PDA

View Full Version : Jarrah Business Card Holder

Ticky
4th March 2007, 08:14 AM
This Business Card Holder is only a very small project, in fact, it only has two parts, but it managed to present it's own set of problems. It would have been a lot easier if the blade on my tablesaw tilted to the left.

It's made from recycled Jarrah. Hope you like it.

Flowboy
4th March 2007, 09:30 AM
Hi Ticky,
It looks really good, I like it:) . How about some really thin cuts of a complementary timber to act as business cards, maybe with the message burnt into the face?:)

Regards,

Rob

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th March 2007, 06:03 PM
Mmmm... nice!

That looks like a nice little gift project! A "title card" like Rob suggests with the name of the recipient, et voila! A pressie anyone with an office would appreciate. :2tsup:

Gumby
4th March 2007, 06:50 PM
Good little project. Nice work. :wink::)

joe greiner
4th March 2007, 10:31 PM
Timber printing stock has been around for at least 35 years. Still available, I hear. Very thin veneer with a backing to provide cross-grain strength. Won't go through a laser or inkjet printer, or a photocopier, so forget about DIY printing except by hand one at a time. Consult a commercial printer, i.e. an old timer who still does, or at least once did, letterpress; not just a nouveau photocopy shop.

Joe

Ticky
5th March 2007, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the ideas. I designed it for a stack of business card to sit on a desk. Bit of a please take one sort of thing. As I am not in business, I don't have my own card, so I just put one in to give an idea of size etc.

I have given a couple away, & I have had a bit of interest from a bloke that wants to buy a couple. They take longer to sand than they do to make.

Any way, it was an interesting little project.

Steve