PDA

View Full Version : Pyrography ( hotpoker )

des dyer
19th July 2003, 11:39 AM
Grettings to all woodies/carvers.

I would be most obliged if there are any members out there that as experience in this old form of carving.

any recommendations about which burner to use.

any help and advice would be good.

regards: des dyer:confused:

oges
21st July 2003, 07:57 AM
my wife spoke to this lady at the sydney wood show and she seemed pretty knowledgable.
Sue Walters (http://www.suewalters.com/index.html)

des dyer
21st July 2003, 12:10 PM
Hi Brett.
thank you for your response.

i like your wife, spoke to Sue. I indicated to Sue that we had traveled down to the show from Newcastle, and was looking forward to a display of her craft. But she said she was to busy selling her products to set up the poker display.

On returning home i sent a number of questions about the subject, to her.

And the only response was an application to recieve her news sheet.

Since posting the question. Trend timbers, have put me in touch with a Toni Campbell at Windsor. BHrs 02-4587562. I spoke to Toni, and she was every helpful, and gave me answers to all my questions. Toni also conducts classes on Monday nights.

I included this information in the event that your wife, and you are interested.

regards: des:)

Sir Stinkalot
21st July 2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by des dyer
Hi Brett.
i like your wife

:eek:

:D

oges
22nd July 2003, 08:03 AM
Thanks Des, will let her know about the classes and see if she wants to head down there for them. We havent had any problem in getting a response from Sue in the past.

haha stoppers, careful or I will remove me paper bag

enonemus
3rd August 2007, 01:21 PM
I would sincerely appreciate any assistance with reference to obtaining a template/stamp
of my business logo that could be used to identify my work.
Additional information as to the process associated to achieve this would also be appreciated. Thank you.