PDA

View Full Version : Was a workbench now a desk WIP

Wild Dingo
15th April 2007, 05:04 PM
Just thought Id start the ball rolling on this WIP Im doing... I dont expect this to be a quick make and it changed from being a workbench to a desk since the thicknessers have both carked it well one has the other Im over and Id only done one benchtop layer so its gonna be a desk... At present in the house were using an old door set on top of two saw horses for a desk for the computer stuff and its a pain...

Ive got a shyteload of Jarrah that I need to work on before it can even be considered ready for dry fit let alone putting together but I thought well a WIP is a WIP so lets start

Anyway! This will mostly be Jarrah but the legs will be Durian as shown... there will also be turned fronts on them of Tuart (I turned a 3x3 peice awhile ago and its been sitting waiting for the moment and its finally come)

In the end Im hoping for it to look similar to the one found at Northwoods (http://www.northwoodtools.com.au/) in the free download area only this will be in solid timber without ply or mdf... gotta login but thats no dramas

Pic 1 the Jarrah top... Im slowly warming to this Jarrah
Pic 2 another angle
Pic 3 with the legs resting against them for matching grain runs and color
Pic 4 the legs resting on the deck
Pic 5 My newest offsider Lukas... I think poppy worked him too hard eh? :B

Yeah maybe I should spend a bit of time cleaning up a tad bit of a disaster area I guess :roll: ... but hey its being used again!!! man you should have seen the spidey webs in there when I was finally allowed back in!! :o