PDA

View Full Version : using hide (or pearl ) glue

rat52
26th March 2007, 08:24 PM
Hi, me again.

I have decided to follow Neils advice and glue the chair back together using hide glue so I went to see the senior citcen (SC) who had recently recieved his OBE ( Over Bloody Eighty) for some advice.

After finding the key to the inner sanctum (shed) and opening the door with much creaking and groaning the SC rummaged in the back amongst the dust and cobwebs of a millenium and produced an old glue pot and glass pickle jar half full of pearl glue.

"This " SC stated with pride, "belonged to your grand father".

"Thanks" I said and being a bit of a tightass wondered if the pearl glue would be any good after at least 70 yrs.
To show the age of the pot I took a photo and if any one can tell me how to post a thumbnail I will gladly do it
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Mark/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/private%20photos/2007_03_25/IMG_1044.JPG

chrisb691
26th March 2007, 08:29 PM
When you do a post, scroll down, and there is a button called 'manage attachments'. You can browse your computer, or attach a file from an URL. Once you have told it which file(s), then hit the relevant 'upload' button. Just make sure that the files are less than the 100k forum limit.

rat52
26th March 2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks chris but as you were posting it my son came home and the rest was history

watson
26th March 2007, 08:57 PM
Hey Rats,
what a good "hand me down".
Don't know about the useability of the glue........