PDA

View Full Version : Pizza oven

ozwinner
19th March 2007, 07:32 PM
Here is a design that I have come up with, I havent built it yet, but can see no reason why it wouldnt work.

It is basically an oven within an oven, the smoke should bypass the door opening and head for the chimney at the back, in doing so the heat should be used to reheat the oven again as it passes back over the top of the oven.

Al :2tsup:

DJ’s Timber
19th March 2007, 07:43 PM
Looks groovy Al. Got plenty of space here if you want to practice :; :U

ozwinner
19th March 2007, 07:45 PM
Looks groovy Al. Got plenty of space here if you want to practice :; :U

Thats not as silly as it sounds~~~~~~~~Hmmmmmm.

Al :cool:

DJ’s Timber
19th March 2007, 07:47 PM
You would be able to drive the yoot under the carport into the backyard

Clinton1
19th March 2007, 08:08 PM
Sooooo, whats the cost for you to build it at my place?
Seriously.

ozwinner
19th March 2007, 08:12 PM
I havent worked out a cost as yet, I have just been busy doing the layout, Ill let you know.

Al :-

ozwinner
19th March 2007, 08:54 PM
Im thinking 600 bricks would do it, plus a few 190x190x190 concrete blocks, sand cement, and the formwork (formwork consists of a few chipboard radius ends, and some battens for the bricks to sit on) for the arches.
Concrete for the base, beer,.

I would say for mates rates $1000 should cover materials, labour chucked in as long as I get video footage (or is that meterage?)

Will you be around to assist?

Edit: Owwwhh, and a pizza a few week later when its all dried and set

Al :2tsup:

watson
19th March 2007, 09:10 PM
Geez Al,
You're a legend!
Looks good!
Regards,
Noel

martrix
19th March 2007, 09:40 PM
:- :rolleyes: ......I had a play Uncle Al:o . let me know if you wanna take it off youtoob.

Uncle Al's Wood fired Pizza Oven video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPLhyBijgoY)

ivanavitch
19th March 2007, 09:46 PM
Nice video. what did you use for the animation?

watson
19th March 2007, 09:47 PM
My God Martrix,:D:D:D
c'mon Al Lift your game.....animation rules:doh::doh:

Love it.
Regards,
Noel

martrix
19th March 2007, 09:49 PM
Nice video. what did you use for the animation?
Its just scenes animated in SU, which are then exported as an animation.avi. Then you can edit it in windows movie maker and save it as a .wmv

martrix
20th March 2007, 12:24 AM
Hey Oz, check this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE70a8HC6E) out. Its a slide show of someone making a wood fired oven.

ozwinner
20th March 2007, 03:43 PM
:- :rolleyes: ......I had a play Uncle Al:o . let me know if you wanna take it off youtoob.

Uncle Al's Wood fired Pizza Oven video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPLhyBijgoY)

Its cool, leave it on utoob.

I wish I could lay em like that. :(

martrix
20th March 2007, 11:05 PM
I wish I could lay em like that. :(

What, you mean like they did in the video? Whats so special about that? Keep in mind I've never laid a brick in my life.:doh:

Heres your oven rendered in Podium. No $hid, I could put glowing coals inside of it if I had the time. I think I'm slipping into Homers 3D virtual world.:homer: :bye:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/iVeneer/pizzaovrender.jpg?t=1174391992

Clinton1
21st March 2007, 12:08 AM
Sounds good Al.... but I won't be home for a while :~ ... I've been wanting one of these for ages. You'll probably have made 10 before I get back home. :( :rolleyes:
Bread, roast chook, pizza and ribs in the oven....sitting next to it on a sunny but cold Melbourne arvo, listening to the footy while having a yarn :2tsup:

ozwinner
21st March 2007, 05:18 PM
What, you mean like they did in the video? Whats so special about that? Keep in mind I've never laid a brick in my life.:doh:

No like in your Utoob vid.

ozwinner
21st March 2007, 05:27 PM
Sounds good Al.... but I won't be home for a while :~ ... I've been wanting one of these for ages. You'll probably have made 10 before I get back home. :( :rolleyes:
Bread, roast chook, pizza and ribs in the oven....sitting next to it on a sunny but cold Melbourne arvo, listening to the footy while having a yarn :2tsup:

Dont worry Clinton Ill still be hanging around for a while...:2tsup:

Al :U

mikm
7th April 2007, 11:13 PM
Hi Al,
I'm not on my PC at the moment and this thing doesn't have sketchup so I haven't eyeballed your .skp file yet, but I have one suggestion for you:

Bigger IS better!

My oven is only just big enough to be practical. I would definitely go bigger next time as at the moment, you can only really fit one pizza tray / roasting dish / etc. in at a time. I just went out to put a tape over the oven for a comparison and it measures (approx internal dims) 750 wide x 950 long x 350ish high.
I reckon I would aim for something that was scaled up from the size door hole you are prepared to work through, as the above dimensions gave me a door aperture of about 360x205 (based on door hole = 50% internal floor width x 63% dome height). This door size is only just enough to work through and I reckon scaling particularly the width up would have been really useful. Keeping in mind that I've put a total of zero effort into confirming whether or not these would be practical dimensions for an oven to actually burn and also to retain heat (two things the 50/63 numbers are supposed to allow without trading one off against the other), but something built around these numbers might be a bit easier to use:
1000+ wide x 1200 long x 350 high.
Also, with no founding in any sort of hard repeatable evidence, I have the gut feeling that my dome is proportionately a bit too high. The dome height to floor area of the oven in the slide show Matrix linked to 'looks' about right.
Your oven design could well benefit from a different door to oven ratio, but however it works out, I reckon go for a hole that is at least 500x250 and if necessary, scale the rest to suit, while aiming for around 1m2 + of cooking area

I had a bewdifool thin base, tandoori chicken pizza out of mine last night, washed down with some Maltshovel two row lager and I was a very happy camper.

Go nuts mate! Youll never regret putting one of these suckers in your backyard. :2tsup:
Good luck with it,
Mick