PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Susan

BernieP
13th April 2007, 03:50 PM
G'Day All

Decided against turning today, still a bit shaky after my trip to horsepiddal so took a couple of photos, 1st one about 14inches (whatever that is metric) and the smaller one about 11inches. also shows one of it on six seater table with 8inch pot sitting on bigger one. bottom piece is also done in campour laurel as for a special daughter in law. Usual ideas etc appreciated. By the way finish on big one EEE and shellawax cream, small one EEE and snake gully liquid wax.

Cheers
Bernie

DJ’s Timber
13th April 2007, 04:09 PM
Very nice Bernie, some beautiful figure in that Camphor.

Hope things weren't too serious at the horsepiddal and all is well

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th April 2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, there's some beautiful figuring in those pieces. A Lazy Susan is the perfect vehicle to show it off! Pity people will put stuff on top that hides it. :wink:

I'm sure your DIL will love it.

tashammer
13th April 2007, 05:05 PM
BernieP lad, simply beautiful. There are some pieces of wood that one just wants to and very well could gaze into them forever, all time lost and infinite appreciation.

Good to see you are out of The Place - it's weird, they always seem to be full of sick people, have you noticed that?

Grunt
13th April 2007, 05:11 PM
I really like it but I think you should have made a hard working Susan instead.

ss_11000
13th April 2007, 07:38 PM
great work mate...as they said, nice wood:2tsup:

BernieP
13th April 2007, 10:35 PM
G'Day fellas

Thank for comments but hard to go wrong with a bit of wood like that, even for me.

Cheers
Bernie

rsser
13th April 2007, 10:46 PM
Spekky.

Take care,

paul collins
14th April 2007, 12:12 AM
really nice,simple lines really show off superb grain in camphor.just about my favourite wood to turn.especially when you have a stuffy nose like mine,:D

Gil Jones
14th April 2007, 03:10 AM
Bernie, very fine work on a gorgeous piece of wood.
Great crotch flame orientation, well done.

robynmau
14th April 2007, 06:37 PM
Beautiful wood there, your shape has brought out the best :U

It's a real shame Camphor Laurel is considered a weed in some areas, maybe people should check out just how beautiful this wood is :B

Take care

Cheers

Robyn

Touchwood
14th April 2007, 10:18 PM
Magnificent piece of timber... if that's "a bit shaky", heaven help us when you hit your straps again!!:2tsup:

Take care
JD

Darrell Feltmate
14th April 2007, 10:50 PM
Gorgeous piece of wood and a nice turning. We do not have any camphour laurel here, Nova Scotia, Canada, that I know of.