PDA

View Full Version : Hollower Laser Holder

OGYT
21st February 2007, 10:21 AM
Just made this little gizmo out of a small block of aluminum today.:p
It works a lot better than that big chunk of wood that I made before.:doh: I fixed my Radio Shack pointer, too. :D

(For those who may be a mite inquisitive, the pipe is 3/8, and slides through the 1/2" Tee. It locks with a setscrew. Had to get another 12" 3/8 nipple to lengthen the reach of my light.)

DJ’s Timber
21st February 2007, 10:28 AM
How about a pic Al?????

OGYT
21st February 2007, 10:29 AM
Okay, it's there now.

DJ’s Timber
21st February 2007, 11:03 AM
Hah that's better.

Looks to be a nice solid setup and easy to reset.

Rum Pig
21st February 2007, 11:41 AM
Well done Al looks good. Like to see photos of your first hollow form from it.

tashammer
21st February 2007, 11:49 AM
Well done Al looks good. Like to see photos of your first hollow form from it.

Sheesh, what a spoilsport. Guffaw! We need to appreciate the tool itself, it doesn't have to do anything, does it? :U

Rum Pig
21st February 2007, 12:00 PM
sorry

OGYT
21st February 2007, 02:03 PM
I've used the tool before quite a few times. But I don't remember which form was the first. :? :? I think it's this one, that's made out of Honey Locust timber I got from my Son.:rolleyes:
No, it wasn't. The first one I made with it was a Black Walnut Hollowform that I've sold already. It was posted on another thread when I first made the hollowing rig. Sorry for the mixup. It's here: http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=41889&highlight=Hollowing+Rig+Prototype

The little aluminum block replaces an awful looking wooden holder that I had made at first. The one made from timber wasn't as easy to adjust and didn't hold the laser as steady as this one does.
I was inspired to do this after seeing the type of work that Hughie and others on this forum have done when making tools. Then yesterday I saw a pic of a laser holder like this one, so I had a go at it. :D
Thanks for the comments, everyone. And I thank all of the people on this forum for the inspiration to do better work. Right on!

TTIT
21st February 2007, 04:55 PM
........The little aluminum block replaces an awful looking wooden holder that I had made at first. !I didn't want to say it Al and now you've saved me from any embarrassment. Looks far more professional now - onya' mate!:2tsup:

BernieP
21st February 2007, 08:27 PM
G'Day Al

Will file this one away with your first plan (am still trying to digest that one) for when I am in an adventuresome frame of mind.

Cheers
Bernie