PDA

View Full Version : Martrix made me do it

ozwinner
10th March 2007, 08:34 PM
I have drawn up this retaining wall from scratch in about 2 hours, blocks and all.

I saved the block to use later on in something else.

Sketchup is so easy and Im a complete novice at it.

Al :2tsup:

martrix
11th March 2007, 10:03 AM
yep, thats a good-un!:wink: Pretty easy once you get the hang of it, and it allows you to work out most problems/issues before you lift a brick....or chisel.......or open the moth ridden wallet:rolleyes: .

I still don't know what 'profile' is for, but go into View>Edge Style< and un-click Profile.....It gets rid of the fat lines and makes it look neater.

DJ’s Timber
11th March 2007, 10:16 AM
Looks great Al, you should also show the trench mesh and the bends on the starter bars with them wired to the trench mesh even if it's only one or two in a cutaway view

Shedhand
11th March 2007, 08:30 PM
Just downloaded and installed Sketchup V6. Why do they put the human figure on the draw page. Is there a way to get rid of the dork? :cool:

ozwinner
11th March 2007, 08:33 PM
Just downloaded and installed Sketchup V6. Why do they put the human figure on the draw page. Is there a way to get rid of the dork? :cool:

Click, delete to get rid of him.

He is there to give perspective of size so if you want to draw something you can see where to start.

Al :2tsup:

Shedhand
11th March 2007, 09:46 PM
Click, delete to get rid of him.

He is there to give perspective of size so if you want to draw something you can see where to start.

Al :2tsup::doh: doh...ta!

martrix
11th March 2007, 10:05 PM
come on sheddie, show us what yer got!:q