PDA

View Full Version : plywood caravans reply ???

surferboy
7th April 2007, 02:03 AM
might seem a silly question .....
how do i post a reply ???
hit post reply
typed in message
previewed message ok
hit subit reply

and it dissapeared into the computers 4th dimensional black hole :o

:cool: :cool: :cool:
(the one who knows less about computers than he knows about woodwork )

journeyman Mick
7th April 2007, 02:16 AM
Happens sometimes:doh: If it's a long or complicated post it's worth doing a copy and save into notepad or word. That way of it dissapears into a black hole you don't need to remember and type it all. Just try it again.

Mick

Wild Dingo
7th April 2007, 04:41 AM
Or... get over it and write it again :; easy as really :2tsup:

Me Ive had some humdingers ridin a razors edge of dribbling drivel posts and I mean marginally overthefriggintop loopy troppo inspired posts... that have just zapped themselves the moment I hit "submit"... Ive fumed farted burped and grumbled for a few ticks then built meself a wee bridge and gotten my bum over it!... did I write it again? yep occasionally Id sit and re-write it and that time it may or may not get to where it was intended... and other times Id mmmm and then move on to something else...

Nowadays I wouldnt dare write it in the first place! and definantly not a re-write! :o dribbling drivel isnt accpetable you know :doh: sorry my bad but I couldnt help meself :U :U BUT!! if anyone wants I do have a defence!! or I can make one up pretty quick if you prefer! :B :U

bpj1968
9th April 2007, 10:02 AM
use the back button on your brwoser. Highlight all the text and "right click" and "copy" if that is an option, or highlight and "ctrl + c" (copy). try submit again if it doesn't work, browse back to submit a new reply and right click and paste , or "Ctrl + v" and post again..

ozwinner
9th April 2007, 10:18 AM
If it's a long or complicated post it's worth doing a copy and save into notepad or word.
Mick

Notepad good, Word bad..

Word attaches tags at the end of sentences:p like this:p and sometimes in the middle too. It makes :p:p it very hard to :-:-read.

Al :2tsup:

joe greiner
9th April 2007, 03:18 PM
Yes, Notepad good, Word bad. Too many bells and whistles in Word. I compose my thread or reply in Notepad from the start, then paste into the reply window. Easy fixup in case of oops. Not long ago, I saw a post (seemed authoritative) saying the WWF's server is in USA. Bits and bytes get bumped around going from here to there to here to there ... Sometimes takes quite a while to register. I've had a couple apparent black hole victims show up in the thread after I've given up.

Joe

surferboy
9th April 2007, 05:42 PM
gday guys
the magic computer fairy must have fixed it cos it turned up later :U

:cool: :cool: :cool:
PS I did have the message and photos on my notepad
they are still here on the "office"desk next to my laptop