PDA

View Full Version : Got my new incra coming along as well.

metalnwood
8th April 2007, 03:40 PM
Well my incra 25 turned up just before easter so I started to put the table top together. Its 2x18mm mdf which I laminated and have formica top and bottom.

I plan to use some kwila for the edging as I have a lot of that about at the moment.

I don't know exactly what I will do for a base but it will need to be on wheels and drawers would be useful.

I am surprised at how much the fence moves forwards and backwards. The base is mounted securely but this seems to be because of play between the main arm and the base which it locks in to. Even when the leadscrew is locked that doesnt push it against the other side. I hope this is normal and wont be a problem.

Anyway, this is where I am up to. Dont mind the mess, big things are happening hehe.

http://homepage.mac.com/jason.jane/temp/saw/incra.jpg

Jason

Big Shed
8th April 2007, 06:50 PM
Jason, I have the LS 17 and it locks very securely against the other side when you lock the leadscrew. Even when the locking lever is half way up it locks securely enough not to be able to move it by hand, only with the micro adjuster on the lead screw.

Just echoeing Sturdee's comment on your photos, their size makes it very hard to read your post, at least if you don't have a 22" monitor:(

Have you considered using the attachment method, that way we can see a thumbnail and click on it to get the full picture. You need to reduce your photo to about 100k, which I do in AcDSee and resize to 800x600. Just a thought to make it easier for people to see your posts.

Keep us posted on your progress, like the black top.

metalnwood
8th April 2007, 07:14 PM
Oops, I resized this one too, I must remember to do that when I export it. Dare I say I am using a 30" monitor so I don't tend to notice :oo:

I have it stable now, I added shims behind the clamp mechanism and all is well. The manual describes it towards the end (yes, I read the manual last).

My table isnt really large enough for the 25", its 120x84 cm but the ls 25 was in stock and the 17 wasn't so I paid the extra $20US.

I dont like the jessem insert because it doesnt seem to be flat, the corners are flush but the edges are raised a little. hmm.

Jason

Big Shed
8th April 2007, 07:37 PM
I have the Woodpeckers insert and am very happy with it.

Where did you get your Incra from, direct from the US?

metalnwood
8th April 2007, 07:56 PM
I wanted to get the woodpeckers but I mixed up the order. I got the incra from woodpeckers.

Once I had stuffed the order up it wouldnt be worth the cost to have it shipped seperately so I got the jessem from carbatec in auckland. I would have liked the other one for sure now. Oh well..

Jason