PDA

View Full Version : My brother

Shedhand
31st March 2007, 02:01 AM
It is with deep sadness that I advise the death of my younger brother Leon after a brief battle with cancer. He passed on yesterday at 1.20PM.
I loved him. He was 53 years old. Too damn young.

Schtoo
31st March 2007, 02:21 AM
Jeeze yer having a crook run Sheddie...

Very sorry about your brother, too young indeed. :(

Honorary Bloke
31st March 2007, 02:48 AM
My deepest sympathies, Sheddie. :( I'll hold a good thought for you.

TEEJAY
31st March 2007, 04:05 AM
Commiserations Sheddy :(

Shedhand
31st March 2007, 04:13 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I can't sleep.

TEEJAY
31st March 2007, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. I can't sleep.

Yeah same here, I've taken a pill so hope sleep will be soon.

At least we are in the right place for now :wink:

The only consolation is time heals all ills - in time you will feel better and in time your brother stopped suffering.

Cancer is incidious - like a rust.

I know this isn't a great example compared to human life but for the past 12 months I have watched skin cancer kill my little doggie - I burried her on Tuesday right next to my shed where she would sit and watch me. I loved my little doggie too, she has been my best mate for the past 11 years. I'm not trying to seek sympathy within your thread but hope you see in some way I understand your sadness.

jmk89
31st March 2007, 07:26 AM
You are right Sheddie, 53 is much too young.

When my Dad died, I planted a magnolia (put his ashes under it too) because he always loved the garden. It helped and I always have something that says "Dad" to me.

Why not go into the shed, and use your new tools to make something to remind you of him.

RufflyRustic
31st March 2007, 09:00 AM
Sincere condolences Sheddie :C

Wendy

Wood Butcher
31st March 2007, 09:02 AM
Sorry to hear Sheddie.:(

Gumby
31st March 2007, 09:10 AM
Cancer is such an insidious bloody thing. :(

Condolences to you and your family Mr Shed.

watson
31st March 2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry to hear the news Sheddy....at least he's at peace

fred.n
31st March 2007, 09:43 AM
Sorry to hear the news Sheddie
Our thoughts and prayers are with you

chrisb691
31st March 2007, 10:00 AM
My sincere condolences.

DJ’s Timber
31st March 2007, 10:07 AM
My condolences Sheddie, may he :rip:

zelk
31st March 2007, 10:09 AM
Hi Shedhand,
sad to hear the news.
Regards,
Zelk

Cliff Rogers
31st March 2007, 10:21 AM
:wts: :C

Jim Carroll
31st March 2007, 10:23 AM
Our thoughts are with you.

johnc
31st March 2007, 10:47 AM
Thinking of you Sheddie, Cancer sucks and 53 is far to young, my sympathy is with you and your family.

John.

Groggy
31st March 2007, 11:28 AM
Sincerest condolences Sheddie, I hope the family are coping.

Bleedin Thumb
31st March 2007, 01:23 PM
Thats bad news Sheddie, I hope you and your family get through it OK.

felixe
31st March 2007, 01:40 PM
Sheddie, I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family.

ptc
31st March 2007, 04:38 PM
me to.

Harry72
31st March 2007, 05:57 PM
Condolences Sheddie

Clinton1
31st March 2007, 06:10 PM
my condolences Sheddie, and my sympathy to you and your family.

Andy Mac
31st March 2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry to hear about your brother Sheddie, may he rest in peace.

scooter
31st March 2007, 09:40 PM
Jeeze yer having a crook run Sheddie...

Bloody oath :(

Thoughts & prayers are with you Mike.

Tell us a bit about him, when & if you'd like to.

Regards................Sean

Shedhand
31st March 2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah same here, I've taken a pill so hope sleep will be soon.

At least we are in the right place for now :wink:

The only consolation is time heals all ills - in time you will feel better and in time your brother stopped suffering.

Cancer is incidious - like a rust.

I know this isn't a great example compared to human life but for the past 12 months I have watched skin cancer kill my little doggie - I burried her on Tuesday right next to my shed where she would sit and watch me. I loved my little doggie too, she has been my best mate for the past 11 years. I'm not trying to seek sympathy within your thread but hope you see in some way I understand your sadness.Yeah, I do mate. Thanks

Shedhand
31st March 2007, 09:51 PM
Sorry to hear the news Sheddy....at least he's at peaceIts very nice whisky Noel. I had one for my little bro and 4 or 5 for me.
Cheers

watson
31st March 2007, 10:30 PM
Well done mate!
My visit to Tassie, that you offered to help me with, was to attend my older brothers funeral........prostate/bone/brain cancer. "Rust never sleeps".
I know the funeral stuff will be bad, but in the words of Randy Newman......."you got to roll with the punches".
This sight helped me through the funeral when every body was losing it, and I saw this face in the church and said to my son (quietly)......."Jeez your Uncle Mick's floozy is here"
So have a little grin on behalf of my big brother Mick Watson and spot the trannie.
Hope it lightens your load a little

KevM
31st March 2007, 10:53 PM
Mike,
Don't think I can add to what has already been said.

Thinking of you.

sea dragon
31st March 2007, 10:58 PM
Sheddie,
My thoughts, prayers and sympathies are with you at this time.
There was a fight, so as hard as it has been, it has helped you prepare for his loss.
As soon as there is a break in your grief, think of those good special times you shared with him. Remember how he enriched your life and try to keep that joy to help cope with your hurt.
All the best, mate.

Shedhand
1st April 2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks very much everyone for your comforting thoughts. It helps me a lot. And Noel, who's the gorgeous bird with the long wavy hair? Is she married? With the run I've been having lately be my luck she's married or a bloke (or both)
Cheer all and thanks again.
Mike

John Saxton
1st April 2007, 05:34 PM
Sincerest condolences Shedhand,together with all the rest of these fine bunch of folks on here, may I also express the sentiment that your loving brother RIP.gone but not forgotten.

Better days have just got to be ahead for you.

Cheers:)

Shedhand
1st April 2007, 09:14 PM
G'day all. I've been truly touched by your kind thoughts and collective support. Leon's death caps off a cruddy couple of years for me personally. But at least I'm still punching. I've only been a member here for 15 months or so but have made some great friends. Thanks everyone you've helped me keep the black dog in its place.
Cheers :2tsup:
Mike

TassieKiwi
2nd April 2007, 03:44 PM
Bastard cancer. It has taken friends and realatives of mine, way, way too soon. Losing your younger brother must be a real kick on the guts. No-one can really help fill the big hole, but somehow in time, little by little, it does start to fill with good memories. Take things easy for a while, don't go playing with the TS!

Wongo
2nd April 2007, 04:04 PM
. :(

MajorPanic
2nd April 2007, 09:46 PM
Sheddie,

I'm really sorry to here the news of your brother. My thoughts are with you.
Just think of all the good times you shared together.

My condolences, my friend

Shedhand
2nd April 2007, 10:50 PM
G'day all. A very pleasant post script to my sad loss. On Friday morning Leon was lucid enough to ask his kids to carry him out to his high rise balcony on the Gold Coast. He watched his last sunrise and had his last cigarette with his 3 kids. He was told that my other brother had made his peace with him and that we had called him to say we loved him.
I'm much happier knowing that he knew all that.

Close the thread please mods.

Cheers and thanks again everyone.