PDA

View Full Version : Triton Router 1/4 reducing collet

Woodlee
24th April 2007, 01:13 AM
Just a question regarding the reducing collet for the 2400w Triton router .
When fitting the reducing collet to the router does the collet nut need to be removed and the 1/4 collet placed inside or is the collet meant to just drop through the nut ?
The reason I ask is I used the 1/4 reducer today with a straight bit and just dropped the reducer into the collet with out remving the nut ,The reducer has a wire circlip on it so I just dropped it in placed the cutter into it and tightened the nut.Im wondering now if I did the right thing and not sure if the wire clip should go inside under the nut.
I looked up the user manual but no mention of fitting the reducing collet.

I used this to cut the slots in the aluminium sheet destined to be the new top for the Triton table.
It worked a treat on the lowest speed setting and a mixture of kero and engine oil for a lubricant.Cutter is in good nick too.
Aluminium heats up quick dosent it?

rayintheuk
24th April 2007, 02:12 AM
I used the 1/4 reducer today with a straight bit and just dropped the reducer into the collet with out removing the nut ,The reducer has a wire circlip on it so I just dropped it in placed the cutter into it and tightened the nut.Im wondering now if I did the right thing.

You did right. The circlip is meant to be outside the nut. :)

Ray.

Woodlee
24th April 2007, 09:55 AM
You did right. The circlip is meant to be outside the nut. :)

Ray.

Thanks Ray