PDA

View Full Version : Filter Bag material for dust extractor

Darryn
19th July 2003, 01:55 PM
Hi all

Does anyone know where you can buy the needle felt material used for dust collector bags??

I have been following the cyclone thread closely but due to the small size of my workshop and its non permanent use for woodworking, I have decided not to go down that route.

I have seen a setup which goes onto a 240L wheely bin with multiple narrow sock type filters on a box which connect to the wheely bin.

I have one of those single bag 1hp extractors but it is sadly let down by the lact of filter surface, especially when it gets half full. I was thinking of making something similar to the wheely bin setup but need to find where I get the material to make the filters

Can anyone help, I'm in WA too

Darryn

Eastie
21st July 2003, 03:13 PM
Can't help with a manufacturer/supplier, but I'm sure the major air conditioning maintenance providers (commercial HVAC systems - not the domestic stuff) would know of local suppliers.

Darryn
21st July 2003, 07:50 PM
I'm actually a refrigeration mechanic myself and its different to the filter media we use and can get hold of.

I will go and have alook around the people who do industrial systems and see what I can find

Thanks anyway

Darryn

soundman
22nd July 2003, 10:36 PM
In brisbane there is acompany called "FILTARTION FABRICS" they will make to order may freight to you or have a referal to a wa supplier.

Wayne Davy
22nd July 2003, 10:59 PM
I think soundman means "Filtration Fabrics"
http://www.filtrationfabrics.com.au/

Looks like their parent company, Dust Collection Technology Pty Ltd, has an office in WA
Dustcotech W.A.
138B Kenny Street
Bassendean W.A. 6943
Australia
Telephone: (61) 89 2791144
Facsimile: (61) 89 2791311
E-mail: [email protected]
http://www.dustcotech.com.au/

AlexS
23rd July 2003, 08:36 AM
Perhaps sound means flirtation fabrics?

Wayne Davy
23rd July 2003, 12:11 PM
"flirtation fabrics" that must be were fabric is removed (slowly). While some sucking may be involved, I dont think this is what Darryn is after (well not at the moment) :D

Darryn
23rd July 2003, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the lead on filtration fabrics I will let you know how I get on

Darryn

Darryn
24th July 2003, 10:21 PM
I rang the people yesterday but did not get very far

They were not interested in jsut selling the fabric only and only wanted to sell a made up bag

I will keep looking

Darryn

Wayne Davy
24th July 2003, 11:02 PM
I can never understand that! There you are with money in your pocket and they don't want to sell you something - crazy!

journeyman Mick
25th July 2003, 01:42 AM
Wayne, there's no understanding how some people/companies do business. I used to have an account at Gunnersens/Timbermark, they restructured and would no longer sell to non account customers. I had an account so that was fine. Then they decided that they would only sell to retailers, cabinetmakers with workshops over 100M2 and shipwrights, all with a minimum spend of $1K a month. My usage varied from $0 to $10K a month so they cut me off! When I queried them about it they said that it cost them too much money to deal with smaller account holders and that I would just end up buying it from one of the retailers who they sold to. Thing is of course, since then that I make sure that I buy from other sources that don't buy from them, like their biggest competitor another wholesaler/distributor. Economic rationalism - highly irrational if you ask me!

Mick

Darryn
28th July 2003, 04:28 PM
SUCCESS

I found a place in Melbourne called A.C.E Filters who will sell it to me, they will actually sell made up bags too but Its heaps cheaper to just buy the media

Luckily my partner has just gone there for a few days for work so I will get her to get it for me

Darryn

matt152
29th March 2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Darryn I was just wondering if you could let me know the contact details of the company in Melbourne as I work for a school and we cloth bottom bags made so that the kids don't keep poking holes in the plastic ones. Matt.

SUCCESS

I found a place in Melbourne called A.C.E Filters who will sell it to me, they will actually sell made up bags too but Its heaps cheaper to just buy the media

Luckily my partner has just gone there for a few days for work so I will get her to get it for me

Darryn

DJ’s Timber
29th March 2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Darryn I was just wondering if you could let me know the contact details of the company in Melbourne as I work for a school and we cloth bottom bags made so that the kids don't keep poking holes in the plastic ones. Matt.

Matt, don't hold your breath waiting for an answer, Darryn last logged on in 2004.

I did a Yellow Pages search and this is what I found (http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSolution_moreInfo.do?z=&headingCode=21873&listingPosition=2&iblName=A.C.E.+Filters&iblId=4595416&pageNumber=1&authToken=118f76e105c%7C91df1699244409ca20fc59ce1bc5eabf&st=bn)

soundman
30th March 2008, 12:09 AM
If you ring "Filtration Fabrics" in brisbane they may be able to refer you to their melbourne associates.

Filtration fabrics are one of a very few and a major importer of filtration fabric. they also make bags and such to order.
Buying direct is significnatly cheaper than buying the same product from the usual suspects.
I made some enquiries quite some time ago, almost without exception, if the product was made in australia and in a woodworking store, be it a bag or a pleated filter..... it came from filtration fabrics.

cheers