PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2007 Footy Tipping Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 09:34 AM
Roll up boys and girls for the UBeaut Woodworking Forums 2007 Footy Tipping Competition.

Massive prize for the winner. $100 of excellent UBeaut Products. Winner takes all.

Instructions:
1. Go to the Victorian Teachers Credit Union Site. (www.victeach.com.au (http://www.victeach.com.au/))
2. Click on the join Footy Tipping Button.
3. Register. Set your First Name as your Woodwork Forums User Name so we know who you are.
4. Select Join Competition and then search for Woodwork.
5. You'll need a password to join which is ubeaut

Each week you will get an email reminder to put in your tips and then after the round you'll get an email with the results. You can check the ladder and view a whole swag of stats. I'll post the ladder after each round.

Have fun and happy tipping!:D

Honorary Bloke
2nd March 2007, 09:43 AM
Massive prize for the winner. $100 of excellent UBeaut Products. Winner takes all.

Excellent Grunt! :2tsup: You blokes might be surprised what a Seppo can do. :D (Then again, probably not. :- )

martrix
2nd March 2007, 09:45 AM
Im in!:D

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 09:58 AM
Im not a Victorian or a Teacher, I don't give credit & I'm not in a union.
How do you tip a footy? :p

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 10:03 AM
I sent a 'TipperMail' to Grunt. I'm in.

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 10:04 AM
Im not a Victorian or a Teacher, I don't give credit & I'm not in a union.
Who do you tip a footy? :pFirst 2 - lucky you. 3rd - good choice. 4th - Shame. :wink:

Pat
2nd March 2007, 11:01 AM
Any prises for last? :)

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 11:05 AM
Yes, a week naked with . Tip well my son.

Andy Mac
2nd March 2007, 11:09 AM
Is it football or aussie rules?!:p :D

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 11:14 AM
You mean there are other types of Football? Here I thought that there was only one type.

Pat
2nd March 2007, 11:14 AM
No thanks!!!!!!:)) :yikes: :tequila:

Footscray better have a good year then!

No offence intended to either!

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/article/301718di.jpg

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 11:15 AM
Go dogs!

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 11:15 AM
Is it football or aussie rules?!:p :DThe other 2 are called SOCCER and Rugby. There is only one true footy...Aussie Rules.. :doh: :D

martrix
2nd March 2007, 11:20 AM
http://www.fnwb.com.au/img/header.jpg

Go Doggies!......stick it right up em.....E.J.

SPIRIT
2nd March 2007, 11:38 AM
yep im in reged and ready to goooooooooooo

go tigers :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 12:02 PM
For those Doggies supporters, I hope you have/will become members. Need to exceed 32,000 members this year.

Felder
2nd March 2007, 12:13 PM
The other 2 are called SOCCER and Rugby.

Rugby League or Rugby Union? :?

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 12:28 PM
I find it interesting that they split the game into two when it barely deserves to be one.

Felder
2nd March 2007, 12:31 PM
I find it interesting that they split the game into two when it barely deserves to be one.

And yet they both have international tournaments. :shrug:

http://www.ubeaut.biz/fishing.gif

Andy Mac
2nd March 2007, 12:52 PM
And yet they both have international tournaments. :shrug:

Exactly!

http://www.ubeaut.biz/fishing.gif

fred.n
2nd March 2007, 01:13 PM
Thanks Grunt, is this the first year this has been done??
Whos the reigning champ, we are trying to knock off??
mind you I wont trouble the front runners at all:(
I MIGHT have a chance at some of our Yank friends though:D
(waddya say Bob??:p :p )

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 01:32 PM
This is the first year it's been done.

I was in a comp last year and won by 6. :D Unfortunately, due to a stuff up by the organiser there wasn't any prize money. :(

SPIRIT
2nd March 2007, 01:34 PM
and we wont some good footy banter on this thread
go tigers

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 01:35 PM
Except from Tiger supporters

SPIRIT
2nd March 2007, 01:36 PM
mate there no way to stop us now just commimg out of the dark years
top 8

martrix
2nd March 2007, 01:40 PM
top 8

maybe. But it took a Bulldog coach to get you there.:q

I cant believe no one has owned up as a Pies supporter yet so we can stick pins in him.:U

Howdya do that
2nd March 2007, 01:41 PM
Does a foots-CRAY have claws:?

Felder
2nd March 2007, 02:21 PM
Does a foots-CRAY have claws:?
:smack:

GET OUT!

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 02:25 PM
Anyway they have feet.

SPIRIT
2nd March 2007, 02:30 PM
maybe. But it took a Bulldog coach to get you there.:q

I cant believe no one has owned up as a Pies supporter yet so we can stick pins in him.:Umate wont disagree there best thing thats happened at tiger land

fxst
2nd March 2007, 02:36 PM
Oh well I'm in for a laugh anyway
Pete

SPIRIT
2nd March 2007, 02:42 PM
Oh well I'm in for a laugh anyway
Peteforgot.... what team do you follow pete

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 02:51 PM
Just wasted 5 minutes going to this site only to be asked what my favourite AFL team was...I thought you said footy:doh:

HH.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 03:54 PM
Australian Football League.

BTW, what does NRL stand for? Not Really Lucid?

Felder
2nd March 2007, 04:00 PM
BTW, what does NRL stand for?

National Rfootball League.

Ever notice how the "R" is so close to the "F" on your keyboard? Someone made a typo when they registered the league. Probably an ex-AFL player.

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 04:00 PM
Rugby League or Rugby Union? :?Colletively they are known as thugby bum sniffers. :D

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 04:01 PM

BTW, what does NRL stand for? Not Really Lucid?Nitwit Rugby Louts :doh:

martrix
2nd March 2007, 04:02 PM
and chaired by John Hopoate:C :no:

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.fnwb.com.au/img/header.jpg

Go Doggies!......stick it right up em.....E.J.Um..I thought it was the Western Bulldogs :?

martrix
2nd March 2007, 04:07 PM
Um..I thought it was the Western Bulldogs :?
According to the AFL.

According to the Red-White and blue bloods.......its still Footscray.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:07 PM
There is a section of the Bulldog community that haven't let go yet.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:08 PM
So what do we have the National Rootball League?

Felder
2nd March 2007, 04:17 PM
There is a section of the Bulldog community that haven't let go yet.
Same reason the Swannies had to put SMFC on their backs when they made the Grand Final.....:rolleyes: (although that had nothing to do with the Bulldog community, but you get my drift....don't you?)

Felder
2nd March 2007, 04:21 PM
So what do we have the National Rootball League?

Yes. :)

Jealous? :p

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:25 PM
If you blokes want to rootballs, go ahead.

The Western Bulldogs have since they became the Western Bulldogs FFC on the back of their jumpers.

Brisbane Lions have BBFFC on the back of theirs.

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:25 PM

BTW, what does NRL stand for? Not Really Lucid?

There's only one football and for some reason Australia has blindly followed the Americans and called it soccer.:q

HH.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:27 PM
The Brits made up the name Soccer. Australian Rules Football existed before Soccer.

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 04:28 PM
I still don't know why footballs have tips? :?

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:29 PM
So you can hold them.

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:30 PM
The Brits made up the name Soccer. Australian Rules Football existed before Soccer.

HH.

Felder
2nd March 2007, 04:33 PM
I still don't know why footballs have tips? :?
So you can stand in line at your local pool.

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:34 PM
That's as maybe Grunt but only formally by 4 years. The problem is you only occaisionally kick the ball mostly you use your hands, this is true in Aussie Rules also....:U :o

HH.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:38 PM
No, we kick the ball more than we hand pass the ball. Sure we use our hands but soccer players use their chests, heads and knees. The goalie also uses their hands.

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 04:38 PM
So you can hold them.
Why don't cricket balls have tips?

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:40 PM
No, we kick the ball more than we hand pass the ball. Sure we use our hands but soccer players use their chests, heads and knees. The goalie also uses their hands.

Is it against the rules for the ball to touch a players chest head or knee in AFL?

What about the bouncing it on the floor bit?

HH.

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 04:41 PM
So you can stand in line at your local pool.
Don't start that again, that is how we got in strife on the Friday thread. :D

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:43 PM

I bet you touch the ball more with your hands than your feet because every time you kick it you touch it with your hands as well as hand balling and bouncing sounds like more use of the hands than the feet to me....

EDIT: oh yeah I forgot rucking and tipping also...

HH.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:44 PM
I don't know what that has to with it. Aussie rules has as much if not more right to call it self football than soccer does. Rugby and Gridiron that's another story.

It takes quite a bit of skill to bounce a ball that shape while running full pelt on wet slippery grass.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:45 PM
I bet you touch the ball more with your hands than your feet because every time you kick it you touch it with your hands as well as hand balling and bouncing sounds like more use of the hands than the feet to me....

Except when we soccer it.

Felder
2nd March 2007, 04:47 PM
Don't start that again, that is how we got in strife on the Friday thread. :D

By "we", I assume you meant "I", meaning "you". :?

It takes quite a bit of skill to bounce a ball that shape while running full pelt on wet slippery grass.
Well why don't they just slow down a bit? Why are they always in such a rush? If they slowed down, then they wouldn't be so puffed all the time, either. :?

:D

HappyHammer
2nd March 2007, 04:47 PM
What did you call that before soccer existed?

HH.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:50 PM
Kicking the ball off the ground.

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 04:51 PM
By "we", I assume you meant "I", meaning "you". :?...:D
YOU asked about the third quadrant, not me. :oo: :p

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:52 PM
Cliff, you want to continue that in the Friday thread. Still 5 hours left.

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 04:54 PM
Well why don't they just slow down a bit? Why are they always in such a rush? If they slowed down, then they wouldn't be so puffed all the time, either. :?

I've always wondered that too. The Olympics moto should have been slower, lower, weaker.

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 04:54 PM
Cliff, you want to continue that in the Friday thread. Still 5 hours left.
Yeap, I'm working on it. :2tsup:

Gumby
2nd March 2007, 05:20 PM
? Someone left the door of the friday thread open and one of them has escaped. Get back in there you. :cool:

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 06:13 PM
? Someone left the door of the friday thread open and one of them has escaped. Get back in there you. :cool:
I can't Al closed it early & now I stuck out here on the street with a bunch of football hooligans. :(

Grunt
2nd March 2007, 06:16 PM
Al should be shot. Letting these Friday thread hooligans out without their mums. :(

Cliff Rogers
2nd March 2007, 06:20 PM
Beer o'clock, have fun with ya footy tips, let me know who wins. :2tsup:

Shedhand
2nd March 2007, 07:21 PM
A Poem.

Poor ol' Cliff the dodgy bodgy
lives in Cairns where the toadies play
When it comes to footy he's not real bright
But it doesn't matter, not today
Cos the real footy's on tonight

(C) Sheddy 2007

:D

Cliff Rogers
3rd March 2007, 11:02 AM
Thank you Sheddy.... :ohyou: You shouldn't have..... :p

Isn't posting poetry :lolabove: in a Footy thread some sort of a code violation? :whip:

Grunt
3rd March 2007, 12:11 PM
Quite so, Cliffy.

Unless it is Vogon Poetry.

<dl><dd>Oh freddled gruntbuggly,</dd><dd>Thy micturations are to me</dd><dd>As plurdled gabbleblotchits</dd><dd>On a lurgid bee.</dd><dd>Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes</dd><dd>And hooptiously drangle me</dd><dd>With crinkly bindlewurdles,</dd><dd>Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,</dd><dd>See if I don't!</dd></dl>This is actually where I got my user name.

Grunt
3rd March 2007, 12:12 PM
So far we've only got 8 tippers. Pretty good odds so far.

Chris

Shedhand
3rd March 2007, 12:28 PM
Quite so, Cliffy.

Unless it is Vogon Poetry.

<dl><dd>Oh freddled gruntbuggly,</dd><dd>Thy micturations are to me</dd><dd>As plurdled gabbleblotchits</dd><dd>On a lurgid bee.</dd><dd>Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes</dd><dd>And hooptiously drangle me</dd><dd>With crinkly bindlewurdles,</dd><dd>Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,</dd><dd>See if I don't!</dd></dl>This is actually where I got my user name.:clap3::clap:

Shedhand
3rd March 2007, 12:29 PM
shhhh 8's plenty.... :D

fred.n
3rd March 2007, 01:21 PM
Yes 8's great:2tsup:

I'll finish in the top 10:o :p

SPIRIT
3rd March 2007, 08:46 PM
like to see a few more come on guys:U

Shedhand
3rd March 2007, 09:05 PM
Jeez, fancy gettin done by those Carlton no-hopers. :((:((:((:((:((:((

fred.n
3rd March 2007, 10:10 PM
Jeez, fancy gettin done by those Carlton no-hopers. :((:((:((:((:((:((

Pre season, thats all Sheddie. It dosen't count:wink:
Wait till the real stuff starts, even we (Bombers) will do better:)

Wongo
3rd March 2007, 10:48 PM
I am in, I am in, I am in. :D What do I need to do next?

Go the Kings.

fred.n
3rd March 2007, 10:59 PM

Trust me:rolleyes:

Grunt
4th March 2007, 10:40 AM

Sign up. Check out the first page of this thread. Don't worry if you don't know any thing about football, I think it actually helps in footy tipping not knowing.

SPIRIT
4th March 2007, 08:46 PM
hay shedy that 2nd qt was bad how many handballs do they wont
no mid feild so they had to run it out it looked more like rugby :((

Shedhand
4th March 2007, 09:31 PM
hay shedy that 2nd qt was bad how many handballs do they wont
no mid feild so they had to run it out it looked more like rugby :((Yeah the idiots. If they don't start kickin the pig forward when they get a clean possession they gonna be dead meat this year too.

Hawks Kicks 143 hand balls 166
Blues Kicks 172 handballs 132

I rest my case. :((:((

Wongo
4th March 2007, 09:44 PM
Don't worry if you don't know any thing about football, I think it actually helps in footy tipping not knowing.

I am offended. I actually know a lot about football. After all Australian football was originated in China. You didn't know that did you?

We stopped playing thousands of years ago when people started getting points even if they missed.

:rofl:

Here is my strategy. Back the Swans every week and whoever plays Carlton. :cool: :D

Grunt
4th March 2007, 10:43 PM
Well sign up then. There's a $100 worth of UBeaut products up for grabs.

SPIRIT
5th March 2007, 12:38 AM
re handballing where is the game going :? :(( :~

Wongo
5th March 2007, 09:11 AM
Well sign up then. There's a $100 worth of UBeaut products up for grabs.

Who said I didn't.:cool:

fred.n
5th March 2007, 02:24 PM
Who said I didn't.:cool:

So now there's nine.........I might be able to scrape into the top ten :D

Shedhand
5th March 2007, 04:50 PM
Can I put my 2 grandsons in...both mad keen Hawks members. :)

Grunt
5th March 2007, 07:38 PM
Wongo, who are you?

<table class="ftdatatable"><tbody><tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"><td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">1</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Grunt Bulldogs</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">2</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">martrix akermanis</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">3</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Shedhand Gard</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">4</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Pat Keefe</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">5</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">steve hart</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">6</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">dogbreath mcgee</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">7</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Pete Petry</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">8</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Gumby Buckley</td> </tr> <tr class="ftdatatable0row" valign="top"> <td class="ftdatatable0cell" align="center">9</td> <td class="ftdatatable0cell">Thommo Thompson</td> </tr></tbody></table>

Grunt
5th March 2007, 07:39 PM
Shedhand, I suppose I don't have a problem with it if no one else does. How much Traditional or Sheethot Wax will they use if they win?

Wongo
5th March 2007, 10:39 PM
Wongo, who are you?

Oops! Try again Grunt.:-

Grunt
5th March 2007, 11:17 PM
Excellent. We're at 11. Fred.n you're chances of being in the top 10 are now slim. :D

Honorary Bloke
5th March 2007, 11:42 PM
Alright you lot, I'm in! :D May finish in the top 12 if no one else signs on. :rolleyes:

Grunt
5th March 2007, 11:46 PM
Onya Bob, this'll make an Aussie out of ya.

Chris

Shedhand
5th March 2007, 11:47 PM
Shedhand, I suppose I don't have a problem with it if no one else does. How much Traditional or Sheethot Wax will they use if they win?None. It'll be my xmas present from them... :D

Just trying to boost the numbers is all. :wink:

martrix
5th March 2007, 11:49 PM
Good one Bobby!:2tsup:
You will be surprised at how well you'll go. Every tipping comp I've been in, the winner is usually someone thats not really very interested in the game.

I am going to put together a pack of veneers for the booby prize.....Its just as hard to try and lose as it is to win... DAMHIKT. pics tomorrow.

Shedhand
5th March 2007, 11:52 PM
Alright you lot, I'm in! :D May finish in the top 12 if no one else signs on. :rolleyes:G'day Bloke. I'm pretty sure that Fox Sport on Cable in some US states broadcasts Aussie Rules programming. I hear its got a bit of a following in California. Although with Arnie in charge they probably have Austrian Cow De-horning contests broadcast. :D

Cheers and good tipping. (whispers quietly that the bottom 4 will be, Carlton, Essendon, Richmond and Kangaroos) so don't tip them unless playing each other -- then toss a coin. :2tsup: