PDA

View Full Version : Mini Chest - Huge Box

Lumber Bunker
3rd April 2007, 05:53 PM
Ok guys here it is. This is spare time project for The Lumber Bunker, finialy finished! it has been over 6 months since the start. But it's done.
Some of you who come into the shop will have been watching the progress as it happens but here are some pics for the rest of you who are unlucky enough not to live on the central coast.

The Timber is Red Mahogany, Red Ash, Vic Ash (tassie oak) and Western Red Cedar
finish is Danish Oil and U-beaut's paste wax. with brass knobs.

Every thing is done by hand.
Hand Cut Dovetails, Hand planes, scrappers, Spoke shave for the arch, HNT Gordon Smoother to raise the panels on the back.
and my coolest toy (read tool) my Record 405, which was the last thing used to add the reading to the draw fronts!

Enjoy the pics, ask some questions if you like or come into the store and see it, it will be in store for a week or so before taking up the huge task of holding Mrs Lumber Bunkers jewellery!

over all dimensions are about 500 wide 350 high and 300 deep.

Thanks for looking.

Lumber Bunker
3rd April 2007, 05:55 PM
Close up of the reeding...

Lumber Bunker
3rd April 2007, 05:57 PM
the draw sides

watson
3rd April 2007, 05:59 PM
Awesome stuff Steven!

ss_11000
3rd April 2007, 06:01 PM
Awesome work steve:clap: she whould be extremely happy with her new jewelry holder:2tsup:

Sculptured Box
3rd April 2007, 06:07 PM
Well done Steven, a fine exhibit of your craftsmanship.

What are you going to do now that you've got some spare time?

DJ’s Timber
3rd April 2007, 06:09 PM
Bewdiful :2tsup:, Mrs Bunker will be very happy with that I would imagine

jmk89
3rd April 2007, 06:23 PM
Steve

What a lovely piece. Any chance of getting some better quality photos? They all go blurry when I open them.

Will it be in the Bunker over the Easter break? In which case I may drop in and have a look in person.

Cheers

Jeremy

Big Shed
3rd April 2007, 06:26 PM
What can I say, I sat there admiring your work and then to realise all that was done with handtools.

You are a credit to the dark side Steven.

Thank you for showing that to us, it gives us something to aspire to, although in my case that will probably be where it stops, with aspiration!

Mrs Lumber Bunker must be very happy with the results of your labour. Only one problem though, now you are going to have to buy her all that jewellery to fill it up!:oo:

Bleedin Thumb
3rd April 2007, 06:57 PM
Thats very nice indeed. Well done LB

Cliff Rogers
3rd April 2007, 07:01 PM
Awesome... top job. :2tsup:

I'm not going to say what prompted me to look. :rolleyes:

oges
3rd April 2007, 08:53 PM
Very nice work, love to see that in person, pity I dont find myself going up to the coast anymore.
I hope there isnt too much space left in it for Mrs LB to want new jewellery to fill it with

Harry72
3rd April 2007, 09:00 PM
Top work LB.

ozwinner
3rd April 2007, 09:02 PM
Noice, very noice indeed.

Al :2tsup::2tsup:

Lumber Bunker
3rd April 2007, 09:47 PM
Cliff get your mind out of the gutter...
Sorry Jeremy, The Lumber Bunker will be closed over the break... Because we like to have a break too!
Thanks for the kind words guys, As for how much jewellry it holds.... well now days it's not that much, with all the oversized hippy beads and shells and stuff i think it will be full almost straight away! Full of dimonds... now that is a different story.

Tony, as for spare time... well i think it's about to become a rearity as the next (spare time) project will be a Sam Malouf inspired basonet.

Better quality photos will be up soon, I like to keep them small as i still remember the days of dial-up internet and can still feel the frustration of waiting for a photo tp load. I will link some in a minute.

Cheers,
Steve

BobR
3rd April 2007, 09:51 PM
Nice looking work Steve.:2tsup:

Lumber Bunker
3rd April 2007, 09:58 PM
Ok better pics are up... only two though... big files...
they are here
(http://www.lumberbunker.com.au/randomphotos/)http://www.lumberbunker.com.au/randompics

the first two are the chest, don;t click on the photo entitled "thumb sausage" unless you've got a iron stomach.... It's a photo of the only injury we have had in the shop ... touch wood.

enjoy.

Steven

ciscokid
4th April 2007, 10:56 AM
Makes me want to sell all my power tools.

That is one piece of work.

200 years from now, it will be in a museum.

fred.n
4th April 2007, 12:36 PM
Very nice work LB
you have to admit, the wait was worth it :2tsup:

jmk89
4th April 2007, 01:36 PM
Steve

The bigger pictures do much better service to the piece. I love the raised panels on the back and the reeding.

How dare you take holidays!!!! Oh well, I'll have to wait for a 'usual' weekend to drop by again!

Cheers

Jeremy