PDA

View Full Version : Router table lift / raiser ?

martrix
17th March 2007, 05:47 PM
Cant do much else at the mo....in recovery mode.:doh:

Grabbed a few items from the warehouse and drew this up. Means you can adjust router height from above table and still have plenty of space for the fence etc to move around.

Any reason why it wouldn't work? And no, I'm not getting a Triton at any stage.

martrix
17th March 2007, 05:53 PM
something wrong with attachments at the moment? I'm getting errors.:C

martrix
17th March 2007, 06:53 PM
OK, third time lucky the photobucket way.:rolleyes:

Probably also be easy enough to make the router tilting like a spindle moulder with a tilting arbor to 30 deg. Would be quite handy, any one made or know of a router table with the tilting option?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/iVeneer/th_rlift1.jpg (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/iVeneer/rlift1.jpg)

Harry72
17th March 2007, 07:57 PM
The problem using a router for tilted work is the dia of the base. Slight angles can be done just.
Someone with engineering skills could do it I reckon, removing the base completely and make up some pivoting brackets that mount to the shafts, these then bolt to the bottom of the table or to the lift.
By the time you've spent all the money probably work out cheaper to buy a spindle moulder... but it would be a good for the triton routers if you could produce it commercially as a retro-fit!

martrix
17th March 2007, 09:22 PM
The problem using a router for tilted work is the dia of the base. Slight angles can be done just.
Someone with engineering skills could do it I reckon, removing the base completely and make up some pivoting brackets that mount to the shafts, these then bolt to the bottom of the table or to the lift.
By the time you've spent all the money probably work out cheaper to buy a spindle moulder... but it would be a good for the triton routers if you could produce it commercially as a retro-fit!

Hi Harry, I have a TR12 Hitachi and I was thinking I could just take the base off and the handles. The handle threaded fixings (in cast iron I think?) would be the pivot point and I would also make up a locking section for the swinging end, pretty much like a hand held circular saw tilt works.

Good food for thought...I'll do some more drawing.