PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my shed

I_wanna_Shed
14th April 2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thought I would post up some pics of my shed, since I like looking at everyone else's so much :U

For a beginner, I think its a pretty good setup (I may be biased!). The two benches that are in it are inherited from the house's previous owner. They are ok, but I will replace them sometime with my own benches which will be more solid and contain cupboards, drawers, bench dogs etc...

Pic 1: Outside view of shed. Extension lead is now gone (mains are connected). And excuse the temporary rubbish tip!

Pic 2: Looking into the shed. Its a nice 5m x 7m shed. I've got a carport so the car doesn't need to enter the shed.

Pic 3: Looking along the right side of the shed. There is my toolbox, one side of the bench, drill press ($40 from ALDI, does basic jobs... just! Will be replaced soon with a floor standing model), pegboard, shop vac.

Pic 4: Back of the shed. Other side of bench,
GMC disc/belt sander (will replace with a Carbatec disc sander), Ryobi bench grinder, battery charging shelf.

Pic 5: Tool storage cabinet in the corner (a computer equip cabinet), Ryobi thicknesser, my 'good' timber storage (currently Huon, Blackheart Sassafras, King Billy Pine, Tassie Myrtle, CT pine).

Skew ChiDAMN!!
14th April 2007, 11:44 PM
Enjoy the extra space while you can, odds are that it won't last! New tools always take up more room in your shed than they do in the shop. I think there's some sort of trans-dimensional link to the point of sale... the further away from the shop that you need to transport it, the bigger the machine becomes.

So, can we expect you to be applying to the mods for a change of nick soon? :D

I_wanna_Shed
14th April 2007, 11:45 PM
Pic 6: Looking back at my Triton gear. Crosscut sled for the Workcentre is leaning up against a cabinet (VERY HANDY MOD!), in the foreground is an old planter box used for storing scraps and holding clamps on the outside (geez I need more clamps!). A WIP on the floor. A good pair of earmuffs handily hanging up between the Workcentre and router table.

Pic 7: Close up of the pegboard above the router table (the peg boards are actually cloth covered MDF, left over from cubicle partitions from an office re-fit). Small box of (cheap) router bits. I'm slowly building a collection of better CMT bits. The small bits are for my Dremel (not really as useful as I thought they would be. Although, I think a Dremel is a must have!).

Pic 8: My shopvac which I hook upto the Workcentre and router table. Does a good job now with the Triton dust bucket, but will do a GREAT job when I build a cyclone to hook upto it.

Pic 9: My air compressor from Super Cheap Auto. I've just got air hose running around the walls of the shed, with a few outlets. Its permanent air plumbing, but at a few bucks per metre! This seems to do the job for what I've used it for so far, but I would like to know how it would go with some decent airtools and spray guns.

Pic 10: A shot of the overhead airhose line. I usually just have an air gun on the end, and this reaches all corners of the shed. I also have another long hose next to the shed door to reach to the car in the driveway and other places if needed.

Thanks for looking. Missing from the pics is my newly acquired Woodfast 280L lathe!!!! I will post pics of this once I have built a stand for it.

Another recent addition not in the pics is a cast-iron combustion fireplace that a builder neighbour gave me. This will come in very handy in our cold winters, and I think it will be placed near the lathe to enable some good turning sessions throughout the chilly months.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th April 2007, 12:05 AM
Very cunning, painting your compressor in wood-grain. One could almost believe it's not even there! :D

I_wanna_Shed
15th April 2007, 08:16 AM
Very cunning, painting your compressor in wood-grain. One could almost believe it's not even there! :D

Whoops! I buggered up and uploaded the wrong pics in my second post. All fixed now.

DJ’s Timber
15th April 2007, 11:18 AM
That's much better, thought I was going troppo for a while there :no:

RufflyRustic
16th April 2007, 10:22 AM
Nice!!!! - Mine should look sorta close to yours when it eventually gets built.

I bet you had an absolute ball of fun moving in, setting up... sorting out :D

cheers
Wendy

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th April 2007, 05:33 PM
I bet you had an absolute ball of fun moving in, setting up... sorting out

You forgot the important one... filling it up! :D

I_wanna_Shed
18th April 2007, 08:28 AM
Nice!!!! - Mine should look sorta close to yours when it eventually gets built.

I bet you had an absolute ball of fun moving in, setting up... sorting out :D

cheers
Wendy

I found the setting up to be very fun, its still going, probably will always be ongoing I would say. There's a thread on here somewhere about how setting up a shed can be just as fun as building things and I think that is right!

Since I have had the shed I have found myself driving a bit slower around Council cleanup times! You never know what you will find that you can use for the shed or a project.

Carry Pine
18th April 2007, 09:45 AM
Nathan,

Well done. I remember when you had nothing (well no shed anyway). We needed to wait for the second set of piccies to see the orange stuff.
My advice. Give up going to the car races and get into some serious woodwork. Enjoy your shed.
I need an environmental impact statement to build one here and the minister for the environment, sound protection and time usage is holding things up at the moment.

Graham

Ross
18th April 2007, 02:48 PM
Nathan,

I need an environmental impact statement to build one here and the minister for the environment, sound protection and time usage is holding things up at the moment.

Graham

Sack her and get a new one.

Ross