PDA

View Full Version : A ( very ) small job - anyone interested ?

AndrewT
16th July 2003, 11:38 PM
Hi guys,

I need about a dozen of a small wooden disks made out of a nice wood. The reason is - I have got a number of tin soldiers ( "54 mm" type, state-of-the-art stuff ) that I want to put on wooden "pedestals" - that would be a wooden base about 25 - 35 mm in diameter, 15 mm tall ( that's roughly ) with somewhat rounded sides ( kinda barrel looking or like Hershey's "Kisses" ).

About a dozen of them first - to see how it will work out, but then a few more dozens might follow. Because this is just my hobby ( so far ) I can't pay a lot but whatever I can I am willing to ( negotiable ). I imagine a dozen could be posted even in a padded envelope so this shouldn't be a problem.

Well should anyone have some time to kill and a piece of timber to sacrifice you are more than welcome. Please send me a message / email or post here.

barnsey
17th July 2003, 12:20 AM
Hi Andrew,

I'm up in God's paradise country but if you don't get an offer that's more convenient then I'll give it a burl - so to speak!!!

If you look at my profile you'll find my email address.

May I suggest you might want to think a little creatively about the shapes you might want, eg different ones for different clans, eg warhammer etc. Different coloured timbers for different classes etc, etc etc.

Then if you want to email me want you think you might want we can explore the choices and what sort of finish, felt bases etc,etc.

To me it's a hobby at the moment and I believe I can offer a reasonably good quality job. If we produce something that has a demand from others then we can work out how we recoup for our efforts. To start with we just need to cover some of my limited costs which I'll give the detail of before we start.

Jamie Barnes:cool:

AndrewT
17th July 2003, 12:47 AM
That was a very quick reply I have to say :) Indeed, I thought of using 2-3 different timbers for different categories ( Ancient, Napoleonic etc. .. this isn't a warhammer stuff ) .. more details to follow in mail.

I would consider doing this myself but at this stage it just makes no sense for me to invest in tools and the right timber ( which is bloody hard to find for some reason ) just for sake of making those bases.