PDA

View Full Version : The Techniques of Furniture Making

Designsync
27th March 2007, 05:05 PM
I've had 'The Techniques of Furniture Making' by Ernest Joyce, on order now for quite some time. Can't seem to get hold of it. Does anyone have a copy they'd like to sell or know of a bookstore that stocks it.

manoftalent
27th March 2007, 05:25 PM
you can try here mate.... http://www.timbecon.com.au/products/furniture-including-cabinet-making-531_0.aspx

Sturdee
27th March 2007, 05:46 PM
Whilst waiting with your order you could try your local library to see if they have a copy.

Mine has 4 copies of that book and all available for immediate loan.:D

Peter.

Designsync
27th March 2007, 07:56 PM
MOT, Timbercon don't stock it. However they can order it.

Sturdee, if your local library has four copies ask them to send one or two copies to Coffs Harbour library!

Just though if someone had an old copy lying around that may might want to get rid of it.

Sturdee
27th March 2007, 08:13 PM
Sturdee, if your local library has four copies ask them to send one or two copies to Coffs Harbour library!

If Coffs Harbour hasn't got it you should be able to get it through the interlibrary loan system, although that is not free.

Peter.

echnidna
27th March 2007, 09:33 PM
try www.alibris.com for new or secondhand

watson
6th April 2007, 09:01 PM
G'day Designsync,
I've been searching for your post for a cupla days.
Found it.
On Wednesday I opened my book cupboard in the workshop and a book fell out and hit my foot. Guess what it was???
The Technique of Furniture Making by Ernest Joyce.
If you still require a copy PM me and we'll communicate.

Designsync
6th April 2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks Noel, PM sent. However, I managed to track a copy down through www.alibris.com (http://www.alibris.com) . Thanks for the link Bob.

beglobal
4th May 2007, 05:53 AM
if your local library has four copies ask them to send one or two copies to Coffs Harbour library!

Big Shed
4th May 2007, 10:26 AM
if your local library has four copies ask them to send one or two copies to Coffs Harbour library!

My local library has an inter-library loan service. Basically I can look up almost any library catalogue in Oz and they will endeavour to obtain it for me for the princely sum of $3. Gotta be happy with that.:2tsup: They can also get woodworking DVDs under the same scheme.

I quite often use this to evaluate a book I am considering purchasing by mail order, usually from overseas.