PDA

View Full Version : Pinless Blade adaptor for GMC 16"

Chippy Chappy
25th July 2003, 04:36 PM
:confused: I have recently received the GMC 16" scroll saw as a present. After reading some of the discussion threads, I decided to get the pinless adaptors. Now the problem, as the owners manual and the adaptors did give any indication how to fit same.
Do they fit inside the chrome pieces or do they fit in some other fashion?
As you can tell I am new to scroll sawing and if anybody out there can provide the answers I would be very greatful.
Many thanks
regards Steve

Chippy Chappy
28th July 2003, 01:51 PM
Have sussed it out overlooked the obvious:D

oges
28th July 2003, 07:58 PM
Steve
Glad you worked it out and hope you enjoy the scrolling.

Geoff Sims
29th July 2003, 12:46 AM
Chippy

Where did you get the adaptors for the pinless blades? Haven't been able to get them near my locale. (Byford)

Would appreciate you're advice.

Geoff

oges
29th July 2003, 07:51 PM
Geoff

Im not sure about GMC pinless clamps, but I got some Hegner clamps from The Wood Works in Sydney, they fit well to my GMC saw. Works well with one of those clock winder things.

http://www.thewoodworks.com.au/details.html?eqskudata=S1101

Wayne Davy
29th July 2003, 11:19 PM
Geoff

I picked up a set from Bunnies in Brisbane. The tool guy had to order in one set for another customer so he order a few more. Only $12 from memory. These require an allen key to tighten and there are other that have quick release mech. but are way more money.

Chippy Chappy
4th August 2003, 05:06 PM
Geoff
I ordered my guides from Special Orders at Bunnings in Rockingham. Took about 4 days to get them in I would think any Bunnings store could order them in. Cost about $8.95 for a pair,
fairly cheap, I bought two pairs just in case lost one.

Geoff Sims
5th August 2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks guys.

I'll head to Bunnies and place an order.

Cheers