PDA

View Full Version : wood whispering

jaspr
23rd February 2007, 11:54 AM
Wendy - someone else is using your alter ego:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWoodWhisperer (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWoodWhisperer)

jas

RufflyRustic
23rd February 2007, 01:59 PM
Hi Jaspr

Yeah, Marc is using my alter ego:wink: , but that's ok as I don't 'own' it officially. However, I'd much rather turn that term into a group of Wood Whisperers - I don't feel so wierd or alone then :- :rolleyes: :D

Marc got his title from his brother, I got my from some mouthy camphor laurel - it's all good :)

cheers
Wendy

Shedgirl
25th February 2007, 12:00 AM
I have some bored Jarrah heckling me from the carport..."hurry up! Make the poor little kid a bed out of us, so he doesn't have to sleep on the floor any more....". Sometimes it's so bolshy it wakes me up at night. Oh, no, hang on, that's the kid that's trying to sleep on the floor....
"bout time I got to work.

RufflyRustic
25th February 2007, 12:15 AM
:D That's it exactly Shed Girl !!!!! :D

Wild Dingo
25th February 2007, 01:24 AM
You know I was thinkin about this wood whisperin caper youve been on about Wendy... I know surprised me to! :o me thinkin that is :U :U

Anyways... I was thinking... you cant have much wood around you... see I have a fair whack of wood inside the shed... you know the usual Jarrah Tuart Sheoak Oregon and such along with the veneers and a flamin great scrap box chocker block full of all sorts of wood the above along with huon sassafrass sandlewood among others... anyway I was thinkin that Ive never heard em whispering to me:no:

no even when I go sit on the logs of banksia mulberry Wandoo karri plum no whisperin have I heard from them :no:

even when Ive gone and squatted on the stacks of jarrah meranti sepiature kapur among other planks ponderin what next to use or make... not a single whisper have I heard :no: :C

sad really eh? :roll:

So Im wondering... just how do you get them to stop screaming and shouting?

ptc
25th February 2007, 11:22 AM
Dingo.
You need hearing Aids !

BobL
25th February 2007, 05:35 PM
WD - you are using the wrong organs.

WWpering involves, eyes, touch, smell and then hearing (listen to that sweet smell of blade cutting through the wood) in that order. You can lick the wood if you like but I don't go for that sort of thing myself.

Cheers

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th February 2007, 05:43 PM
So Im wondering... just how do you get them to stop screaming and shouting?

Move your... errrmm... "finished" projects out of their sight?

Keeping the chopping block in front of the chook pen isn't the best incentive for stress-free eggs. :D

lubbing5cherubs
2nd March 2007, 07:03 PM
Gidday Ruffly I found a shirt for you
http://www.cafepress.com/wr_store.42070505
Toni

RufflyRustic
3rd March 2007, 08:09 AM
:2tsup: Oooo, I want one!!! That's just perfect!!! :)

Nice Spot Toni - I'll get and wear one if you will too :D

cheers
Wendy

lubbing5cherubs
3rd March 2007, 10:44 AM
Done deal. Could be new dress code for in here..LOL.. I plan on getting an order there next month..LOL> I want that number plate that says rather be woodturning.:D
Toni

Grunt
3rd March 2007, 12:14 PM
I don't hear my wood. It's all locked up in a shipping container along with all my tool 12 kilometres away.

Oh and I'm deaf.