PDA

View Full Version : SketchUp Plugins?

martrix
20th March 2007, 05:07 PM
Hi, have been playing with a SU plugin called Podium for realistic rendering. (see pic).

It seems a bit limited as I think the pic below is the biggest you can do.

Does anyone know of some good free plugins for SU? Maybe some good animation ones too?

martrix
20th March 2007, 07:42 PM
Here is another rendering. Going to download another plugin tonight which I think is better.

Have to go to my computer as its got a little more powerful memory and graphics card than the one I did this on.:rolleyes: I managed to crash this one already.:C

MajorPanic
20th March 2007, 08:18 PM
Keep us informed Martrix :2tsup:

martrix
20th March 2007, 10:55 PM
anothery.:rolleyes:

Still haven't download a new one yet, this one is still blowing my mind.:cool: Everything in the pic is drawn on SU, no tricks.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/iVeneer/eunit.jpg?t=1174390812 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

NewLou
20th March 2007, 11:01 PM
Now were cookin..................Awesome MAtrix!!!

Regards Lou:)

ozwinner
21st March 2007, 05:43 PM
anothery.:rolleyes:

Still haven't download a new one yet, this one is still blowing my mind.:cool: Everything in the pic is drawn on SU, no tricks.

Have you sent the plugins to Lous stick thread in the sketchup forum?

Al :2tsup:

martrix
21st March 2007, 06:10 PM
Have you sent the plugins to Lous stick thread in the sketchup forum?

Al :2tsup:

cheers, have now. Thought the home page might have already been there.

NewLou
21st March 2007, 07:35 PM
Heres my first render with podium.......................not too sure what happened with the top?...............any ideas on how to fix it???

REGards Lou:?

martrix
21st March 2007, 08:14 PM
Hey, nice one Lou. Not too hard is it?

What did you do to the top? How much reflection and how much light?

NewLou
21st March 2007, 08:43 PM
Hey MAtrix:)

Not sure what my settings were as am just mucking around at this stage. However I think you have raised a great point that it is really worthwhile recording settings ie: Light/Reflection/etc so that rendering output can be fine tuned

I'll definately be recording my settings from here on in because the rendering process is soooooooooooo intensive without a high end Chip/Graphics card the process takes hours. BUT I'm sure you agree the results are worth it.

LAst night I was looking at some of the work of podium gurus MAN nothing less than awesome this program is capable of pumping out photo realistic renderings with relative ease n hardly any training.

The merit of this is that I reckon it'd be great for literally showing clients how their commissioned 'piece' will look in what ever living area they choose..............VERY HANDY INDEED!

Anywayz as far as my pic goes I played round with the textures a bit n reduced light/reflection dramatically ....................... will post outcome once shes rendered!

REGards Lou:2tsup:

martrix
21st March 2007, 09:43 PM
Yep, agree about being power hungry. Twice the computer has shut down on me right near the end of a rendering.:~ ......loosing it all.:C I haven't had a chance yet to get on my more powerful comp.

I think the problem with your pic was that you added light to the top, or too much reflection. There a lots of things to take into consideration, like your background, whats above(eg; sky) etc, that has an effect on the objects.

Yes you need to take note of your reflection settings, as it becomes important when doing a scene with lot of objects. Haven't worked out the light properties yet.

If you haven't already, there are a few tutorials on the podium website. I have only done the first one which was the first pic I posted.

NewLou
21st March 2007, 11:32 PM
Well here she is after I've ironed out a few more of the bugs......................

I love how this can be used to get an idea of shadowlines & reveals in design work

AWESOME PROGRAM!!!...............................Highly recommended fellas:2tsup:

REgards Lou:D:D:D

martrix
22nd March 2007, 12:04 AM
Nice one. Getting a good realistic look. I think thats the hardest part, to make it look realistic and not over the top.....like the one I just did.:- :rolleyes: Took me ages because of the spirals, and doesn't look too good anyway.:doh: Its an Acme thread, like the ones used in clamps and vices etc.