PDA

View Full Version : Olesoke Message

BernieP
6th March 2007, 01:14 PM
G'Day Olesoke

Your message didn't come through so nobody can answer it, please resend it!

Cheers
Bernie

lubbing5cherubs
6th March 2007, 01:49 PM
bernie you can if you hold your cursor on his message. It there just not showing up for some reason
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th March 2007, 04:57 PM
??? There's nothing there to hold the cursor over... :?

Cliff Rogers
6th March 2007, 05:49 PM
??? There's nothing there to hold the cursor over... :?
There is before you open it, if you open it, there isn't. :wink:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th March 2007, 06:21 PM
Ahhh... she means the ol' main-menu cursor preview trick? Sorry, Chief.

oldsoke
6th March 2007, 06:43 PM
G'Day Olesoke

Your message didn't come through so nobody can answer it, please resend it!

Cheers
Bernie

Thanks Bernie.. tried three times to post it, kept getting an 'invalid something or other':doh:
... then it appeared and seemed to be working OK.... the rest you know...

I've e-mailed the site admin but if anyone else knows what's going on do tell:U

I'll post the pic in the original:
http://www.oldsoke.co.uk/avatar/IMG_0100.JPG

oldsoke
6th March 2007, 06:45 PM
Don' know if this will get through... posted a reply to Bernie but it's disappeared into cyberspace... jeez!

Miracle!!! it's here ... this was done using the quick reply facility but the other post was sent using the 'quote' button

so tempting to go into whingeing pom mode...

BernieP
6th March 2007, 07:41 PM
G'Day Toni

Thanks thought he was using invisible ink!

Cheers
Bernie

oldsoke
6th March 2007, 07:59 PM
I'm guessing someone's pushed a button somewhere 'cos the original post is now showing... hoo bldy ray!

lubbing5cherubs
6th March 2007, 08:31 PM
Welcome Graham. I like that clock it looks nice
Toni

oldsoke
6th March 2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks Toni... my main thing is miniatures, there's a few pix on me website gallery...

liked your pen stand... I was wondering what else i could do with smome Banksia nuts I've had kicking around for a while...

lubbing5cherubs
6th March 2007, 08:54 PM
thank you
Toni

lubbing5cherubs
6th March 2007, 08:58 PM
wow your website is amazing!..what kind of tools are you using to get that small?
Toni

BernieP
6th March 2007, 09:38 PM
G'Day Graham

Welcome aboard look forward to seeing more of your work ,hell of a watch!

Cheers
Bernie

oldsoke
6th March 2007, 09:52 PM
Toni, thanks, I use various diameters of silver steel or piano wire with the tip ground similar to a skewchigouge/spindlemaster... me parting off tool is an old artist's palette knife ground across at an angle...plus I use a 1mm skew for the mini bobbins :cool:

I recently made one of Bill Jones' small tools, 1/16 round nose, in his book(s) (Notes from the Turning Shop) promises to be a good'un....

Bernie thanks and thanks again for helping me aboard...

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th March 2007, 10:48 PM
OK, OK, you've left us hanging for long enough. :~

The URL to your website is..???

(It needs some closeups of your lace bobbins, BTW. :wink: How can I pinch ideas if I can't see 'em? :innocent:)

Terry B
6th March 2007, 10:58 PM
OK, OK, you've left us hanging for long enough. :~

The URL to your website is..???

(It needs some closeups of your lace bobbins, BTW. :wink: How can I pinch ideas if I can't see 'em? :innocent:)
Skew
Click on his name and select homepage but just in case heretis http://www.oldsoke.co.uk/

lubbing5cherubs
6th March 2007, 11:06 PM
Yep I agree with Skew. Needed a close up of the lace bobbins. I went nearly cross eyed looking at them. Trying to see how to do them
bye
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th March 2007, 11:10 PM
Click on his name and select homepage but just in case heretis http://www.oldsoke.co.uk/

I know mate, but I just thought I'd see about dragging it out of the closet. :wink:

At first glance at the bobbins it looks most of them are midlands style, but I think I can see a honiton or continental or two. Dunno... too hard to tell. Graham? Care to illuminate us?

oldsoke
7th March 2007, 08:25 AM
At first glance at the bobbins it looks most of them are midlands style, but I think I can see a honiton or continental or two. Dunno... too hard to tell. Graham? Care to illuminate us?

Yep, they're all midlands types... quite right, I need more pix of bobbins...

The pic of the lace pillow shows some of Satnex2's bobbins... not all of them mine :no: (dates back to when she had to buy them, now she just half inches the ones she likes... she's quality control so I don't argue:B

'Tom's bobbin' was a quickie I did for Tom when he was visiting the UK... it's a bit rough 'cos I didn't bother to sand and finish it.

Check out this one for lace bobbin making info
http://www.davidspringett.fws1.com/ I use a different hold method to the one described in his book (Making Lace Bobbins) but the basic designs are pretty universal.

ss_11000
7th March 2007, 06:29 PM
whoa....awesome work on your webpage mate:2tsup: