PDA

View Full Version : INCRA and TSC10HB TS

dazzler
16th March 2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Incrarites

A double double question

1. Does anyone have the INCRA TS-LS system on a TSC10HB (or similar) table saw

2. How do you get the different coloured timber on the double joints :?

1.2.2 Are they really that good :-

2.2.2 Which package do you suggest so that you have the TS and router setup on the TS. Is this one the one i am after

42132 :?

Have also sent an email to a supplier but value the ubeaut opinions.

cheers

dazzler

Shedhand
17th March 2007, 12:19 AM
Hi Incrarites

A double double question

1. Does anyone have the INCRA TS-LS system on a TSC10HB (or similar) table saw

2. How do you get the different coloured timber on the double joints :?

1.2.2 Are they really that good :-

2.2.2 Which package do you suggest so that you have the TS and router setup on the TS. Is this one the one i am after

42132 :?

Have also sent an email to a supplier but value the ubeaut opinions.

cheers

dazzlerG'day Daz, I'll answer a question with a question. When you demo'd your TS when I called at Tolman's Hill was I impressed with it? I can't remember :(. Cos if I was, I'll buy one at the woody show on sunday. :2tsup: Was it quiet when running (ie, quieter than the Makita in my Triton WC2000?
Cheers

dazzler
17th March 2007, 04:30 AM
Yep you said things like;

"Wow. Thats Fantastic" :2tsup:

and

"Ïve just gotta get one from the WWW Show" :D

and

"How do you get such great Ab's" :(

and

"Does that thing make you feel faint" :-

but mostly you were impressed.

Go for it.

PS I needed my jumper down there the other day...very nice change :)

clubbyr8
17th March 2007, 07:27 AM
Hi Daz,

I've got the Incra LS Positioner (32" with Wonderfence) on my TSC10HB. I also bought one of Grahame's Engineered table tops and installed that on the RHS of the table. This setup came with 72" rails and I left the RHS "wing" that came with the TS so that the Triton Router would clear the TS motor housing. If I wanted to have two router table tops (as in your picture) then I would have to buy the 92" rails (and I don't have the room).

The Incra Master Reference Guide (comes with the LS Positioner) shows you how to make the double dovetail joints.

This system might be expensive but worth every cent IMHO. I also bought the Mitre 3000SE (as I want to get into segmented turning and I need the accuracy).

I'm very happy with my purchase and I don't think you will find any better people to deal with the Grahame and Marita Waterson.

Bob

dazzler
17th March 2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks Bob

I take it you take the biesemeyer style rails n all off to fit the INCRA?

Is yours metric or imperial?

Any pics of finished products for our viewing pleasure.:D

cheers

dazzler

clubbyr8
17th March 2007, 10:35 AM
Yep, you remove the old rails.

Mine is Imperial. Not sure, but I think there is a fair bit to change to make it metric, but happy with what I've got.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Regards

Bob

underused
17th March 2007, 11:46 AM
The incra systems lead screws index every 1/32" As far as I know, they dont make a mm version.
If you put a mm measure on the system, the lead screw would still index every 1/32", you'd need to use the micro adjust to get it to the mm lines.
All the templates use inches, and all the router bits needed are inches too. I think, to use the system to its full potential, you'll have to forget mm's:)

dazzler
17th March 2007, 12:16 PM
I got the impression from this thread

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=25626

that metric was now available. (perhaps for some stuff)

cheers

DJ’s Timber
17th March 2007, 12:46 PM
Going by post no 13 the scales are available in metric but not the screws which are imperial

underused
17th March 2007, 12:50 PM
I think only the scale is available in mm. The lead screw which positions the fence is in inches, so its abit of a mismatch. If you're using the mm scale on an LS postioner, you'd have to micro adjust, the best you can to the mm mark. That sort of defeats the object of the LS postioner?
I could be wrong Dazzler, but I thought Incra decided it wasnt worth changing the LS to index in mm's. The templates and bits would then need to be changed for the system to work well.
I have the LS super system, and have had to get used to inches, to get the best out of the system.

Wild Dingo
17th March 2007, 06:39 PM
I have just that setup Incra as shown combined with 10HB... gone back to the original fence that came wit the TS and will use the incra in a as yet to be built router table... I just didnt get it... as a fence it was great but all the blasted different measurement tapes just confused the hell out of me but then I didnt get the book thing with it either so maybe that was my problem? probably who knows... aside from confusing me the rails took up too much room in my already crowded shed so presently its up in the loft

Gwhat
20th March 2007, 12:28 PM
Hi all

Just to try and clear up a few queries;

Incra have Metric Racks & Metric Scales available, but not Metric Lead Screws. Given that all the templates are based around Imperial router bits, the issue of the lead screw isn't a problem. If you want to line up to a specific metric position when using the LS as a table saw fence, you simply insert a metric scale in a spare slot and zero in using the micro adjust knob.

Several customers were sceptical about Imperial, but once you realise that you don't have to think in feet and inches everything makes sense and is very easy.

Regards

The Woodworker