PDA

View Full Version : Delivery to Australia

timberturning
9th March 2007, 03:48 AM
Hi People,

I have had a request to post some turned items to Australia from the UK. But i have heard that your borders are tight on things coming into the country, espescially things with holes like banksia nuts (even though they come from you in the first place).

Anyway, thought you guys would be the best people to ask about this is it true or is it just rumours?

Thanks

Mark.

dazzler
9th March 2007, 04:09 AM
Sounds about right.

Try

customs.gov.au

cheers

rsser
9th March 2007, 08:00 AM
or Australian Quarantine and Inspection Service

lubbing5cherubs
9th March 2007, 12:23 PM
I got caught with quarantine they refuse anything with bark or seeds so probably be a difficulties with the pods even if they came from australia ( I am unsure whether this will make a difference).
Toni

Rum Pig
9th March 2007, 12:43 PM
Sorry to go in a different direction:- but I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now.:?
How do we go sending stuff over sea I'm thinking Ireland & Canada and all of it would be finished goods again sorry for diverting the origanal post:(:-:?

Cheers Justin:drink2:

Brown Dog
9th March 2007, 02:00 PM
Hi People,

I have had a request to post some turned items to Australia from the UK. But i have heard that your borders are tight on things coming into the country, espescially things with holes like banksia nuts (even though they come from you in the first place).

Anyway, thought you guys would be the best people to ask about this is it true or is it just rumours?

Thanks

Mark.
Customs are very carefull about seeds etc crossing the border however....

There is a show on tv here called "Border Patrol", last weeks ep. had a woman returning to Aus who had some jewellery made from seeds pulled up at customs even though she said that she had bought them in Australia. The officer basically said because she couldnt prove that they came from here (ie no reciept) that she had the option of losing them or paying the fee to have them irradiated.

If you can believe everything you see on tv, you shouldnt have a problem as long as your honest with customs and can provide proof of the items origin or are willing to have your items zapped for a fee. You would still have to contact the relavent authority here as others suggested to find out how go about this.

cheers
BS:2tsup:

turnerted
9th March 2007, 04:38 PM
Hi
I recently brought in wooded boxes which I got in Morocco with no problems . I declared them and they just checked them over for insect holes . If the wood is sound you should have no problems .

Ted