PDA

View Full Version : Record CL3 lathe

Barry Hicks
29th March 2007, 03:58 PM
Seeing as how you guys don't seem to know anything about aqueous aliphatic urethane I'll try you on question #2.
I have a Record CL3 lathe that uses a flat ribbed drive belt and I wish to get a spare.
Record Power in the UK don't seem to want to talk to me and the local belt shop tell me they would need to see the old belt as there are a multitude of shapes and it looks like a major undertaking to get the belt on and off.
My question - has anyone out there bought a non genuine belt and if so, can you give me a brand name and catalogue number please?

rsser
29th March 2007, 09:59 PM
Anything else?

tashammer
29th March 2007, 10:32 PM
by crikey rsser yer a bad one!:D:D

dazzler
29th March 2007, 10:38 PM
Oh you wanted to know about aqueous aliphatic polyurethane...sorry;

Its a novel coating thatis useful for primary resin based composition.

The composition comprises an aqueous aliphatic polyurethane, an anionic surfactant and a carbon containing pigment. It has a conformable film having an elongation at break of at least about 100% prepared from an aqueous film-forming mixture free of PVC and comprising, based on the weight of the solids in the aqueous mixture, (A) from about 50% to about 80% by weight of an acrylic-urethane copolymer which forms a film having an elongation at break of at least about 300%. (B) from about 5% to about 25% by weight of an acrylic polymer or copolymer having a Tg of less than about 55° C. wherein the acrylic polymer or copolymer (B) is not an acrylic-urethane copolymer and (c) from about 20% to about 40% by weight of at least one pigment.

As for the belt, why not take it off and go down to your local engineering or auto shop. I am sure they will have a replacement belt the same.

:2tsup:

Barry Hicks
30th March 2007, 04:01 AM
Bloody ripper stuff! Tell me, is "Dazzler" a nom de plume or were you christened Dazzler?
Getting back to my question about that urethane stuff, can it be used on turned items like toys?

RETIRED
30th March 2007, 08:35 AM
I replied in your other thread.