PDA

View Full Version : Furnitex

Sir Stinkalot
10th July 2003, 03:59 PM
Just incase you are in the area and are looking for something to do next weekend ......

Furnitex (http://www.furnitex.com.au/furnitex.html)

"The largest furniture and furnishings trade show in the Australia –Pacific region is the ideal place to find new, innovative and exciting products.
4 days
400+ Australian & New Zealand manufacturers & suppliers
4000+ new furniture & furnishing ranges

Organised in conjunction with the Furnishing Industry Association of Australia, this exhibition features over 400 companies showcasing the broadest range of Australian manufactured and internationally designed furniture. Specifically targeting major furniture retailers, independent furniture buying groups, bedding retailers, furnishings & manchester buyers, interior decorators, designers, architects, contract furniture specifiers, hospitality professionals, hotel/motel owners & managers, venue managers & restaurateurs.

DATES & TIMES
Thursday 17 July 9am – 6pm (Trade Only)
Friday 18 July 9am – 5pm (Trade Only)
Saturday 19 July 9am – 6pm (Trade Only)
Sunday 20 July 9am – 5pm (Trade & Public)

VENUE
Melbourne Exhibition Centre
2 Clarendon Street, Southbank"

I attended Designex a few weeks ago .... it was a similar thing .... not a bad day out .... got some good ideas on new products and finishes that can be applied to woodworking. You may be able to get some design ideas for that next big piece. I don't know what the public day will be like but it may be worth a look .....

Stinky.

Sir Stinkalot
19th July 2003, 05:46 PM
Hi,

Just as an update I attended Furnitex today and to give you and indication ..... I wouldn't go back tomorrow.

Most of the furniture was just your stock standard stuff that you would see at Hardly Normals. Plenty of reps just sitting around on their couches drinking coffee. The best part was some of the interesting designs from the schools and universities of design. These pieces of work were imaginative and the woodern products were produced to a very high standard. I would have liked to have seen more of the new design, something a little left of centre .... but unfortunatly it was a it of a bore. Save your Sunday and head for the shed.

Stinky :)

Wood Borer
22nd July 2003, 12:42 AM
Stinky,

I heard an identical report from another person who used to be in the same trade as yourself.

Majority of it bland retail crap but the schools stuff was good.

- Wood Borer (On holidays in shed)