7th March 2007, 07:58 PM
This may be of interest:

http://www.oneway.on.ca/

Jim Carroll
7th March 2007, 08:08 PM
So what caught your eyes :o Ern.

rsser
7th March 2007, 08:15 PM
I had been thinking there had to be quicker ways of swapping chuck jaws and these guys are onto swapping whole chucks as well as faceplate rings.

The bowl coring system is interesting too (though you'd need a platinum credit card to afford it).

hughie
7th March 2007, 08:42 PM
The bowl coring system is interesting too (though you'd need a platinum credit card to afford it

Ern, Yeah I looked at their bowl corer some time ago and though it could be made much simpler and cheaper.

Came up with something that is much simpler and definitely cheaper to manufacture and a bit more versatile. Ha! my old MC1100 ain't got the grunt to do the testing. :~

At the moment it languishes awaiting to see if its patentable. :U

ss_11000
7th March 2007, 09:21 PM
the swinging tailstock looks pretty cool...along with most of the stuff on there:cool:

rsser
7th March 2007, 09:33 PM
Sounds interesting Hughie. I can volunteer to test it on the Stubby ;-}

Stirlo: I can't see the point myself. When I'm not using the tailstock I want it right out of the way.

Jim Carroll
7th March 2007, 09:57 PM
I have seen the bowl saver getting used on the woodworking chanel. Not a lot of difference to the woodcut.

Stirlo the swinging tailstock is handy when you see the weight of one of those. Depending on the lenght of the bed and what you are trying to do it still may get in the way. They are mainly used on short bed lathes.

It would be interesting to see how the versa rings would hold up if you are doing something out of balance and getting vibration and chatter. Still not a bad idea. As with all things One way not cheap but top quality.

Cliff Rogers
7th March 2007, 10:03 PM
I had been thinking there had to be quicker ways of swapping chuck jaws and these guys are onto swapping whole chucks ....
Sounds like me. :rolleyes:
I've lost count of the number of chucks I have now. :-

You could call it lazy but I call it time saving. :p

RETIRED
8th March 2007, 06:11 AM
Sounds like me. :rolleyes:
I've lost count of the number of chucks I have now. :-

You could call it lazy but I call it time saving. :pMe too.:D I sometimes have enough trouble lining up 1 hole to screw the chuck on. I think trying to line up 3 would be a little harder.

rsser
8th March 2007, 07:27 AM
Then there's the mix of brands and all the separate jaws, like Micks and Proddy Dogs not speaking to each other.

Jim, what's the Woodcut corer like in use?

Jim Carroll
8th March 2007, 10:07 AM
Once set up properly easy to use.
If you want to see first hand Tim Skilton is demoing for us this weekend at the Shepparton Wood show 10-11th march or the weekend after at the Ballarat show 17-18th March.