PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Tyres

alf t
8th July 2003, 10:37 PM
I have been using my 14in Bormac bandsaw for making Boxes from Jarrah Burl. Recently I found that the blade tended to move forward on the wheels and out from the guides. I went through all of the tuning procedures and today got some new tyres which I thought would be curved on the surface. (the originals appeared to be flat, hence the replacements) The new ones are FLAT. I have also replaced bearings and guide blocks .I am using 3/16 6tpi blades and sawing up to 5 1/2in burl. I need this size blades to get the curves I require for the patterns. I have not yet tried the new tyres on burl. Has anyone had the same problem with their bandsaw. The Bormac is the same as most other 14in bandsaws.

Alf:confused:

Glen Bridger
24th July 2003, 01:41 PM
Hi Alf,

I don't have a bandsaw at home , but one of the band saws at work does have 'flat' surfaced wheels. I can't remember what brand, but it is an Italian made machine. The correct running alignment of the blade is to have the teeth of the blade just off the wheel. The bandsaw which I have been building (forever) has convex shaped perimeters. You may have bought new wheels for nothing.

Glen

alf t
24th July 2003, 02:09 PM
Thanks Glen, I think i did buy the new tyres for nothing, anyway our woodwork group had a garage sale last week and i put it in the sale and flogged it off......gave me a good excuse to buy a new saw at the Woodshow....meanwhile I have withdrawal symptoms until the show in the middle of August.

Alf

jaws22
24th April 2012, 11:43 PM
Looking for new tyres for the bandsaw plus manual for a1993 bormac 14"
Regards Dave

Glen Bridger
25th April 2012, 06:52 PM
Hi Dave,

Try Gary Pye on the Gold Coast. They sell spare parts for bandsaws.

Cheers.

checkerflight
25th April 2012, 10:11 PM
this is where i got mine from, first time customer he was 50cents dearer than brisbane but only 25 klms away so a no brainer really. cheers peter(grandad):2tsup:

bosox
20th June 2012, 08:15 AM
Try bandsawparts.com for aftermarket band saw tires. As for manuals, you can check on bandsawmanuals.com – bormac manuals seems to be difficult to find these days, just double check on the site.

bosox
12th July 2012, 06:48 AM
I would definitely suggest Bandsaw parts; Band Saw Parts for Marvel, Doall, Hydmech and Hem Band saws; We specialize in Marvel 8 Bandsaws (http://www.bandsawparts.com) for band saw parts replacements. They offer low price replacement parts and a very fast delivery system!