PDA

View Full Version : Midge

Daddles
10th March 2007, 09:58 PM
I was chatting with Midge today at Goolwa. The man appears distressingly normal, despite his penchant for plastic raincoats (he uses a Mac :oo:). Anyway, having observed the disgustingly good quality of his PD racers, and discovered that he's as nice in real life as he is on this forum, then noting that he can't defend himself at the moment because his Macintosh **pause for hysterical laughter** has poo'ed itself, maybe here is an opportunity for those of us who love the old git to really stick the slipper in knowing he can't retaliate until he gets back from holiday :D

Richard

ozwinner
10th March 2007, 10:30 PM
Now what is it that all the Mac Tossers keep on telling us?
Get a.....banana, no thats not it.

Hmm get a.......fillet o fish burger......nah......thats not it either. :?

Thats it, got it!!

Get a PC......:yippy:

Al :rofl::screwy::tongue2:

echnidna
10th March 2007, 10:43 PM
Its good to know that Macs are so reliable
:roflmao: :yippy: :clap: :lolabove: :rofl: :roflmao:

bout time yer got a REAL COMPUTER BM. :D

STEPHEN MILLER
16th March 2007, 08:03 PM
An Apple a Day Keeps his Mac at the docs poor Midge maybe can finish some of the creations he keeps posting on this forum and then Daddles could take a leaf out of midges I can do it book :C

but then Pigs might fly :D

Daddles
17th March 2007, 12:01 AM
Pah heathen. I was sanding part of the transom on Sixpence yesterday ... and the ruddy vaccumm cleaner that drives my dust extractor died! So there. And yes, I am peeved about it. I have to try and fix it or buy a new one now. And this one cost me heaps (Mum got a new one so I got her old one :D).

Last time I saw Midge, a computer tech had managed to save some of his lost hard drive but was still trying. Midgester himself is travelling and we won't see him for a couple of weeks yet.

Fun time at Goolwa. But I'll let Mik brag about the World Record :D (shhh, I didn't mention it)

Richard

Cliff Rogers
17th March 2007, 12:24 AM
Hey, did you know that there is a Lake Eyre Yacht Club?

I heard it on the radio this week.
http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200703/s1866774.htm

The water has made it about 8 or 9 kms into the lake & they are getting ready. :D

http://www.lakeeyreyc.com/

deejaybee
17th March 2007, 02:52 PM
Lets look at it this way
A GMC breaksdown and you go out and buy a new one and no-one bats an eye. It was doomed to fail before you bought it.

A Makita or DeWalt (for example) breaks down and its national news.

If Microsoft made power tools none of you would have them in your sheds. So stop picking on them what now what real quality is.

Stay with the power Midge. Steve Jobs want sus to use computers. Bil Gates wants us to buy his stuff ( see the difference)

Gumby
17th March 2007, 02:55 PM
Midge who ? :?

STEPHEN MILLER
24th March 2007, 05:19 PM
Bill Gates spoke at conference recently and said if the car industry had adopted the technology of the computer industry years ago we would be driving around in cars that cost $25 and did a 1000 kms to the litre

General Motors reply was if they had your alternator warning light oil pressure light temp light etc would be all connected together and when something went wrong your car would say you have completed an illegal operation and this car will now shut down , to restart after this event you have lift the door handle pull the arieal up and turn the volume knod on the radio simaltanously to restart it and to turn the car off you would have to press START
Somebody at GM has a sense of humour:D :D

Metung
25th March 2007, 12:55 PM
I thought General Motor's response would have been more like " That model is no longer supported so you will just have to upgrade".

bitingmidge
1st April 2007, 11:13 AM
OK, OK OK.... so doesn't everybody carry 65gb of data on a 60gb drive?

22 years of Macs and one failure! Of course it happens at 11.00 pm Friday during the backup process, when we are leaving at 6.00 am the next morning!

Didn't lose too much data, probably didn't lose any, but I can't be bothered finding the rest! (last serious backup was one month earlier so not many tears!).

I'm back now though and in a week or so, we'll get the story out!

Thanks for the update Daddles!

Cheers,

P