PDA

View Full Version : Moments that make it all worth while

kiwigeo
5th March 2007, 12:48 AM
Had a muso friend around for dinner around tonight and he brought around a CD of some tracks he was laying down for a new album. I asked him about the nice sounding guitar on one of the tracks and he informed me it was an instrument I'd loaned to him about a year ago. I'd forgotten that I'd lent him my first build steel string.

Building guitars is a while lot of fun but hearing your instrument being played and enjoyed by others is just as much if not more fun.....makes it all worthwhile IMO.

rhoads56
5th March 2007, 09:08 AM
oh, for sure!

I always try to get to the first gig of a band that has recently purchased one of my guitars. Its a buzz.

Hearing one on CD (or damn, radio is better :q) is a buzz, but i prefer the reactions of other guitarist as they see/hear it.

I had one guy break down and cry when he came to pick up his latest guitar. Kinda funny seeing some heavily built, tattoo'd, mohawked metal head cry over a guitar :C Im assuming it was tears of joy, he came back for more!

kiwigeo
5th March 2007, 11:13 AM
oh, for sure!

I always try to get to the first gig of a band that has recently purchased one of my guitars. Its a buzz.

Hopefully one just feels a buzz and doesn't also HEAR one!! :D

Malibu
5th March 2007, 04:18 PM
makes it all worthwhile

I'll bet it does! Well done :2tsup: