PDA

View Full Version : Another rip roaring poll ... from the Stinky Institute

Sir Stinkalot
10th July 2003, 03:17 PM
Hi .... you might remember me from such great polls as ..... "State vs State vs Territory... The BIGGEST poll ever" or "When good tools go bad ... where do they go"* but today we bring this polling community to a new level …. a place where no other poller has dared to tread before** that’s right

….. HOW OLD ARE YOU TODAY????? ... A comprehensive study into an aging hobby group

This poll has been inspired by the recent birthday of this forums very own Jn polishing guru … Mr (Now 27) Shane Watson. To take part in this exclusive poll simply select one of the 10 options above and click until your little heart cannot click no more (or until it records the one click you are permitted)(I haven’t forgotten the State vs State poll that you tried to compromise yet Wayne :)). So click away … there is no way of tracking you or your age so click with confidence …. or is there????

“Stinky” …..
“yes”
“can you get us underway?”
“It will be my pleasure to announce this poll ….. OPEN

*This poll may still be under review from the community of moderators and as such may not have yet appeared on your machine.
** This may be incorrect as I haven’t searched for it yet.
This research may be used by the Ponds Institute for any purpose that they feel fit.

Sir Stinkalot
10th July 2003, 03:31 PM
Yes thankyou ... I stuffed it up already .....
Option 2 should be 21-30 and option 3 should be 31-40.

Please stop private messaging me already .....:D

Sir Stinkalot
10th July 2003, 05:18 PM
Stoppers ..... you have given it away ..... you must fall between 51-70 ..... it was intended to be confidential. You may have to ask a moderator to get caravan replaced by boat ... but from what I understand the caravan is a very popular amoungst that age group that want to put the Toorak tractor to work. :)

Driver
10th July 2003, 05:56 PM
I have to agree with stoppers - there is no way I can allow my vote to fall into a category that has any association with caravans. OK - I know that means you draw a bead on my age group - so what! We're baby boomers, for heavens sake. Y'know, the generation that's supposed to be over-demanding, self-indulgent, greedy and generally spoilt rotten. Anyone my age who has adopted caravanning as a way of life has clearly decided to hand in his baby boomer membership card.

Just had another thought. Someone smart once said that anyone who claims they can remember the 60s obviously wasn't there. Maybe the caravanners are the ones who can remember the 60s!

Driver

My car has no towbar. This is deliberate and is intended to ensure that it never tows a caravan. (So how do I bring the timber home? Easy - borrow me mate's ute!)

Neil
10th July 2003, 06:13 PM
OK Baby Boomers, it's safe now. I fixed it.

Cheers - Neil http://www.ubeaut.biz/thumbupwink.gif

I'm Baby Boomer and proud of it. I remember the 60's and believe me I was definitely there. http://www.ubeaut.biz/peace.gif The smart ones who didn't do drugs were busy enjoying it, unlike the habitually stoned wanker who made that statement. http://www.ubeaut.biz/zonked.gif

Sir Stinkalot
10th July 2003, 06:35 PM
“…. and now we will cross back to the poll room …..”

“Yes, thank you Brian, and welcome to all of those who haven’t frequented the polling room thus far today. The polling community has been rocked by news just in that the humble icon of growing old gracefully has been removed from the polling options and been replaced by the middle age crisis generator … the Harley Davidson. Here are some of the responses that I have collected from polers earlier today as they left the booth …..

“ ….. its all wrong, the integrity of the system has been compromised by censorship. I thought that we were in a free country, allowed to park the caravan wherever there is room.”

“…. I live in a caravan and I’m outraged”

“….. I’m a representative of the youth vote, generation www. All I have to say is if the caravans a rockin’ don’t bother knockin’ L8ter.”

“ …. how is our pollster Sir Stinkalot ever going to get published in the ‘Australian Wood Review’ if all his polls are subjected to tampering from the inside. First Wayne Davy and now this …. where will the slaughter end?”

So there you have it, just some of the many views that we have received today … many of which I couldn’t put to air. And remember folks …. cast your vote now. But for now Brian, Im going to have a lie down in the van.”

Iain
10th July 2003, 09:25 PM
OK, wheres the Harley to pull it with???

JohnM
10th July 2003, 11:36 PM
I'm very concerned about the total lack of activity from those over seventy!!! Does that mean that in the next ten years I,m going to fall off the Harley?????:confused:

John Saxton
11th July 2003, 09:28 PM
Stinky' I think this is an opportunity to share the poll with a market research facility to let them know where the major woodworkin' dollars comin' from.:D

Cheers

Sir Stinkalot
11th July 2003, 09:42 PM
Do you think there will be a few $$$'s in it for me ????? :D

echnidna
14th July 2003, 06:24 PM
Stinky there must be a big buck in it if you figure out how to put a towbar on a harley. Just think about you not only get the caravan lot but also those who will cart their timber home in a tandem trailer behind their harley

Sir Stinkalot
26th July 2003, 12:19 AM
I have recently had some very disturbing images enter my inbox .... after many hours contemplating their effect on the woodworking community I think it only fair to share ....... Please keep the children at arms length .....

Neil and

Sir Stinkalot
26th July 2003, 12:25 AM
Doorstop and Wayne .... Oh the humanity.

Wayne Davy
26th July 2003, 10:39 PM
Stinky!!!

Now you've done it!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would never let Stoppers Drive :D And, besides, I am no where near the Harley stage of life. :cool:

Sir Stinkalot
27th July 2003, 11:48 AM
I know that Wayne but Stoppers is just taking you along for the ride :) He really wants you to build him a cyclone :D

Wayne Davy
27th July 2003, 05:43 PM
And I bet you want one too! So, are you in the caravan cooling down the beer and cooking up the steaks to bribe me with are you?

Robert WA
27th July 2003, 08:24 PM
OK. I know. She was there when we started out.