PDA

View Full Version : finally success with goblets

benji79
16th April 2007, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone, after a couple of goblet failures, i gave up for a while and went to bowls. But I finally built up the courage on the weekend to have another go.

The first and second pics were my test piece. It was made out of White Laurel and finished with Shellawax.

The third picture is made from Camphor Laurel. Also finished with Shellawax. It turned out so nice (in my opinion) that I made a box (which Ive yet to stain) for my mates 40th birthday.

What do you think?

Benji

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th April 2007, 06:22 PM
It's a keeper! (Well the one that's not meant to be a gift, anyway. :rolleyes:) The rims of the feet are a wee tad thick for my taste, but as that's the only criticism I have, and only a small one at that, well... :thyel:

You'll probably find that as(if?) you turn more goblets and become more familiar with the techniques, you'll start turning fancier or more delicate. Even so, I bet you'll always have a soft spot for the first one. (I do for mine. :wink:) It well deserves pride of place in it's own box, too!

BernieP
16th April 2007, 06:43 PM
G'Day Benji

Very nice thanks for sharing

Cheers
bernie

Frank&Earnest
16th April 2007, 07:23 PM
It's a keeper! (Well the one that's not meant to be a gift, anyway. :rolleyes:) The rims of the feet are a wee tad thick for my taste, but as that's the only criticism I have, and only a small one at that, well... :thyel:

You'll probably find that as(if?) you turn more goblets and become more familiar with the techniques, you'll start turning fancier or more delicate. Even so, I bet you'll always have a soft spot for the first one. (I do for mine. :wink:) It well deserves pride of place in it's own box, too!
Ditto, word for word. Well done Benji.
Skew, I feel $%^&* sycophantic, but give to Caesar...:)

tashammer
16th April 2007, 09:49 PM
Benji

what them above said, as he joined the conga line.

DJ’s Timber
16th April 2007, 10:05 PM
:wts: :wtg:

Rookie
17th April 2007, 09:56 AM
Nice Benji, nice. Still practicing mine. Can't stop things breaking. Still working at it.

Really nice mate.

robynmau
17th April 2007, 09:44 PM
Hi there

Really nice job, I'm sure your mate will love it:rolleyes: