PDA

View Full Version : Incra tablesaw fence

Nature
25th February 2007, 06:05 AM
hi I was thinking of buying the incra saw fence for my jet supersaw
the only downside I can see is the amount of room you need to the right of the saw when the fence is at its max capacity

as i have a small workshop this could be restricting can anyone tell me how much it projects to the right of the saw at max ripping width

many thanks

Nature

TexasWoodRat
25th February 2007, 07:24 AM
And while you are answering his question, would you tell me if it get tiring having to move a meter to the right everytime you want to adjust the fence? It seems a big drawback to me. I also like to occasionally adjust the fence based on my work width and if I can't look at it while I'm doing that, it seems difficult.

simso
25th February 2007, 01:57 PM
Dudes you got no idea how easy these units make your life, If you cut a measurement at say 200 and then rule it up and find it like 200.3 you can readjust the fence in under 10 seconds to recut it at 200, its that simple. You want to reset it to say 100, then crack the lever down, slide the unit on the scale lift the lever back up and start cutting again. The amount of room you need on the right varies on which unit your running and how far you set the jig from your blade. What type are you looking at

Wild Dingo
25th February 2007, 07:08 PM
Ive just taken mine off the table saw... nuff said :roll:

Big Shed
25th February 2007, 08:40 PM
Good grief WD, are you feeling a bit under the weather:rolleyes:?

That would have to be the shortest post by you ever:p

Wild Dingo
25th February 2007, 11:50 PM
mate its a right buggar typin one handed I can tell yer!! :~

Gwhat
26th February 2007, 11:53 AM
hi I was thinking of buying the incra saw fence for my jet supersaw
the only downside I can see is the amount of room you need to the right of the saw when the fence is at its max capacity

as i have a small workshop this could be restricting can anyone tell me how much it projects to the right of the saw at max ripping width

many thanks

Nature

You're right the fact that the positioner does require a bit of space on the RHS is sometimes an issue, but as the positioner is only about 150mm wide and 60 thick, the options of positioning it so that it doesn't interfere are many and varied. One guy even has a hole in the shed wall for it to slide through and a bit of ducting to cover it all.

Moving around isn't an issue thats raised by users.

I hope that this helps?

Regards

The Woodworker

underused
27th February 2007, 12:02 PM
Good if you want repeatable cut.
Personally, Ive never felt the need to have one on the table saw.
Most tablesaw fences can be tuned to the blade or miter slot with a dial gauge up to 1000th of an inch (which you would have to do with the incra fence anyway). Once that tuning has been done, you just have to hit the mark on the fences measure. Im used to finding the mark on my fence, and can get a pretty accurate cut.
Incra has accuracy to 1000th of an inch in ajustment, IMO Ive never needed this on a table saw, but I can see how it attracts people:wink:
I have an incra fence on my router table. It works well.

graemecarson
6th March 2007, 11:20 AM
I have Incra TS-LS on my Jet Supersaw. Wouldn't be without it, even though I had to sacrifice my sliding Table for the setup I wanted. I'd rather be without my sliding table than my TS-LS.

cheers.

Nature
10th March 2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Graeme

Can you tell me where you bought yours from as I am also in the UK

cheers

Nature

underused
10th March 2007, 08:13 PM
Hi Nature,
There is also an Ipswich in Queensland Australia:D not sure which he's from though:)
In the Uk, you can get the incra gear from
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.co.uk

He doesnt put the prices up (maybe because its about double what the yanks pay:rolleyes:)
Rutlands and Axminster also stock some incra bits.

Nature
11th March 2007, 05:50 PM
Cheers underused

I'll have a look at the prices

Nature

Wild Dingo
9th April 2007, 01:46 AM
Ive just taken mine off the table saw... nuff said

Yep he did that... but I put the buggar back on when he wasnt lookin!! damned other one that came with the saw wouldnt stay flamin put at the outfeed end!! No matter what I did the bloody thing moved inward... which from past experience I know has the result of hurting me :C so I thought buggar that dopey buggar and put the Incra back on!! :2tsup:

As to the extra length on the right... not really an issue more an issue is the ability to fit jigs and what size friggin slots the damned thing has!! I have NO nuts small enough to fit the flamin slots!... but I did find a nut thingy from an old hospital bed that worked a treat the screw part works well as a doerupperer so its now holding the wheel doohicky thingy that Niki showed us as a hold down cause of course ive again removed the sodding blade cover and finger thingys

But its all good again!... nothin like a nice straight easy to use acurate fence :2tsup: :2tsup:

ooh and Ive removed the sliding table... just not enough room for that thing between the thicknesser and t/s to allow me wee tubby self to pass between so something had to go :;

mmm I think I need another shed about now :- .. Ive outgrown this one well and truely :doh: