PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on EPay

TermiMonster
13th March 2007, 10:11 PM
I am I just a grumpy old prick, or do other uses of epay have the same irritations as me.
I have bought stuff and sold stuff on epay. When I sell stuff, if the person pays up ok and is civil etc, I give him positive feedback, even if he hasn't received the goods yet. When I buy stuff, assuming I contact the person and pay on time etc, I expect to get positive feedback, but if I don't - stiff.
Of late I have bought several items, received no feedback, but got an email asking for positive feedback and offering me positive feedback in return. That tends to P*** me off a bit. Doen't it render the feedback system less effective?
What do others think?

Sir Stinkalot
13th March 2007, 10:18 PM
What is worse is when the seller states in their listing that they will with hold feedback until you give it to them and they will give you the same result. Ie you give negative you get one back. These sellers should be avoided.

When I sell I post feedback as a sign that the item has been sent. If the buyer has done everything up to the point that I am happy to post then as far as I see it then they have full filled their end of the deal (communicating, paying etc). If they get the product and want to kick up a stink then I will deal with it ..... so far so good with no negative feedback.

Feedback system is open to abuse but it is still a helpful way to see how previous transactions have been delt with.

Shedhand
13th March 2007, 10:29 PM
I always pay within minutes of winning an item. I post feedback when I've got the goods in my hands unless there is a problem with it. Then I contact the seller to discuss the problem. To date I've had to ask for two refunds and one rebated payment due to a missing part. In all cases the issues have been resolved to my satisfaction and that of the seller with the result that I gave positive feedback and got it in return. It doesn't cost anything to be civil. What annoys me is people who give negative feedback without trying to resolve any problems first. I don't buy off anyone with less then 99% positive feedback unless I'm desperate to buy the item.
In short, I've never lost money on eBay, never been ripped off or badly treated. So I'm a very content eBayer. :2tsup:

Groggy
13th March 2007, 10:31 PM
I agree, feedback is a pain. I just got burnt on eBay and there is nothing I can do about it. eBay are not interested in helping at all. Both the seller and I have had to ask the same question which eBay refuses to assist us with.

The two of us were put in a position of giving bad rep because of the management involved. Thankfully we both just agreed to be unhappy but leave each others reputation intact, despite neither of us getting what we expected.

This is my first 'bad' transaction and I will be a lot more careful in future.

watson
13th March 2007, 11:03 PM
G'day All,
I consider ebay feedback to be the ultimate sodomisation of flies.
And I also consider the dispute resolution to be a WOFTAM.
However, in 5 years of buying, I have only had two transactions that have "fallen into despair" as it were.
I have given and received negative feedback, but I really get cheesed when you dont receive the goods, and the seller of the item gives you negative feedback for complaining that the goods didn't arrive........The resolution system leaves a lot to be desired.
But what great goodies!!!!

Regards,
Noel

echnidna
14th March 2007, 09:08 AM
I agree, feedback is a pain. I just got burnt on eBay and there is nothing I can do about it. eBay are not interested in helping at all. Both the seller and I have had to ask the same question which eBay refuses to assist us with.

The two of us were put in a position of giving bad rep because of the management involved. Thankfully we both just agreed to be unhappy but leave each others reputation intact, despite neither of us getting what we expected.

This is my first 'bad' transaction and I will be a lot more careful in future.

Thankfully that happens rarely.
Ebay's handling of disputes sucks really big time:((

Master Splinter
14th March 2007, 10:32 PM
A++++++++++++++++++++supplier!!!!!!

The sooner we get an Australian version of Craigslist, the better.

rrich
20th March 2007, 10:32 AM
At our house, we have a saying...
"How do you spell fraud using only 4 letters?"

Yep, we've used eBay and PayPal and never been satisfied with either. We will not deal with either. And, yes you really need a Craigs List! It's a different world and completely different attitude among users.

Rossluck
20th March 2007, 04:32 PM
I had a strange one recently when I came second in the bidding for a bull float. I wasn't all that fussed, having learned by my age that if you're in a bidding war you're probably about to be burned. A few days later the seller wrote to me and said that the buyer hadn't turned up and that I could have the bull float at my highest bid.

I said OK, and made an arrangement to pick it up. Before I could do so they sent me another email saying that the very naughty initial buyer had finally turned up. Never mind, they told me, we have another one under the house that you can buy if you wish, for $20 cheaper because it isn't as good....

I said OK and agreed to ring when I was in the area and pick it up. The next day I was in the area and rang a mobile, and the seller told me (with surprise in her voice that I didn't already know) that they weren't home. No worries, I said, I'll try again next time I'm in the area.

That night, while trolling through Ebay, I noticed that they had listed the bull float. By this time I was over it all and just faintly amused by it, so I sent them an email asking them if they were selling my bull float on Ebay. They replied in an embarrassed way that they didn't think I would turn up again so had decided to list it. I didn't respond. Then, the next day they sent me an email saying that if I wanted to buy it, they would immediately list it as a "buy it now" item at our agreed price and I could buy it.

By this stage I'd decided that they weren't well, and I ignored the whole thing. I don't know what happened or who bought it.

ozwinner
20th March 2007, 04:51 PM
Here is a brief history about my previous life on ebay.

I got ripped (I bought some gold coins that this dude didnt have), complained, and they banned me....:doh:

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/ozwinner/

Al :U

Felder
20th March 2007, 04:59 PM
The whole feedback thing on E-Bay bugs me. I understand the purpose behind it, but really, why do people need to type this sort of crap:

http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/au/icon/iconPos_16x16.gif ø¤ºAWESOMEº¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ºEBAYERº¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤ºTHANK YOU!º¤ø with a very cute baby

::

I just sold the silly woman a dining setting. What the hell has my daughter got to do with it? And what the hell is all those things between the words? I'm getting sea-sick!

Gra
20th March 2007, 05:01 PM
bidding for a bull float.

don't want to sound like an idiot, but why break a perfect run, is a bull float,

I had images of some bovine lazing in a dam with a fluro orange inflatable strapped around its middle (But that is just my weird mind)

Gra
20th March 2007, 05:11 PM
The whole feedback thing on E-Bay bugs me. I understand the purpose behind it, but really, why do people need to type this sort of crap:

Brendan, do a search for weird ebay feedback. Some of the stuff that gets put into the feedback is just surreal. Maybe just retaliate with some surreal feedback like just the word fish or some other such mindless response..:U:U

subvert the machine man (Insert stoned smiley here, what happened to the stoned smiley)

ozwinner
20th March 2007, 05:13 PM
don't want to sound like an idiot, but why break a perfect run, is a bull float,

I had images of some bovine lazing in a dam with a fluro orange inflatable strapped around its middle (But that is just my weird mind)

Well weird or not, but that is exactly it.. :o

Al :roll:

Groggy
20th March 2007, 05:23 PM
don't want to sound like an idiot, but why break a perfect run, is a bull float, It is a concreter's tool for smoothing cement. It is a slab of metal on a long pole for trowelling the center of a large area.

ozwinner
20th March 2007, 05:29 PM
It is a concreter's tool for smoothing cement. It is a slab of metal on a long pole for trowelling the center of a large area.

And sometimes concrete :roll: Jethro...

Al :U