PDA

View Full Version : Vale: Auld Bassoon

Krazee
16th April 2007, 04:15 PM
I have just heard from my previous work colleagues that Steve passed away at home last week. Details are a bit sketchy. Steve has been a strong contibutor to these forums and a devotee of the art of woodworking and will be sadly missed.

Geoff

Felder
16th April 2007, 04:19 PM
You could knock me down with a feather at the moment.

I spoke to Steve three weeks ago and he said he had had some health problems, but was looking forward to working on his dining table.

Steve was a great bloke. He will be sorely missed by me. :no:

Thanks for the info, Krazee.

jmk89
16th April 2007, 04:21 PM
Jeez I hope that's not true...and proves to be a Mark Twain death notice ("reports of my death have been grossly exaggerated")
After he had just finished that beaut dining table...

silentC
16th April 2007, 04:21 PM
Likewise. Hadn't seen him around for awhile here but people come and go. More sad news...

Rocker
16th April 2007, 04:26 PM
I am shell-shocked too. He is the first active member that I know of to have passed away since I joined the Forum four years ago. He will be sadly missed.

Rocker

Cliff Rogers
16th April 2007, 04:28 PM
Whoa.... :oo:

Wongo
16th April 2007, 04:38 PM
I don't know what to say.:C

Gra
16th April 2007, 04:40 PM
whoa...

I cant believe it. Can anyone confirm this?

I met steve at a couple of the BBQ's, and had seen his posts. He was such a nice and friendly bloke. If this is true he will be sorely missed.

ss_11000
16th April 2007, 04:49 PM
thats a shock....hope his family is ok

ozwinner
16th April 2007, 05:00 PM
Awwhh no!!!. :o

Im dumb struck..

Al :no::C

TEEJAY
16th April 2007, 05:02 PM
My God - I'm stunned

Krazee
16th April 2007, 05:03 PM
Gra,

I have been forwarded a copy of the email advising his work colleagues (I used to work in an area very closely associated with Steve until I was made redundant 18 months ago). I too was shocked and hesitated before creating this thread but thought that his many friends in the forums would like to be informed.

Geoff

Lignum
16th April 2007, 05:03 PM
That is a total shock. I was in contact with him on the 7th as Steve was giving up work and was thinking of joining me here. But i have been trying and trying to contact him with no luck. This is very sad news as Steve was a real nice bloke and i will definetly miss him:(

zenwood
16th April 2007, 05:13 PM
I always enjoyed his informative posts, and admired his craftsmanship. His love of the craft shone through, and he went with plans to make two chairs to match the beautiful table he had just finished.

It must have been quite sudden, maybe better that than a long slow decline.

Thanks for letting us know, Krazee.

RufflyRustic
16th April 2007, 05:24 PM
I'll be raising my glass tonight, in honour......

Wendy

Gumby
16th April 2007, 05:25 PM
I'm stunned as well. :(

We know it happens to us all at some point but it hits home harder when you've met the person several times, as a lot of the Melbournians on here have done.

He always attended the BBQ's and was a great contributor to the day. I'm going to miss that tweed coat he used to wear. He looked so formal amongst the rest of us.

A hell of a nice bloke and will be sadly missed.

This isn't a good week is it. What with mick's news and now this, plus a work college of mine died of a heart attack at 54 on Friday.

:(:(

TEEJAY
16th April 2007, 05:35 PM
I'll be raising my glass tonight, in honour......

Wendy

I'm 100 percent with you on that Wendy. Will buy a nice red on the way home.

Steve was a complete gentleman.

I never found him anything but always willing to help and share his knowledge and love of woodworking and handtools.

Will miss him, he really added to the flavour around here.

DJ’s Timber
16th April 2007, 05:36 PM
Crikey, I am shell shocked :o , Steve will be missed. From the 2 times I had meet him I found him to be a true gentleman and genuinely nice bloke.

May he rest in peace :( :(

Tex B
16th April 2007, 05:38 PM
Stunned. Had no idea Steve was in poor health. I'll miss him.

Tex

ozwinner
16th April 2007, 05:42 PM
Ive rang Woodborer who has Steves numbers, but they are all disconnected.

Bloody hell...

Al :C:no:

Sturdee
16th April 2007, 05:53 PM
I'm as shocked as everyone else.

I've had the pleasure of not only knowing Steve through his posts on the forum but I've also met him at BBQ's and have had dinner with WB at his house.

We knew that Steve has been ill for a while but I thought he had recovered and was getting better.

All the time I've known Steve I found him to be a thorough gentleman, only one of the few that I've met over the years. Alas it appears he is no more. I am deeply saddened by the news. Steve lived alone, but I hope that he had friends with him at the time.

Peter.

Cliff Rogers
16th April 2007, 05:56 PM
His last post was 10 days ago & he last logged on 8 days ago.
It is hard to believe. :no:

It seems so sudden.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th April 2007, 06:06 PM
:oo:

Aye, unlike other people here he was one of Nature's true gentlemen... he even put up with my sense of humour. :- I'll definitely miss his presence on the forums and get-togethers.

Sadly, I have a pen here that he'd commissioned around the first time he mentioned his illness and he didn't have a chance to see it. :(

TEEJAY
16th April 2007, 06:08 PM
So many knew a little of Steve - could I ask a favour of those who knew him better to share more of Auld Bassoon we wrote to and read about often?

Cliff Rogers
16th April 2007, 06:31 PM
This is where I met Steve & several of the other mexicans.

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=21344

Gumby
16th April 2007, 06:31 PM
So many knew a little of Steve - could I ask a favour of those who knew him better to share more of Auld Bassoon we wrote to and read about often?

He features prominently in the video taken at Scooters late last year. The coat and all.

With regards to the red wine suggestion as a way of rememberance and tribute, can I suggest 8pm this evening. Well all raise one for him.

A Glass in memory of a true gentleman.

fred.n
16th April 2007, 06:44 PM
8 pm it is
R.I.P. AB

Cliff Rogers
16th April 2007, 06:52 PM
I just watched the smoothing plane video again & I still don't believe it. :no:

Wood Butcher
16th April 2007, 06:53 PM
His is one that will be sorely missed. A great contributor and a great bloke! I'll raise my glass at 8

Condolences to his family.

Mirboo
16th April 2007, 06:56 PM
I'm shocked. :sad1: R.I.P. Steve.

AlexS
16th April 2007, 07:05 PM
Shocked like everyone else. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the WWW show last year. Found him to be a most pleasant & friendly gentleman. Will raise a glass to him at 8 o'clock.

himzol
16th April 2007, 07:18 PM
He features prominantly in the video taken at Scooters late last year. The coat and all.

With regards to the red wine suggestion as a way of rememberance and tribute, can I suggest 8pm this evening. Well all raise one for him.

A Glass in memory of a true gentleman.

Great Idea Gumby, that would be 7:30 here in South Oz, I'm going to make sure it's a good red as well. Oh and your quite correct it's not been a good week.:C

Groggy
16th April 2007, 07:19 PM
These are indeed sad times, Steve was a gentle man and liked by all who met him. Each time I spoke to him he had things to do and plans waiting. I too will miss him, my thoughts go to his family. These forums will be the poorer for his passing. :C

namtrak
16th April 2007, 07:23 PM
Terribly sad news..

8pm it is.

Rossluck
16th April 2007, 07:33 PM
I didn't know Steve, but always stopped to read his posts as I scrolled down. For a relatively new member like me, he was part of the fabric of this forum. Sad news.

Christopha
16th April 2007, 07:40 PM
6pm WA/ 8 EST time, with you all, I shall be having a Coonawarra red in his honour..... Bugger!

Glenn_M
16th April 2007, 08:11 PM
I didn't know Steve personally but looked forward to his informative posts. His level of detail and craftsmanship were something I aspire to. Certainly a valuable contributor to this community who will be missed.

I'll join in the 8pm toast to Steve as a mark of respect and opportunity lost. I guess you never know which day is you last and should make the most of all of them.

Peace

Glenn

Grunt
16th April 2007, 08:16 PM
Feel really crappy now. That's a real blow. :(

8pm toast it is.

Doughboy
16th April 2007, 08:35 PM
He is off to the great lathe in the sky, may all your turns be peaceful. RIP old mate.

echnidna
16th April 2007, 08:52 PM
Very sad news

Gumby
16th April 2007, 09:01 PM
8PM

To Steve, Auld Bassoon, a toast in your memory from all your friends in here.

Cheers Mate, we'll miss you.

namtrak
16th April 2007, 09:06 PM
Cheers

Bluegum
16th April 2007, 09:12 PM
Cheers to you Steve I like the rest of am shocked at the sad news that I have just read. I sadly do not know what to say.

martrix
16th April 2007, 09:16 PM
..............knock me down with a feather:sad1: . Sad news.

See you in the next gig Steve.:bye2:

Honorary Bloke
16th April 2007, 09:24 PM
A man of wit and wisdom. You're already missed. Bon Voyage. :(

Harry II
16th April 2007, 09:26 PM
Rest in peace kind man.

AULD LANG SYNE

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne ?

CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
And surely ye’ll be your pint-stoup !
And surely I’ll be mine !
And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae run about the braes,
and pou’d the gowans fine ;
But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
sin’ auld lang syne.

CHORUS
We twa hae paidl’d in the burn,
frae morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us braid hae roar’d
sin’ auld lang syne.

CHORUS
And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !
And gies a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll tak a right gude-willie-waught,
for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

MajorPanic
16th April 2007, 09:51 PM
To say I'm shocked would be a gross understatement!!

Steve & I communicated a lot via PM's. To me he was truly one of Natures Gentlemen. He will live on in our memories & I for one will not forget him.

I will sadly miss our communications :cry4:

I'm sure though, he is watching ALL of us & having a little snicker at what goes on.

Wood Butcher
16th April 2007, 09:54 PM
I have just informed Neil (uBeaut) and he too is surprised by Steve's passing and passes on his condolences.

NewLou
16th April 2007, 09:57 PM
When I think of Steve I think of a true gentleman. Steve sold me his woodrat n through this I discovered a man that truely loved the craft of woodworking...................a real entheusiast

N a real gentleman!

I raise my glass to you Steve! thanks for all you have given the Forum & ME!

You'll be sorely missed!!!!

Lou

Iain
16th April 2007, 10:02 PM
Reminiscent of Spike Milligan, I told you I wasn't feeling well.
Steve told us he was not well but played us all off with 'it is nothing' 'requires some aggressive treatment', nothing more was said and I suspect he knew what was ahead but perceived it as his own personal battle and didn't want the fuss.
Steve was a wonderful, generous man who did not have a bad word for anyone, even though we did all laugh when he dropped his plane blade whilst demonstrating his magnificent handmade plane at Scooters place that beautiful afternoon, if only I had known that was the last time I would have seen him, so many times had I meant to catch up, so many times did I fail, probably like many others.
I trust that Steve realised that he made many good friends on this BB, a lot of whom he met personally, I know not how he died, nor do I care, I know that there is a huge vacancy to fill with his wealth of knowledge and his understanding of woodworking, people and his sense of impeccable style and compassion.
May you truly rest in peace, and we will never understand your not letting us know that it was that bad.

Sir Stinkalot
16th April 2007, 10:12 PM
Just heard the news in the blackwood table tread. It certainly is a shock, second piece of bad news of the week so far.

Although I never met Steve there is still a great deal of respect in the cyber world. All the best to his family that may get the chance to read the positive impact that Steve had on the members of the forum.

Harry72
16th April 2007, 10:17 PM
Steve you'll sorely be missed, goodbye Mate RIP.

WoodGirl
16th April 2007, 10:24 PM
I had the great honour of meeting Steve at a couple of woodworking events. He was a truly beautiful person. I just can't believe he has left us :C ... RIP dear Steve.

mic-d
16th April 2007, 10:31 PM
Aawwhhh, very sad news

Cheers to you Steve.

Michael

Wood Borer
16th April 2007, 10:39 PM
Steve was born on Sunday February 5th 1956 in the Channel Islands.

Steve worked for Telstra as a Manager in one of their IT sections writing software for one of their billing departments to do with other telecommunications carriers.

As many have already mentioned, Steve was a quiet gentlemen, a great host and also a wonderful cook. Anyone who has had the pleasure of enjoying a meal at Steve’s will know what I mean.

Steve had many interests one of them being woodwork. Steve did not brag much about his accomplishments and I am certainly not privy to many of those accomplishments but they do include:

Rally driving in South Africa – Steve was a very good rally driver and had completed several advanced rally driving courses. His stories of rally driving in South Africa made you feel as if you were in the car next to him wondering which way is up!

Steve has several times sailed yachts in the Southern Ocean down amongst the ice whilst participating in long distance Ocean Races. To sail in those big seas in some of the big storms Steve had encountered takes guts and determination.

Steve was a dedicated darksider who also used electron burners because they were at times convenient. Who amongst us could ever forget his determination and sweat making his plane. Justifiably Steve was very proud of that plane that worked so well. The fine shavings it produced gave Steve a lot of pleasure.

Steve was born on exactly the same day as me, had an interest in sailing (far beyond my efforts), an interest in off road driving, we had similar careers and of course we both shared the love of woodwork. It was our passion of woodwork and both being members of this Bulletin Board that made our paths cross.

I recall Steve’s dry sense of humour one night at his place when he asked Sturdee who was the eldest – himself or me? Poor Sturdee didn’t in his wildest dreams figure we were the same age and politely gave some answer which wasn’t “you are both the same age”.

I was shocked today to hear the news like the rest of you.

Meg and I will both dearly miss you Steve, it was a privilege to have met you mate.

Andy Mac
16th April 2007, 10:45 PM
That's stunned me, very sad news indeed. I was only just thinking I hadn't seen a post from Steve for a bit. He'll be sadly missed by all of us.

RIP Steve

Ashore
16th April 2007, 11:13 PM
Stunned and then some , rest easy old mate.

Captain Chaos
16th April 2007, 11:41 PM
It is with great sadness that I have just learned of Steves ( Auld Bassoon ) passing. I did not have the pleasure of making his acquaintance, but have always enjoyed and learned much from his posts. He will be sadly missed by all on this forum.:tears:
Gone from us now, but not forgotten.
Barry.

scooter
16th April 2007, 11:58 PM
RIP Steve, glad to have met you.

Hope you mastered adjusting that infill smoother to your satisfaction, mate.

Regards...............Sean

johnc
17th April 2007, 12:06 AM
Although I did not meet Steve, I did gain a lot from his posts and his input will be greatly missed.

John

Ray153
17th April 2007, 01:38 AM
Feeling incredibly empty right now, having just read about this. I had the pleasure of meeting Steve when I bought his little blue bandsaw from him. Never met him before I bought it and he went out of his way to accomodate me in the purchase. Spent a very enjoyable 3 hours with him talking about his wood working and his love of planes.
He was looking forward so much to getting his new Hammer and he did mention that he had lots of plans to upgrade his table saw and thicknesser/jointer. Vaguely recall that he spoke about a new work bench as well and we all saw the magnificent job he did with that.
Will miss his valuable contributions to the body of knowledge that is this forum, I hope that he has gone to the great big woodshop in the sky, filled with all that one could hope for where the timber is plentiful, perfectly straight, never cupped or warped and nary a split or shake in sight, the tools are always sharp and you never put tails on one end and pins on the other end of the board.
May you rest in peace Steve, it was a pleasure to have known you and I will think of you every time I push the green button on my bandsaw.

underused
17th April 2007, 02:39 AM
RIP Auld Bassoon
What a gent, and an excellent woodworker
Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us all mate...

Gary.

jow104
17th April 2007, 03:00 AM
Janet & I are very sorry to hear the sad news of the death of Steve.
I knew Steve personally and I can say that he matched his words also with good deeds.

Schtoo
17th April 2007, 04:18 AM
I'd forgotten what shock feels like.

Not anymore... :C

Rest in peace Steve, and keep the irons sharp for when we all come visit.

Bob38S
17th April 2007, 12:43 PM
Never had the pleasure of meeting Steve but know of his posts - a valuable, respected contributor.

It's been a sad week.

Regards,
Bob

MurrayD99
17th April 2007, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. I remember Steve was most helpful to me over a plane and I am grateful for his help..

Waldo
17th April 2007, 05:53 PM
G'day,

Strewth! :C

Only just finding this thread knocks the wind out of your sails.

Like others, I've met Steve a few times and remember his tweed coat and a softly spoken gentleman. He had a passion for what he did and was only to happy to help where he could.

You'll be very sadly missed.

Tiger
17th April 2007, 08:54 PM
Terrible news :( . Never met Steve but he always made a contribution when people needed one.

Just found out about Mick's loss, how sad.

Our thoughts are with the respective families.

JaD
17th April 2007, 08:55 PM
Reminiscent of Spike Milligan, I told you I wasn't feeling well.
I trust that Steve realised that he made many good friends on this BB, a lot of whom he met personally, I know not how he died, nor do I care, I know that there is a huge vacancy to fill with his wealth of knowledge and his understanding of woodworking, people and his sense of impeccable style and compassion.
May you truly rest in peace, and we will never understand your not letting us know that it was that bad.

:o Crikeys.....2 days I log in and 2 very sad entries...(or should that be "exits"

Beautiful words Iain and WB......:2tsup: What was the meaning of "Auld Bassoon".????....if it's not wrong to ask??????

Only knew him thru posts and replies to some of my problems....But one knew the help was so genuine and from a passionate "woody":)

RIP good man......rip it all down!!!!

Sorry I missed the red wine, but I'll crack a black beer for ya now.....:; That'll be a Tooheys 'Auld'....

Shedhand
17th April 2007, 09:11 PM
I don't know if Steve's family will get to read any of these posts but even though I didn't meet AB personally he was a true font of knowledge and helped me out once or twice. His loss to his family and his friends on and off-line is tragic.
Cheers mate
Mike

PS. I didn't realise Steve was only 51. An Aquarian like me who was into music like me. A kindred spirit. I wish I had known him better.

Justin
17th April 2007, 09:19 PM
Damn, what a bummer. I've been offline for a while due to moving house and have only found out tonight after getting back on line.

I live in the same suburb as Steve did (past tense sounds so awful:no: ), and had pretty much taken it for granted that we'd meet up some time for a yarn. I was just waiting for the opportunity to present itself without coming across like some kind of stalker......

Well, here's to you Steve, and I hope you're having a great time in the Afterlife Shed.

Justin.

W.Lill
17th April 2007, 09:39 PM
It has been very sad to hear of Auld Bassoon's passing. His posts were always worth reading. Thank you for your contributions, I shall miss them. Rest in peace.

Jedo_03
17th April 2007, 09:58 PM
Tis always sad to lose a mate
Condolences to his family and all who loved him
respectfully
Jedo

Cliff Rogers
17th April 2007, 11:29 PM
... What was the meaning of "Auld Bassoon".????....if it's not wrong to ask??????......

Steve did say in one of the threads about member names & I have been trying to find it & I found this instead.... A lighthearted comment by the man himself. :)
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showpost.php?p=351138&postcount=5

Green Woodchips
17th April 2007, 11:29 PM
Shocking and sad news.

The man may be gone, but Steve's posts will continue to possess a life and usefulness of their own.

He will be sorely missed.

GW

keith53
18th April 2007, 12:11 AM
I couldn't belive what I saw reading the thread title. Very sad news.

patr
18th April 2007, 06:51 AM
I was deeply saddened to hear of Steve's passing.

I thoroughly enjoyed his many posts which reeked of experience and an inordinate willingness to offer help and advice.

Sincere condolences from our Valley in Wales to his loved ones and friends.

Pat and Simou

Rocker
18th April 2007, 09:50 AM
Jad,

Auld Bassoon was a play on Steve's real surname - Bisson.

Rocker

craigb
18th April 2007, 10:46 AM
I haven't been on the board for a while so it was quite a shock to hear of Steve's passing.

Although I never met him I interacted with him on the forums many times.

A sad loss.

Cliff Rogers
18th April 2007, 11:14 AM
Jad,

Auld Bassoon was a play on Steve's real surname - Bisson.

Rocker

Yeap, that is it, another member found this one (http://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=19695) for me, it isn't the one I was thinking of but it will do.

Scally
18th April 2007, 04:14 PM
What shockingly sad news.

I logged in to see how Steve's table was looking and get this news.

Steve always had kind and thoughtful comments.

I always looked for "Auld.." as I skimmed the posts.

Very sorry to lose this gentleman.
My condolences to his family and friends.

Wild Dingo
18th April 2007, 06:54 PM
Bloody hell :C I dont wander down this far very often but to do so and find this? buggar
I always enjoyed Steves posts informative with a touch of humor and as has been said a gentleman

BUT 51??? Shyte thats too young!! :C way too young

To all his family and friends our thoughts and care go out to them
Shane

warmtone
18th April 2007, 09:17 PM
I've only found out about the bad news last night from Lignum.

While I only met Steve once at the WWWH at the Open day last year, Steve struck me as a special person. His advice to my various PM's left me in no doubt he was more than willing to share his vast experience, knowledge and enthusiasm for woodworking.

He will be missed but never forgotten!

Is there some way we can offer our condolences to the family and perhaps pay a farewell at his funeral?

Wood Borer
18th April 2007, 10:04 PM
I am trying very hard to find out the details of Steve's funeral. Today I made quite a bit of progress.

My investigations so far reveal that the funeral has not yet taken place.

I expect to have further information some time tomorrow night, I will let everyone know as soon as I find out.

felixe
18th April 2007, 10:46 PM
This is very sad news, my thoughts are with his family - Steve you will certainly be missed.:C

lesmeyer
19th April 2007, 12:23 AM
Was out of circulation for a couple of days.
Sad news indeed.
I have always enjoyed the posts from Steve and his wonderful knowledge that he was always willing to impart.
He will be sorely missed.
Rest in Peace Steve.
Les

Wood Borer
19th April 2007, 03:59 PM
The funeral will be some time off yet - I will let you all know as soon as I know of the arrangements.

jmk89
19th April 2007, 04:04 PM
I still can not believe it.

I only knew Steve through the Forum, but I enjoyed that interaction with him and, like others, I learned a lot from him.

You are missed, Steve. I hope that you are on broadband in the hereafter, so you can keep an eye on our fumble-fingered attempts to do decent woodwork.

Farewell

Jeremy

Waldo
19th April 2007, 04:08 PM
G'day Rob,

Thanks, I'd like to make it if I can - to show some support for his family etc.

Gumby
19th April 2007, 04:35 PM
Cheers Rob.

All things being equal, I'm happy to go and represent his friends in here as well.

Cliff Rogers
19th April 2007, 04:43 PM
....I'm happy to go and represent his friends in here as well.
Goodo, count me in for one proxy. :2tsup:

Gumby
20th April 2007, 02:04 PM
I had an email last night from a couple of past forum members, Doug The Slug and Jules.

Steve went out of his way to pick Jules up and drive her to one of the get togethers last time they were in Melbourne.

She asked me to pass on their deepest sympathy and condolences.

Lignum
20th April 2007, 02:37 PM
I also got a call yesterday from a past member Rob "Flowboy" who also had a bit to do with Steve and was also shocked and saddend and asked me to post his deepest sympathy and condolences to Steves family.

Wood Borer
20th April 2007, 10:38 PM
I am not sure that Steve has any family in Australia.

I will be doing my best to attend the funeral or whatever arrangements will be made.

Lignum
20th April 2007, 10:50 PM
I am not sure that Steve has any family in Australia.

I will be doing my best to attend the funeral or whatever arrangements will be made.

I dont think he has, but i hope this thread gets to them somehow to show how well liked and respected he was.

John Saxton
22nd April 2007, 10:04 PM
Have just returned from O/seas and was shocked to hear of the passing of Auld Bassoon a valued contributor,for which we are suddenly poorer.

I never got to know Steve personally but this BB is "family" and to lose one is to lose part of something really good.

My heart goes out to his family in this time of need and I wish to express my condolences that such a genuine person should be lost to the world at such a young age.

May you RIP Steve

havenoideaatall
5th May 2007, 10:33 PM
I'm stunned as well. :(

We know it happens to us all at some point but it hits home harder when you've met the person several times, as a lot of the Melbournians on here have done.

He always attended the BBQ's and was a great contributor to the day. I'm going to miss that tweed coat he used to wear. He looked so formal amongst the rest of us.

A hell of a nice bloke and will be sadly missed.

This isn't a good week is it. What with mick's news and now this, plus a work college of mine died of a heart attack at 54 on Friday.

:(:(

I stood next to him and Gra at last spring's Pakenham meet and amongst other things discussed M&Ts and finishings.

I also remember the jacket, the demeanour, the mark of a real gent. I also remember a few choice comments which still ring in my head when I
consider woodwork. I am genuinely flabbergasted and deeply shocked.

Haveno