PDA

View Full Version : Sorry

Rum Pig
1st March 2007, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry but the purple face monster has attacked my messages so do not take any notice of the purple face sticking its tounge out I did not put it there???

Has anyone had the same problem before???

Cheers Justin:drink2:

Cliff Rogers
1st March 2007, 07:14 PM
I happens if you cut & paste from an MS Office product.
If you pre-compose your post in word, cut & paste it into notebook & then cut & paste it into the message box on the forum.

If you are lifting it out of an HTML E-mail, it can happen too.
Same trick, cut & paste it into notebook & then cut & paste it into the message box on the forum, it gets rid of all the hidden MS crap. :2tsup:

JDarvall
1st March 2007, 07:19 PM
Yeh, you BETTER be sorry. ashamed too..... Thats just bad.....real bad.

Rum Pig
1st March 2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks Cliff I had no idea but that dose make sense :thanx:

Cheers Justin:drink2:

pawnhead
1st March 2007, 07:54 PM
I often formulate my posts in MSword. You just have to click the "Switch Editor Mode" button ---> http://mt1.woodworkforums.com/images/editor/switchmode.gif in the top right corner of the post box, before you paste your text into the box. :wink:

You can press "Preview Post" before you submit it to see what it will look like.

I often use this symbol --->" : - " , to denote "See Following", but on these forums I have to leave a space between or else it becomes a smilie --->" :- "

lubbing5cherubs
1st March 2007, 08:29 PM
Guys if you are using MS Word to correct spelling if you use firefox it has a spelling editor in it.
Toni

Cliff Rogers
1st March 2007, 11:57 PM
...firefox it has a spelling editor in it.
Toni
You can install a plug in for IE too.

WillyInBris
2nd March 2007, 02:01 AM
Plug-in for Internet Explorer that I use is http://www.iespell.com/ the all you do is hit the little ABC with tick icon on your reply thread and it will check ya spelling.:2tsup:

You can also add an Australian dictionary to it as well but I haven't bothered as yet.

Willy

masoth
2nd March 2007, 08:45 AM
For my education, please: Why prepare posts in another format when the opportunity exists here? Is it (my guess) because someone is "playing" in work time, on a work computer?:no:

soth

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 09:18 AM
... Why prepare posts in another format when the opportunity exists here? ...

Have you ever had a big long post with lots of detail (read typed waffle:p ) disappear into the bit bucket?
It is very annoying. :((

Felder
2nd March 2007, 10:39 AM
I'm sorry but the purple face monster has attacked my messages so do not take any notice of the purple face sticking its tounge out I did not put it there???

Don’t worry about it, Rummy.
<o:p> </o:p>
Happens to the best of us.

joe greiner
2nd March 2007, 01:42 PM
Eye subtibes compoz messeges offline coz i haf to colleck my wits at leezure. I uze Notpad so I dant get two menny MS "feeturez." En hoo nedds spel chekkin enee weigh? I spel gud.:D

Joe