PDA

View Full Version : LS Positioner & Miter1000 on SCM C35 Combi

Stringy
24th February 2007, 09:31 PM
Thaught I would share some photos of the Incra 25" LS Positioner and Miter 1000 SE setup on my SCM C35 Combination. These have been set up on the saw for a couple of years and work brilliantly.

dazzler
24th February 2007, 10:27 PM
Hi stringy

When I look at the setup I get a little confused as to how much you can cut width wise on one of those machines.

How much can you cut to the right of the sawblade and do you have to remove stuff to do it.

Could you rip a sheet of 1200 ply in half?

Looks great, just confused. :2tsup:

Stringy
24th February 2007, 11:04 PM
dazzler,

I have been cutting full sheets of melamine, bit of a hassle though.

The jointer table is about 3mm lower than the saw table, I have an alluminium plate/guard that I fix over the jointer blades:wink: safety, safety.

If I need to cut over about 800mm wide I then have to remove jointer fence clamp (2bolts), top section of Incra mount (4bolts) and overhead saw guard (2bolts) and replace with original splitter mounted guard, all of these are easy to remove and take about 10min to take off. Jog planning is critical with a combi!!!!!!!! or if I have only one cut and waste, I just run the 9.25" circular saw through leaving about 5mm green then re-cut.

The sliding table is not big enough for a full sheet either so rollers on stands are used with the sliding table.

The mortiser which I use heaps is another area where I have to remove the full Incra mount this has overhead saw guard attached so is removed as one, again plan the job.

Baught this machine of a retiring cabinet maker (Bruno) in Sydney's south west, he also had a SCM sliding table that I could not afford or had any room for, would love to have baught it now as the C35's blade does not tilt (have made wedged jigs when required) and 10" blade, panel was 12" and I think 3.2m stroke:( :( .

dazzler
25th February 2007, 07:21 PM
Thanks mate.