PDA

View Full Version : Delta bandsaw vibration.

chris_hewett
4th July 2003, 10:47 PM
Hello all,

Have just purchased a new Delta 14" bandsaw from Carba Tec. Put it together today and it sounds and vibrates like an old washing machine! Have done a little trouble shooting - the vibration is still present when the belt is removed from the motor, so it appears as if this is the source of the vibration. However, when I place my hand on the motor while it is running it does not feel too bad. What appears to be happening is the enclosed cabinet seems to be vibrating, as if there is some kind of harmonic. What do you suggest? I may try removing the motor and see if it runs smooth outside of the cabinet, and try it without the pully... If it is the cabinet, any suggestions as to how to dampen it out?

Asking just in case there is a simple solution, as I normally work these problems out the slow way when I try it alone ;)

Thanks in advance,

Chris

journeyman Mick
4th July 2003, 11:20 PM
1) pick up phone
2) call supplier
3) tell them your problem(s)
4) get them to repair/replace whatever

I'm not averse to repairing my own gear, a lot of mine is over ten years old now and I've at least replaced the brushes in almost everything as well as total rebuilds of a few nailguns but there's one type of tool I absolutely won't touch: one that's under warranty because:
a) you shouldn't have to.
b) in doing so you may void your warranty

I'm sure you'd much rather be playing with timber than machines, so save yourself the drama and let the supplier take care of it:)

Mick