PDA

View Full Version : Woodman Lathe?

corbs
24th February 2007, 01:33 PM
Afternoon all,

(this is also posted in handtools & machinery, re-posted here on advice from another forum member)

I have an opportunity to purchase a second hand woodman woodlathe. I have googled a lot of variations and cannot find any hits for their products. It is a WL-37 (letters could be wrong but the numbers are 37). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Corbs

Gil Jones
24th February 2007, 03:05 PM
Hello Corbs,
I do not have any information on that lathe, but you might consider browsing through this site >> http://www.owwm.com

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th February 2007, 05:54 PM
Quite a few tools were rebadged and sold under the Woodman, Leda and Duracraft names. Generally, they were good quality tools (mills, lathes, drill-presses, etc.) and many still see regular use today.

WL-37 doesn't really mean much... probably just 'Wood Lathe - 37" bed.' The MC-1100 (which 'most everyone here knows) is also called the WL-20 under some badges for similar reasons. I think there's currently a Ryobi WL-37 with 37" bed and 12" swing over, but it only takes #1 MT's. Can't think of any other WL-37's though. :shrug:

Gils suggestion of OWWM is a good 'un, but they'll probably need more info for a positive ID.

corbs
24th February 2007, 08:07 PM
Skew & Gil,
Thanks for the tips so far, I had a look at the OWWM link but the only Woodman on there is a member :-. The 37 does refer to the length of the bed as I have been told it has a 37" bed. I was hoping to get an idea of motor power to compare to others on the market if I couldnt find that particular model. Still waiting for some pics of the lathe so iI might be able to offer more info once I get them.

Cheers,
Corbs

rodent
24th February 2007, 10:46 PM
if it's the Ryobi skew and ill be able to tell you by the picks ive got one .