWN instinctively that doing a jig around the back yard when a shed is about to arrive and be erected in said back yard is INVITING the rain gods to pelt down on you :doh: ... but then to not only do so but to do so in a cheeky little red leatherette number is to beg for the wrath of the wet gods :gaah:

So now to appease said wet gods you must sacrifice something eh? :; :U

So is it up yet?

Huh?

Is it up?

Huh?? HUH??

IS IT??

RufflyRustic
30th April 2007, 08:37 PM
Well, let's see:

Thursday - the kit gets unpacked and prep work done on the gutters.
Friday - half the frame is put up
Monday - the rest of the frame is put up and colourbond walls put up on the gable ends.

Wendy comes home, checks out progress, notices no permaseal. :(( So I guess you can say the permaseal has been sacrificed. :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

I will be checking this first thing tomorrow morning.

Not Happy Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RufflyRustic
30th April 2007, 08:40 PM
sigh, no wonder the search didn't turn up anything

it's VERMASEAL girl!! :doh:

Wood Butcher
30th April 2007, 09:34 PM
If its included in the contract I would be pushing for the contractor to rectify the problem. From what I know of it it can be retrofitted to a wall, but that is not the case here.

Wild Dingo
1st May 2007, 03:22 AM
Well, let's see:

Thursday - the kit gets unpacked and prep work done on the gutters.
Friday - half the frame is put up
Monday - the rest of the frame is put up and colourbond walls put up on the gable ends.

Wendy comes home, checks out progress, notices no permaseal. :(( So I guess you can say the permaseal has been sacrificed. :(( :((

I will be checking this first thing tomorrow morning.

Not Happy Jan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT!! Its up right??

RIGHT??

HUH? It IS up isnt it?

YOUVE GOT A FRIGGIN SHED thats the ducks flamin knuts RIGHT?

Man... reckon youd have been doin a tango combined irish jig tapdancin on the roof after all your troubles gettin a decent shed of your own... sheilas eh? :roll: never satisfied :no: next shes gonna be cryin cause shes got no curtains up yet an the pretty red concrete paint hasnt arrived :doh: ... sorry sweets Im just in one of me moods so Im gonna go take another red pill cause everybudy knows they make me go daster :U

RufflyRustic
1st May 2007, 09:19 AM
Shoulda taken one of Dingo's pills last night :rolleyes:

Builderman said don't panic, TotalSpan do it differently, but the vermaseal will still be going in when it's time to do so.....

I don't need the details, I just want to know it's all being done and done right. Whew! Now I can relax. Today is supposed to be insulate the ceiling day.

Photos!!! :D

cheers
Wendy

Simomatra
1st May 2007, 09:26 AM
Looks great all ready

Waldo
1st May 2007, 10:31 AM
G'day Ruffly,

Mmmmm, shed. :2tsup:

How many time have you walked past a window in your house and longingly stared at your shed?

How many nights have you spent sleeping in your shed under the stars while hubby sleeps alone in bed at night?

Ahhh, it's a beautiful thing. :2tsup:

Honorary Bloke
1st May 2007, 10:49 AM
Looks like a shed to me! :2tsup: Vermaseal, Permaseal, whatever. Just get it up and fire up the sawdust makers. Oh yeah, and tell HWMNOBO to keep hands off! :D :D

ptc
1st May 2007, 11:06 AM
Not long now !!!

BobR
1st May 2007, 11:10 AM
It will make a great storage area. You might even have room left over in one corner for a work bench :D

RufflyRustic
1st May 2007, 01:00 PM
Yep, fantastic for timber storage - shame about the working space :? :D

I actually closed the curtains on the weekend as it was so disheartening to have only half the frame put up. Looks heaps better now though

HWMNBO came in on Saturday and told me that I should hurry up and close the door as the shed was getting wet... grrrrr , funny bugger. :rolleyes:

DJ’s Timber
1st May 2007, 01:17 PM
Woo Hoo, looking great Wendy

TEEJAY
1st May 2007, 01:38 PM
So when is the party? :D

RufflyRustic
1st May 2007, 02:19 PM
June 9 :D not confirmed yet, just waiting to see how it all goes......

Knock on wood:D

Wild Dingo
1st May 2007, 03:03 PM
Wendy not being rude or anything me dear... but just HOW LONG did they say it would take to whack up this shed so you can use it?... without going back through 8 pages to find out from your posts how big is this thing?... looking at it from the skeleton it looks to be somewhere around what 9mtrs x 6mtrs? if so thats the same size as the one I have... which took just one day from unpack to walk in and start putting machines in place... just wondering why its taking so long for them to put it up even the one in Mandurah a 6x6 only took a day from start to finish

Im just confused is all... here its the 1 May and its not done yet?? Id be seriously going ballistic about now... but the 9th June?? whassat for? DO NOT tell me thats how long its going to take this mob to erect a simple shed in your backyard!!! :o or is that to give yourself a month to sort and move in get comfy have the chintz curtains installed the pink carpet etc? :U

Sorry I just dont get this time thing

RufflyRustic
1st May 2007, 03:40 PM
Wendy not being rude or anything me dear...

No, you are not being rude. Rude and then some is what is being mumbled in my head continuously since last Thursday lunchtime........

but just HOW LONG did they say it would take to whack up this shed so you can use it?

They said it would be depend on the person / persons building it.

Let's just say, they weren't wrong about that :((

took just one day from unpack to walk in and start putting machines in place...

:((

Id be seriously going ballistic about now...

Picture a pot on the boil, about to boil over ....... :((

but the 9th June?? whassat for? DO NOT tell me thats how long its going to take this mob to erect a simple shed in your backyard!!! or is that to give yourself a month to sort and move in get comfy have the chintz curtains installed the pink carpet etc?

Sorry I just dont get this time thing

Based on what's been happening, knock on wood :doh: , shed should be totally cooked .... soooonish...... knock on wood knoc..... For goodness sake, don't make me jinx it any further Shane!!!! :(

9 June equals when I should have the laundry finished and all my gear into the shed, hopefully electrics done and maybe insulation/wall panelling happening. Gotta have something other than bare walls and a power cord to celebrate :D

Wood Butcher
1st May 2007, 05:23 PM
Gotta have something other than bare walls and a power cord to celebrate :D
When I built the shed at my last house I was happy just to have a roof and doors!!

As they say - "It won't happen overnight but it will happen!"

Skew ChiDAMN!!
1st May 2007, 06:08 PM
You payin' extra for installation?

If so, I'd be inclined to ring up the seller, have a good whinge about "complaining neighbours" and demand a refund of the installation fee "as you're obviously going to have to erect it yourself anyway..." :D

RufflyRustic
1st May 2007, 09:34 PM
The insulation is being installed in the ceiling.......

The other bit of the rude mumbling in the head is that after talking with the builderman, I found out I could have gotten the whole shed insulated, an awning , concrete for the said awning and a double personal door instead of roller door at the shed front, as I originally wanted and still have been able to get it through council without having to go through the red tape of "that's a liveable dwelling, therefore you now have to meet all of these additional regulations".....

If I ever come across that blasted council worker again, he had better run VERY VERY fast. No good ******* ****** ****** ****** feeding me such utter *************** ******* ******* two years running.

That will also teach me to listen to HWMNeverBO and not follow my gut instincts and go after EXACTLY what I want.:((

___

Geez, I need some serious wood time don't I:rolleyes:

Ah well, it will all turn out ok in the end :B

Wild Dingo
2nd May 2007, 03:45 AM
Based on what's been happening, knock on wood , shed should be totally cooked .... soooonish...... knock on wood knoc..... For goodness sake, don't make me jinx it any further Shane!!!!

NEVER EVEN CONSIDERED IT!!! :o

9 June equals when I should have the laundry finished and all my gear into the shed, hopefully electrics done and maybe insulation/wall panelling happening. Gotta have something other than bare walls and a power cord to celebrate

Ohhhhhhhhhhh riiiiiiiiiiiight like that is it? oooh I see... no its okay I got it now Wendy... its okay... your THAT type of sheila so I see now :;

Gotta have ALL the trimmings BEFORE you can say you have a shed eh?... so mines not a shed? it doesnt have insulation or wall panelling it doesnt have electrics no lights no power switches none of that gumph just nice long extention lead... no window either nor a perspex sheet in the roof...

man in that case Ive never had a shed! I WANT A BLOODY SHED!!! :~

Okay I may be wrong here :B ... but Ive got a concrete floor check... Ive got a steel well okay THIN metal type frame work check... Ive got sheets of tin covering it check... Ive got 2 roller doors well okay sorta roller doors that are already stuffed cause these shed mobs use cheep and nasty cheap in their materials but theyre doors of a fashion... All my tools are in there and fairly secure and I can use them albeit with laying out the extention cord so its a sorta shed?? perhaps?? maybe? kinda? :C

MAN Wendy get it together girl!! ARC UP THE FEMININE TEMPER!! Have a flamin wang dang doodle of a hissy fit!!! but get them mobile on getting it UP and done!! Dont sit there going oooh dear come on chaps get a move on please go bloody KNUTS at them!! Embarrass the hell out of them cajole them with your feminine wiles make them feel theyre letting YOU down no bloke likes to feel that.. Stop offering them coffee an cakes!! give em nothing and get them to bloody work!! shyte June 9th? thats crap girl gerrupem!

Complain to the workers in your most upset ways complain to the boss in anyway you can think of to melt him then complain like buggary to the dopey mongrel that suggested you use the gits! :~ geez I cant believe this!

You know we think the world of you but come on Wendy shove a burning pineapple up their dates!! :~

Sorry but thats just plain wrong Wendy... not taking you to task but rather their unbelievable laziness and slap happy method of putting up a shed! ITS A SHED!! Not a bloody house! damn this makes me wild

RufflyRustic
2nd May 2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks Shane, I needed that.:D

No, I'm not going to throw another hissy fit - takes too much energy:rolleyes:

Builderman might be slow and don't forget he's working by himself, but his work is pristine, in other words, my shed is being built right, first time, and it's a strong, weatherproof one. So, patience is good here. Besides, in all reality, what's another week considering I've waited 5 years for it and I'm sure others have waited longer.:roll:

That type of Sheila???? Geez Shane.... :?

Coffee and cakes?? You gotta be kidding. Sure, I can make a coffee, but make your own damm cake :p

The walls and insulation on the ceiling went up yesterday - fantastically neat job:2tsup: . The main iron on the roof is probably all done by now. Then there's capping, doors, windows, guttering and making sure I get the keys before HWMNBO does :D

cheers
Wendy

Wood Butcher
2nd May 2007, 09:50 AM
and making sure I get the keys before HWMNBO does :D

cheers
Wendy

Thats fine, if he gets the keys to yours then just take the keys for his. :wink::p