PDA

View Full Version : Pies banned at Footie

Flowboy
4th March 2007, 03:36 PM
Nutritionists want Pies banned at the Football. Is this the end of Victoria Park as we know it?

ss_11000
4th March 2007, 04:03 PM
isnt that discrimative against ppl who like pies?:? :q .

its bad enough they banned them in schools, not sports as well:no:

felixe
4th March 2007, 04:18 PM
Nope, not at all. A meat pie isn't that bad unless you eat them every day.
The ANZFA regulations are that a pie must have a minimum meat content of 25% and maximum fat content of 33.3% - this includes the pastry, gravy etc.

Sydney University nutritionist and author Dr Jenny O'Dea says: "This is the food police going overboard. "The idea that one meat pie at the footy will make people fat is wrong.'' (source:http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21322270-421,00.html)

If enough people kick up a fuss about fat in pies all that will happen is the big pie companies will produce a "lower fat" product, just like Maccas and the rest they realise people still want to eat, and not crappy wholemeal pizzas like the Poms are being subjected to at their footy matches.:Q

Pies are safe as Collingwood not winning the Grand final!!:D :2tsup: :D

Metal Head
4th March 2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think the AFL will back this given that they are collecting revenue from their own endorsed pies:wink:.

You cannot smoke inside the footy grounds now, you can only have light beer now, now are trying to get rid of the pies - salad's are not very apetizing to you at those night games at the G during the winter, when the temperture goes below zero taking the wind chill factor into account.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th March 2007, 08:29 PM
Ohhh... meat pies!?

I thought you meant the collywobbles and I thought "it's about time too!" :p

scooter
4th March 2007, 10:27 PM
I thought you meant the collywobbles and I thought "it's about time too!" :p

:oo: Boo, hiss :no:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th March 2007, 11:01 PM
Payback for blinding us with that shirt today, mate. :wink::D

Honorary Bloke
4th March 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm sorry to discover that some of our Food Nazis must have emigrated to OZ. :((

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? (Not that I have any, but that's not the point. :D ) New York City just banned the use of trans fats in restaurant kitchens. :upset: ::

underused
5th March 2007, 12:42 PM
[quote= New York City just banned the use of trans fats in restaurant kitchens. :upset: ::[/quote]

Thats not a bad thing:?:)