PDA

View Full Version : anything worth watching on paytv?

journeyman Mick
17th March 2007, 03:33 PM
So i've been living in the hospital for over two weeks now :( and there's a lounge area with a (tiny) tv in it. Besides the usual rubbish there's also the History Channel, Discovery, Lifestyle and V. Just caught the tail end of "This old house" this morning. Didn't look exciting, but time hangs heavy at ther moment and it's better than staring at the walls. Anyone know if there's any wood working content on at the moment? Also anything else particularly interesting? Is there an online program guide perhaps? Things are a bit better, entertainment-wise as I've gotten hold of a laptop so I'm able to hang around here anyway.:roll:

Mick

MICKYG
17th March 2007, 03:42 PM
Mick

Hope you are healing / getting over your ailment in a nice fashion and sorry hear you have been laid up. Unable to advise on the pay TV, but have noticed there is not a great deal worth watching on normal television, mainly repeats. Occaisionly you stumble across something so just keep looking. The laptop will surely help pass the time.

Regards Mike:wink:

Gumby
17th March 2007, 04:14 PM
So i've been living in the hospital for over two weeks now :( and there's a lounge area with a (tiny) tv in it. Besides the usual rubbish there's also the History Channel, Discovery, Lifestyle and V. Just caught the tail end of "This old house" this morning. Didn't look exciting, but time hangs heavy at ther moment and it's better than staring at the walls. Anyone know if there's any wood working content on at the moment? Also anything else particularly interesting? Is there an online program guide perhaps? Things are a bit better, entertainment-wise as I've gotten hold of a laptop so I'm able to hang around here anyway.:roll:

Mick

Hope you get out and about soon Mick.

have a look at the Foxtel site on the internet. They have a program guide there.

I haven't seen a lot of really good woodworking programs lately. They seem to have shunted them into the background.

watson
17th March 2007, 08:20 PM
G'day Mick,
Can't help...don't have anything but free to air,
But just wanted to say I hope you don't find your hospital stay too bad, and have to bits of advice.
1. Don't eat the food..........(pizza parlours deliver)
2. Don't drink the coffee.

Hope you get well soon.
Regards,
Noel

Guy
18th March 2007, 09:37 PM
If you have it connected to broadband take look at these site for programs

http://www.mininova.org/sub/113/added
http://www.channelchooser.com/
http://wwitv.com/portal.htm

Metal Head
19th March 2007, 10:07 AM
I hope you are re-couperating well and the nurses are taking good care of you:wink:.

We have Foxtel and thinks it's great but then we may be bias coming from the UK. A lot of the programs on the lifestyle channel are british and well made. But as for woodworking there isn't much and it maybe better to "google" some woodwork sites that may wet your appitite for you are back to normal.

fxst
19th March 2007, 11:19 PM
Mick I am assuming your wife is ill not you. Ether way I wish you/her a speedy recovery. Can't help with pay tv haven't had it for a couple years now
Pete

Christopha
20th March 2007, 12:05 AM
All the best from the West Mick....

journeyman Mick
20th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Pete,
you assumed right, unfortunately there's not going to be any recovery from this one, just waiting for it all to end. She's comfortable and we're both relieved that it will soon be over as her quality of life has been reduced to a mere existance. Sorry to lay such a heavy trip on you all. (BTW the hospital food is crap, see at least I can still joke about some things)

Mick

Gumby
20th March 2007, 08:04 AM
Pete,
you assumed right, unfortunately there's not going to be any recovery from this one, just waiting for it all to end. She's comfortable and we're both relieved that it will soon be over as her quality of life has been reduced to a mere existance. Sorry to lay such a heavy trip on you all. (BTW the hospital food is crap, see at least I can still joke about some things)

Mick

I'm very sorry to hear that Mick.

It's probably not much comfort but I'm sure the thoughts of all your friends on here are with you both.

Metal Head
20th March 2007, 08:30 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that Mick.

It's probably not much comfort but I'm sure the thoughts of all your friends on here are with you both.

ditto

echnidna
20th March 2007, 08:31 AM
We are all sorry to hear that Mick.

Most of the people I've known with pay tv have scrapped it after a few months as they get weary of so many repeats

silentC
20th March 2007, 08:49 AM
Yep, same down here mate.

WoodGirl
20th March 2007, 10:16 AM
Thinking of you Mick

Regards
WG :)

DJ’s Timber
20th March 2007, 10:22 AM
:wts:

journeyman Mick
20th March 2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts, entertainment has been sorted, got a stack of DVDs that I haven't watched yet which I'll pick up today, will play them in the laptop.

Mick

echnidna
20th March 2007, 05:38 PM
Is there anything that any of us can do for you Mick?

journeyman Mick
20th March 2007, 08:00 PM
Is there anything that any of us can do for you Mick?

Well, anyone that's the praying type could pray that it's soon and painless.

Mick

Wood Butcher
20th March 2007, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear Mick. :( (honestly don't know what to say!:C)

sea dragon
20th March 2007, 11:46 PM
Mick, Really sorryto hear that. For what it is worth, your wife and you have my prayers, so that some sense and reasonableness can prevail. Use your laptop to access the outside world, to keep your spirits up. You owe it to Kuranda, your wife and yourself, even beyond what you presently appreciate.
Take care,

tameriska
21st March 2007, 02:56 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Mick.

Not really much else I can say, except that my thoughts are with you and your family.

RufflyRustic
21st March 2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Mick,

Thinking and praying for you both.

Wendy

Bob38S
21st March 2007, 11:16 AM
Mick,
sorry to hear your news, I envy your strength of character.

I hope that all proceeds quickly, painlessly and peacefully as to your desired outcome and that you continue to retain your particular grasp of reality.

All the best,
Bob

masoth
1st April 2007, 02:48 PM
Mick. My only contribution is to say we are all waiting with you.

soth

Terry B
1st April 2007, 05:46 PM
Mick
Ditto the others.
I also agree that hospital food is far from good. The coffee is poisonous as I have learnt from long experience. I take coffee bags with me now and avoid the polystyrene cups. I'm sure the cups are addictive as well.
I hope the palliative care guys are doing a good job.
Best wishes

Clinton1
1st April 2007, 06:41 PM
I like the American Chopper show and others like it... where some cashed up Yank plays with a bike/car/truck/boat and modifys it. There is some tosser that does a show on guns... some bloke pretending he is a Marine Gunny Sgt or something... Roll Call???

The Japanese 'torture and humiliation' based game shows are also kinda ok.... always good to see someone try to eat a tablespoon of Wasabi for their 5 minutes of fame.
Quality, stuff! :rolleyes:

The history shows are ok as well.

I used to watch them when work had payTV, but wouldn't pay for it myself.

MICKYG
1st April 2007, 07:13 PM
Thoughts and Prayers are with you Mick.

Mike