PDA

View Full Version : Sydney working with wood show

Pages : [1] 2

Wongo
3rd April 2007, 11:08 AM
It is a bit early but may I ask who is coming to the show this year and would you like to get together?

BobR, I will book you in for a Laksa OK?:cool:

I think I will be there on Friday and Sunday (and maybe Saturday).:2tsup:

Bleedin Thumb
3rd April 2007, 11:21 AM
As you say, early days yet, I'm still only at the planning stage of the bank job.
If I pull it off I'll be there, if I don't .... will you promise to write?

silentC
3rd April 2007, 11:29 AM
Nah, think I'll give it a miss this year. No money, no time to do any woodworking, too many disreputable people in attendance. Plus they opened a Thai restaurant in town recently, so I can get Laksa whenever I want.

Mirboo
3rd April 2007, 11:39 AM
I'm planning to go on the Saturday.

BobR
3rd April 2007, 12:12 PM
BobR, I will book you in for a Laksa OK?

Done deal!

outback
3rd April 2007, 03:23 PM
Too far away yet, but just maybe I will make it. Definitely Friday or Saturday, not both, don't like Laksa, like coffee.

Hows that?

Wongo
3rd April 2007, 03:53 PM
Just faxed my WW competition entry form, so wish me luck. :bowdown:

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 03:56 PM
Just faxed my WW competition entry form, so wish me luck. :bowdown:
good luck:2tsup:

i will probably be there on friday...cool, a day off school to buy stuff:U

cheeers

Wongo
3rd April 2007, 03:59 PM
Stirlo,

You should come and meet us. Let uncle Wongo show a few moves on the basketball court. :cool:

AlexS
3rd April 2007, 04:20 PM
Stirlo,

You should come and meet us. Let uncle Wongo show a few moves on the basketball court. :cool:

...but watch out if he offers you some lollies.:oo:

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 04:27 PM
Stirlo,

yeah, i'll meet you guys if ya want to:cool: ....after basketball, can we play hockey?:p

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 04:34 PM
It is a bit early

the count down has begun:B :aro-d:

72 days 18 hours and 20 odd minutes
or
1746 hours
or
104784 minutes

cheers:D

Wongo
3rd April 2007, 04:45 PM
72 days 18 hours and 20 odd minutes
or
1746 hours
or
104784 minutes

:no: :doh: :D

Where does the 4 minutes come from?

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 04:47 PM
tis what the stoopid internet sed...:doh:

Howdya do that
3rd April 2007, 05:05 PM
Drivel goes live:2tsup:

I'll be there:D

Sculptured Box
3rd April 2007, 05:25 PM
Hi

I will be there, I'll be demonstrating bandsawn box making, for the three days!

I look forward to putting faces to the Forum names!

silentC
3rd April 2007, 05:27 PM
I look forward to putting faces to the Forum names!
People always say that. I wonder how many still feel that way after the fact!!

:wink:

Bleedin Thumb
3rd April 2007, 05:31 PM
Drivel goes live:2tsup:

I'll be there:D

You'lle find that the rounds are a bit more expensive than the virtual meets.:D

jmk89
3rd April 2007, 05:38 PM
I'll be there too, probably on the Saturday.

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 05:44 PM
Hi

I will be there, I'll be demonstrating bandsawn box making, for the three days!
looking forward to meeting you again:cool:

Howdya do that
3rd April 2007, 08:10 PM
You'lle find that the rounds are a bit more expensive than the virtual meets.:D

It's Felders shout:2tsup:

but we're not gunna tell him till he gets there:U

Ross
4th April 2007, 01:19 PM
I'll be there friday and sunday.

Ross

Felder
4th April 2007, 05:20 PM
Friday for me, but just as a visitor. We won't have a stand at the Sydney show this year. :(

Sculptured Box
4th April 2007, 07:37 PM
Friday for me, but just as a visitor. We won't have a stand at the Sydney show this year. :(

However, Felder have kindly offered to provide one of their bandsaws for my use at the Show, thank you Felder

AlexS
4th April 2007, 10:21 PM
However, Felder have kindly offered to provide one of their bandsaws for my use at the Show, thank you Felder

Careful Tony, it's Felder's insidious way of making you want one!:D

Felder
5th April 2007, 10:01 AM
Careful Tony, it's Felder's insidious way of making you want one!:D
:whistling2: :innocent:

graemet
7th April 2007, 11:38 PM
I'll be there on the Friday, even though I'll have to battle through crowds of schoolkids , most of whom only see it as a day off lessons. Even better this year with Neil's ticket offer, amazing, given the cr@p he has to put up with from some who post here.
Cheers
Graeme

Poppa
11th April 2007, 03:34 PM
I can go any day, and I'll have my two little boys with me. Would love to catch up with forumites, and plan on dropping in to the ubeaut stand to offer a thank you.

fletty
11th April 2007, 05:50 PM
Have just put my leave form in to go on Friday ....I'd better ask my employer too!
Wanna look at the new adjustable HNT's, maybe some rasps, "traditional wax", 000 steel wool, (ex woodpecker) accessories for everything but especially for my new router table (just bought 2 Trend T3's to set up my new gifkin table properly), 1/2" socket chisel blade from "the old tool blokes" to turn into my 'other' skew chisel ...... and a round!
Fletty

Felder
11th April 2007, 06:14 PM
Friday is looking pretty popular.....

I know it's still early days, but I put a vote in for meeting at 11.00 at Sculptured Box's stand. That way he can catch up with everyone without leaving his stand and I don't have to worry who's gonna nick that unattended bandsaw. :2tsup:

Christopha
11th April 2007, 07:46 PM
I won't be there..... for the first time in bloooody yeeeers jolly Uncle Neil and the gorgeous Aunty Pauline will not have their noisy, ugly bald demon strator there. I am trapped in the wilds of WA and as the crow flies I coould hardly be further rom Sydley and stay on dry land. I shall be a tad sad that weekend..... :(

journeyman Mick
12th April 2007, 12:07 AM
Christopha,
I note that in your post you call yourself a demon
strator. Did you slip and put a return in there, or is the computer just telling things how they are?:D

Mick

Pat
12th April 2007, 09:01 PM
Popped into the Lumber Bunker today and Steve Mentioned that he will be at the show too. I'll more than likely go on Friday, I am officially on leave from work for two weeks after the public holiday. Now to getting leave from house painting . . . :;

Wongo
12th April 2007, 11:21 PM
Friday is looking pretty popular.....

I know it's still early days, but I put a vote in for meeting at 11.00 at Sculptured Box's stand. That way he can catch up with everyone without leaving his stand and I don't have to worry who's gonna nick that unattended bandsaw. :2tsup:

Oy Felder step aside please. I am running the show here.:(( I’ll say 11.05 at Sculptured Box's stand Friday.:D

Felder
13th April 2007, 10:01 AM
I’ll say 11.05 at Sculptured Box's stand Friday.:D

We'll be gone by then. Say g'day to Tony and then try and find us.

How good is this (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showpost.php?p=494276&postcount=31) news! :p:D

Christopha
13th April 2007, 03:39 PM
How good is this (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showpost.php?p=494276&postcount=31) news! :p:D

And may that slip you have at your next machinery demo be very painful and the damage to your gronicles be totally irrepairable..... maaaaate!

Lumber Bunker
15th April 2007, 11:05 PM
We'll be there!
As Pat said, we (The Lumber Bunker) will have a stand at this years show.
More to come on what we will be displaying, so stay tuned.

Cheers
Steven

Greg Ward
17th April 2007, 01:38 PM
Mal from Boutique Timbers will be there again with his normal display, so we'll see you regulars when the rain washes off the prices again this year.
He's at Brisbane show this weekend, but there's plenty of time to arrange anything special you want as we move into May
Regards
Greg

Wongo
17th April 2007, 02:26 PM
Greg, I have some money for you this year.

Yum.:roll:

Greg Ward
17th April 2007, 04:11 PM
Wongo,
Let me know closer to the time if you want anything special bought down.
I know Mal has some great Qld Maple slabs and coffee tables this year and pleanty of forest oak, hairy oak, Wa she oak... whatever.
Look forward to chatting......and taking your money.....
Regards
Greg

Wongo
17th April 2007, 04:33 PM
.and taking your money.....

Please do. :D

Wongo (who has just done his tax returns. :D )

Felder
17th April 2007, 04:49 PM
Wongo,

You bring the bucket of water and sponge, I'll bring the stick of chalk. I'll meet you at Mal's stand and when no-one is looking, we'll make sure you get "the best price" :;

PS - Don't tell Greg Ward.

Cliff Rogers
17th April 2007, 06:23 PM
...bring the bucket of water and sponge, I'll bring the stick of chalk. .... we'll make sure you get "the best price" :;...
Will that work at the Felder stand too. :?

Oops, I guess not.

... We won't have a stand at the Sydney show this year. :(

AlexS
17th April 2007, 09:51 PM
We can arrange some 'shopsoiled' stock that you should get a generous discount on, Cliff.:D

Ashore
18th April 2007, 12:32 AM
I won't be there..... for the first time in bloooody yeeeers jolly Uncle Neil and the gorgeous Aunty Pauline will not have their noisy, ugly bald demon strator there. I am trapped in the wilds of WA and as the crow flies I coould hardly be further rom Sydley and stay on dry land. I shall be a tad sad that weekend..... :(

What hey hold up a minute , you arn't going to be at the Sydney wood show, do the orginazers know cause this will this impact on the Gate takings, the show could be cancelled, then again we will be able to take flash pics of the ubeaut stand .
So not this year, well mate hope to catch up next year

Rgds

Scally
29th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Saturday for me.

I need to play with some new toys and meet a few more of you characters.

PS
The Qld Maple is special.

Greg Ward
29th May 2007, 08:19 AM
Mal from Boutique is starting to prepare.
He has just processed some interesting red walnut from N Qld and is cutting 4x4 rosewood at the present.
It anyone wants anything bought down on 'spec', call him on 0265 858296 or fax the same number or mobile: 0406 097827 and he will prepare it and have it at the show.
Regards

Greg

mcarthur
29th May 2007, 12:35 PM
<shouts to the wilderness>I'm coming...

Wongo
29th May 2007, 12:40 PM
OK let’s meet at 12pm Friday at the main entrance of the Pavilion. We can have lunch together.:2tsup:

bulldog
29th May 2007, 02:39 PM
Will be there. Got my discounted ticket and cash (tucked in the deepest corners of the wallet so SWMBO can't find it). Lunch first, can't go shopping on an empty stomach.

mcarthur
29th May 2007, 02:53 PM
OK let’s meet at 12pm Friday at the main entrance of the Pavilion. We can have lunch together.:2tsup:

Bottoms. I'm only rocking up on Sat arvo and maybe Sun morning. Sorry guys. If anyone else is up for either then let me know. Coffee sounds good (although probably impossible with the crowds on the w/end).

Rob

fletty
29th May 2007, 04:12 PM
I'm in for 12pm Friday,
Fletty

outback
29th May 2007, 05:20 PM
Just received a phone call to say I have to work, :( , just when I thought I would be able to go,:) . Oh well can't knock the work, BIG money on offer for very little effort.

BobR
29th May 2007, 08:34 PM
See everyone at 12pm.

Pat
29th May 2007, 08:38 PM
I'll be there for 12 Friday. Wongo, promise me that we won't do "one last lap" and spend every cent that I have on me!:)

Wongo
29th May 2007, 11:13 PM
I can't do that.:D

Cliff Rogers
29th May 2007, 11:25 PM
Some bloke just spammed the forum with show special members tickets. :2tsup:

graemet
29th May 2007, 11:26 PM
See ya there - 12 on fridy!

ss_11000
30th May 2007, 05:37 PM
just read in thee AWR that hare and forbes arent going to be there:(. but at least they have a sale on:cool:

i'll try to make it at 12 on fridy but not sure.

cheers

Wongo
30th May 2007, 05:39 PM
hare and forbes arent going to be there

That is not a bad thing.

Ashore
30th May 2007, 05:52 PM
Can't make Friday , don't get back from Tassie till late friday but will try for Saturday, or Sunday , whatever day 12 noon at the main enterance of the Pavillion :2tsup:

Rgds

Russell

ss_11000
30th May 2007, 06:05 PM
That is not a bad thing.is for me cos now i have to got to two places in sydney:p ..

AlexS
30th May 2007, 08:10 PM
See you all 12.00 Friday, & will be on the WWA stand on Sunday a.m.

Ross
31st May 2007, 10:17 AM
Neil

Will you be selling forum caps on your stand?

Ross

Dr. No
31st May 2007, 11:07 AM
just read in thee AWR that hare and forbes arent going to be there:(.

That is not a bad thing.
No.

Howdya do that
31st May 2007, 04:54 PM
Where's Wunch Wongo?

Beer, Steak and wenches are the prerequisites:wink:
And something to belt a few more words out of Dr No:U

Wongo
31st May 2007, 04:56 PM
Don't ask, just follow me.:cool:

Dr. No
31st May 2007, 04:57 PM
Don't ask, just follow me.:cool:

:oo:

NO!

Brown Dog
3rd June 2007, 02:40 PM
just read in thee AWR that hare and forbes arent going to be there. but at least they have a sale on

cheers

Ran into Matt Hare (I know him from high school) at last years WWW show, asked him why Hare & Forbes wasnt exhibiting. He told me that after the extra cost of transport and extra staff etc, they really only made enough to cover lunch :o . I think they also had an industrial machine show on at the same time....so its not really worth it for them.... I think.

I will be there on Friday...though just checking the seminar schedule, Richard Raffan's "taming the Skew" is on at 12 so I thinks thats where I will be:) His bowl demo last year changed the way I turn bowls for the better so I dont want to miss this one.

SWMBO has also decided to spend the day at Fox studios so I have to do the lunch thing with the boss:rolleyes: :D .

So hopefully I will bump into some people along the way....I know for certain I will be parting with some cash at the U-beaut and Addictive pen stands:D

cheers
BD:2tsup:

savage
4th June 2007, 10:56 PM
Hopefully I'll be there with my son on the Saturday, if not it will be the Sunday.:)

Sebastiaan56
5th June 2007, 04:00 PM
Yes folks,

This will be my maiden visit, how do you guys recognise each other? Thumbless handshake?

I intent to attend on Sunday maybe with kids but certainly with my mate Rob

Sebastiaan

Wongo
5th June 2007, 04:04 PM
He is tall, he is dark, he is handsome, he has a full head of hair and he wears a baseball cap. :D

We all know who he is. :D

Howdya do that
5th June 2007, 04:37 PM
He is tall, he is dark, he is handsome, he has a full head of hair and he wears a baseball cap. :D

We all know who he is. :D

And incase your interested Sebastiaan56, Wongo will be the short, pale, ugly, bald man standing beside ME

Caliban
6th June 2007, 10:32 PM
Grandpa Hovo (that's now me for forum newbies) will be there along with Scribbly gum and two other Nth Coast ratbags. It's a five (maybe six) hour drive so we'll need a drink or three. Don't know what day. Was thinking Sat. but doesn't look like any of you will be there. Is anyone going on Sunday? Scott? Friday we have to work.:(( Might pick up some last afternoon specials. Will have the forum cap but no wheelchair this year.:D

craigb
6th June 2007, 10:48 PM
Grandpa Hovo (that's now me for forum newbies) will be there along with Scribbly gum and two other Nth Coast ratbags. It's a five (maybe six) hour drive so we'll need a drink or three. Don't know what day. Was thinking Sat. but doesn't look like any of you will be there. Is anyone going on Sunday? Scott? Friday we have to work.:(( Might pick up some last afternoon specials. Will have the forum cap but no wheelchair this year.:D

I probably won't make it to the show this year. I definitely won't be going on Friday as I'll be on a course.

I may make it on the weekend but given the stuff I have to do around the house post reno it's going to be hard to get away.

We'll meet up one year Jim. :)

Hope everybody who does go has a great time and that there is not a snuggle pillow to be seen. :rolleyes:

Wongo
6th June 2007, 11:15 PM
Settle down Hovo.:D Me will there Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

jaspr
7th June 2007, 12:48 AM
I'll be driving up from Canberra early on Friday for the show ... trouble is I don't know any of you guys ...hhmm ... I'll be the quiet one walking around by myself ... sob :C :( ... might give me more time to buy things, though ... :roll: ... ok, I'll be the quiet one walking around by myself, trying to carry too much stuff :D :D

jas

fletty
7th June 2007, 09:43 AM
I'll be driving up from Canberra early on Friday for the show ... trouble is I don't know any of you guys ...hhmm ... I'll be the quiet one walking around by myself ... sob :C :( ... might give me more time to buy things, though ... :roll: ... ok, I'll be the quiet one walking around by myself, trying to carry too much stuff :D :D

jas

Jaspr,
I had been to a couple of these before I discovered the PARCEL PICKUP AREA, some sellers deliver your purchase to the area and, for other purchases, simply take them to the area yourself, book them in, and drive over to pick them up when your leaving. That leaves you to skulk around quietly ... not carrying too much!
Fletty

Pat
7th June 2007, 10:04 AM
Jaspr, just look out for Boofheads with Forum caps or go to stand 72 (Ubeaut ofcourse) and you are bound to meet someone:)

Sculptured Box
7th June 2007, 04:26 PM
Hi

Just a short note to advise that owing to a change of circumstances, beyond my control, I will not be demonstrating at the Sydney show as previously advised.

mcarthur
7th June 2007, 05:34 PM
I'll be driving up from Canberra early on Friday for the show ... trouble is I don't know any of you guys ...hhmm ... I'll be the quiet one walking around by myself ... sob :C :( ... might give me more time to buy things, though ... :roll: ... ok,

Hi Jas,
I'll be driving from Canberra too, except for me it will either be saturday morning or very early sunday morning, probably the former. I don't need anything at the moment (thankyou Carbatec for 25% off Bessy K bodies on Tuesday :D - 4xK60, 2xK125) but should I bring a trailer or not...decisions, decision :p. No, I don't need a TS55. No, I don't need a grinder. No, I don't need... What I do need is time in the shed FGS:arge:. In lieu of that, shopping will certainly help :2tsup:.

Rob

fletty
7th June 2007, 08:20 PM
Hi

Just a short note to advise that owing to a change of circumstances, beyond my control, I will not be demonstrating at the Sydney show as previously advised.

Hope all ok Tony?
Fletty

Sculptured Box
8th June 2007, 10:49 AM
Hope all ok Tony?
Fletty

Fletty

Yes thank you for your concern, I am fine, never better actually!

Wongo
8th June 2007, 11:04 AM
Is it something to do with the bandsaw?

jaspr
8th June 2007, 05:59 PM
Jaspr,
I had been to a couple of these before I discovered the PARCEL PICKUP AREA, some sellers deliver your purchase to the area and, for other purchases, simply take them to the area yourself, book them in, and drive over to pick them up when your leaving. That leaves you to skulk around quietly ... not carrying too much!
Fletty

... yeh, I've done that too ... makes it easier to forget how much you've already spent:D :D :D

jas

jaspr
8th June 2007, 06:01 PM
Jaspr, just look out for Boofheads with Forum caps or go to stand 72 (Ubeaut ofcourse) and you are bound to meet someone:)

I've ordered one myself - but only belatedly, as I hadn't realised they we in yet - so might not have it by next Friday.

[wish I could work out how to do multiple quotes in one reply!!]

jas

jaspr
8th June 2007, 06:05 PM
Hi Jas,
I'll be driving from Canberra too, except for me it will either be saturday morning or very early sunday morning, probably the former.
Rob

It's an early start from Canberra to get there for the opening. I remember driving up last year and spotting other likely sorts pulling into the servos and breakfast places and wondering if we were all heading to the same place.

Maybe we need to wear Ubeaut caps on route too!
(If I've got mine:doh: :U )

jas

ss_11000
10th June 2007, 12:52 PM
it looks like i'll be there sunday instead of friday now...but hopefully dad will be driving a brand new hilux:D so my bandsaw has lots of room:D

cheers

DIY DAN
10th June 2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Just a reminder that w've got a small stand at this year show, so hope you can all drop around and say " Why howdy there Mr. Dan" , or just "Hi" will do.

Can't wait to put faces to the names. Of course I know I'll be bitterly dissapointed in some cases.

DIY DAN (aka. Jeff)

jaspr
11th June 2007, 03:26 PM
DIY Dan

I probably should know the answer to this, but who is "we"?

DIY DAN
11th June 2007, 08:18 PM
DIY Dan

I probably should know the answer to this, but who is "we"?

jaspr,

"We" is my little business "D.I.Y. WOODWORKS" at Mt. Kuring-gai. A wood workshop for hire and for woodworking classes ( Given by AlexS). If your still not sure take a look at our website :-
www.diywoodworks.com.au (http://www.diywoodworks.com.au)

DIY DAN

BobR
13th June 2007, 03:34 PM
Two more sleeps:D :yippy:

spring
14th June 2007, 09:29 AM
Got my tickets this week, tomorrow's the big day, can't wait :D

Wongo
14th June 2007, 09:57 AM
Two more sleeps:D :yippy:

Not any more.

1 down, 1 to go. :D

fletty
14th June 2007, 01:45 PM
Not any more.

1 down, 1 to go. :D

sleep?
who can sleep?
made my little list, won't be home until late tonight so will go to the shed early in the morning and write down the sandpaper sizes for my sanders, check my containers of various Ubeaut's, measure the blade size on my Stanley number 4 ..... and drive!
Fletty

Wongo
14th June 2007, 02:07 PM
It is raining. :( Oh no the wood.

craigb
14th June 2007, 02:36 PM
It is raining. :( Oh no the wood.

Seen the forecast for tomorrow Scott?

P***ing down and cold as charity. :(

You best stay in that nice warm (actually bloody drafty) Horden Pavillion.:D

Actually, take a blanket and curl up in your rocking chair. :p :D

Wongo
14th June 2007, 02:38 PM
Mate the only thing I want to buy this year is wood.

fletty
14th June 2007, 02:53 PM
I am prepared to offer the back of my Landrover for the timber sellers to keep their timber out of the rain! I can't be fairer than that!
Fletty

Dr. No
14th June 2007, 02:55 PM
I can't be fairer than that!
Fletty

No. :2tsup: