PDA

View Full Version : Question for cricket tragics

Lignum
28th March 2007, 01:48 AM
This has been bothering me for months now. Matty Haydon puts his forearm to the peak of his helmet and heaps of liquid drips out. Not just a few drops but it seams enough to fill an 8th of a tea cup. Do the modern day helmets have some sort of sweat catcher or something:? . Whats the go.

Speaking of Helmets, Helmut will be in Melbourne soon. What a blast from the past:wink:

Bodgy
28th March 2007, 09:06 AM
Ligs

The helmets are lined with a sort of foam which will collect the sweat. Haydens compressing the foam and the sweat runs out. Thats how it is for us and I dont think their helmets are any different - just their skills.

Does seem like a lot of liquid tho, must be why they have all the drinks breaks.

The Oz team is divided into sweaters and non-sweaters. When returning the ball to the bowler, only the non-sweaters get to touch it - at least when its new.

Looks like Hayden is a sweater.

Poppa
28th March 2007, 09:43 AM
And he's also a legend.

If you've ever seen Symonds bat for a protracted period (doesn't happen often I know) he also does the sweat-pouring-out-of-the-helmet trick.

Bleedin Thumb
28th March 2007, 11:08 AM
With Haydens form going the way it is, he should bottle it - Au de Hayden, make a fortune